Nissan Connect NISMO plus and 2015 GTR NISMO coming to GT6 in June?

• Thread starter MCNAGTROC
  • 352 comments
dont worry Im going to make a big thread in the members ride section is less than a month comparing the two so look out for that. Cant go into too much detail as I dont even know it all my self but Nissan is making a pretty big deal out of the delivery of the car since its the #1 car for the US and its celebrating their 30 years of NISMO. So I Think there is gonna be some really neat things tied that im gonna be sharing with everyone shortly

I did the Leguna Time attack too as next week Motor Trend is doing their Best Drivers Car lap time with it there. A sport hard might be a better representation as I did about 10 mins of driving on SS and got into the 1:32's the real life car I think will be in the 1:34-1:35's based on what the regular GTRs have done in years past

Last edited:
dont worry Im going to make a big thread in the members ride section is less than a month comparing the two so look out for that.

I did the Leguna Time attack too as next week Motor Trend is doing their Best Drivers Car lap time with it there. A sport hard might be a better representation as I did about 10 mins of driving on SS and got into the 1:32's the real life car I think will be in the 1:34-1:35's based on what the regular GTRs have done in years past

I'll be all over that thread when it drops, pleeeeeese be a pic whore :D (wish I didn't f my life up years ago, my envy is at max) Nismo GTR is a GT6 car for me, nothing I'll get my real hands on.

That's an interesting thought, I run 1:30 at Laguna with assist off. It would appear (to me anyways) the times with SH will be closer to the Nismo GT-R in real life, but possibly, the SS tires make up the difference for the N-Attack edition. My Nurb time after a few laps stock no oil on SS is 7:09.2, I can do 7:08 I'm sure.

I'll be all over that thread when it drops, pleeeeeese be a pic whore

you bet. Cant go into too much detail as I dont even know it all my self but Nissan is making a pretty big deal out of the delivery of the car since its the #1 car for the US and its celebrating their 30 years of NISMO. So I Think there is gonna be some really neat things tied that im gonna be sharing with everyone shortly. but they are sending their media film and photo crew out so yeah there is going to be some really cool pics of the whole thing

the Ship its on arrives to port in the US 10/7 so im guessing less than a week after that it will be delivered

you bet. Cant go into too much detail as I dont even know it all my self but Nissan is making a pretty big deal out of the delivery of the car since its the #1 car for the US and its celebrating their 30 years of NISMO. So I Think there is gonna be some really neat things tied that im gonna be sharing with everyone shortly. but they are sending their media film and photo crew out so yeah there is going to be some really cool pics of the whole thing

the Ship its on arrives to port in the US 10/7 so im guessing less than a week after that it will be delivered

Wow

I'd say your lucky but hopefully you earned it

The GTR Nismo thread turned into a ring lap debate fit for the Auto News section.
I say so what people was talking about the Nurburgring lap times with the car, that's why it was called a "discussion" thread, meaning anything associated with the car, especially now, an in-game car. @Siren I was also looking forward to talking about/reading about this car.

On another note, I was privileged enough to have a ride in a 2012 GT-R Black Edition, let me explain, not what you think tho. In 2011 I worked for a huge dealership out here in Harford County, Maryland called Jones Junction where they have several dealerships on one huge lot. I detailed cars for Jones and one day I pull up to the garage and see a brand new black GT-R with Spec-V type wheels sitting outside the garage. I was in awe. I went in and my boss, which I know him outside of work, ask me to help him with the detail of the car, he wanted me because I'm good at detailing and he wanted it perfect because it was a showroom car.

So after we got done I was wondering who was going to drive the car down to the showroom at the Nissan dealership on the lot and he said he was, I was like yes, he was the only one who could drive the car, the big heads specifically gave him the key and told him to put this in your pocket, I wonder why, lol.

So we got in and sat there for about fifteen minutes while he let me play with the center computer, I was amazed at all the info that computer had, I was thinking about Kaz was the one who designed this. So we proceeded to take the car to the showroom driving slowly around the lot, I'm looking at my man like do you know what your driving, he could care less though he knows it's something special, all eyes was on us. On this little straight on the lot I said to him all I ask is to give it some gas so I could feel a little bit of that first gear turbo spool up, he did and I was like wow as my back sunk into the seat.

So yea, I'm happy I got to showroom detail and ride in one even if it was just on the parking lot. I have always loved the Skyline since my GT1 days, but I'm definitely a huge GT-R fan, and more fond of the car after this day. I have pictures I will edit this post with when I transfer them from my old phone.

dont worry Im going to make a big thread in the members ride section is less than a month comparing the two so look out for that. Cant go into too much detail as I dont even know it all my self but Nissan is making a pretty big deal out of the delivery of the car since its the #1 car for the US and its celebrating their 30 years of NISMO. So I Think there is gonna be some really neat things tied that im gonna be sharing with everyone shortly

I also believe sport hards is a realistic representation of the real car based on a few lap times, my 7:16.xxx is one of them, no oil change on sport hards. Also I can't wait till they dyno the car to find out what it really has, I bet the car really has some where between 615hp to 625hp.

Just noticed I double posted, sorry about that mods.:scared:

Last edited:
You should make a dedicated thread on the Nismo GT-R, you have quite a bit of info and since you will be driving the real thing you have insider info. I think the thread will stay as long as it doesn't turn into a battle over Nurb times.

This thread is too much about the wait, possibility, etc I think.

Pointing at my SiG if you want to have some fun. I also plan on doing a Laguna Secca Time Attack thread soon.

Great, I'm looking forward to that one. 👍 That's my testing and tuning track so needless to say, I love time trialing on it. Keep me posted as to when you start this please, appreciate it. :cheers:

I say so what people was talking about the Nurburgring lap times with the car, that's why it was called a "discussion" thread, meaning anything associated with the car, especially now, an in-game car. @Siren I was also looking forward to talking about/reading about this car.

On another note, I was privileged enough to have a ride in a 2012 GT-R Black Edition, let me explain, not what you think tho. In 2011 I worked for a huge dealership out here in Harford County, Maryland called Jones Junction where they have several dealerships on one huge lot. I detailed cars for Jones and one day I pull up to the garage and see a brand new black GT-R with Spec-V type wheels sitting outside the garage. I was in awe. I went in and my boss, which I know him outside of work, ask me to help him with the detail of the car, he wanted me because I'm good at detailing and he wanted it perfect because it was a showroom car.

So after we got done I was wondering who was going to drive the car down to the showroom at the Nissan dealership on the lot and he said he was, I was like yes, he was the only one who could drive the car, the big heads specifically gave him the key and told him to put this in your pocket, I wonder why, lol.

So we got in and sat there for about fifteen minutes while he let me play with the center computer, I was amazed at all the info that computer had, I was thinking about Kaz was the one who designed this. So we proceeded to take the car to the showroom driving slowly around the lot, I'm looking at my man like do you know what your driving, he could care less though he knows it's something special, all eyes was on us. On this little straight on the lot I said to him all I ask is to give it some gas so I could feel a little bit of that first gear turbo spool up, he did and I was like wow as my back sunk into the seat.

So yea, I'm happy I got to showroom detail and ride in one even if it was just on the parking lot. I have always loved the Skyline since my GT1 days, but I'm definitely a huge GT-R fan, and more fond of the car after this day. I have pictures I will edit this post with when I transfer them from my old phone.
I remember when I got to drive the first gt-r at the nissan dealer ship where I live. I use to test drive cars but not a typical way. Usually when you're going to buy a car you get quote for it then you get to test drive it and make a down payment. But what I use to do was take a quote for the car, test drive it then be like "naaa nevermind I don't want to buy". So that's how I got to drive the gt-r and a porsche 911 turbo. Many other cars that no one ever has ever seen before on the public road where I live.

I have a few questions if that is okay.

Do you know what brand and model tires are going to be equipped and are the tires the same on the N-Attack edition?

The titanium exhaust option, is this only a material difference, keeping the same resonators, catalytic converters, same diameter, design basically all other aspects? So that the difference with certainty is only in weight?

Has the N-Attack edition been dyno'd, or are the figures based on the non N-Attack version? If so are they expecting no gains or just being reserved? Are the provided specs (591hp) on an engine dyno or measured at the wheel?

What are all the differences from the J-Spec to A-Spec?

Tire is a special version of Dunlop Sport Maxx GT Runflat found on the standard GTR. its called a "NR1" it has a a tweaked and more shallow tread pattern. N attack uses the same tire

Titanium exhaust is basically a material difference yes and just a "catback" system. the downpipes and midpipes are off of the standard GTR with all cats intact. the Titanium exhaust is almost if not identical in diameter too to the standard cat back

the N attack and the standard NISMO both feature 600HP/PS ( the GTR power figures are both quoted at the 600 for US Horsepower and Japanese PS) the 591 figure comes from quoted HP from the European market. All the cars have the same power in all markets it just the difference in how its measured but its marketed at 600

The N attack has a different ECU that is supposed allow for more torque under the curve to help it accelerate out of all the Nring turns for the time attack but the maximum HP is still rated at 600

Differences from JDM Spec and US Spec?

the JDM gets carbon shell recaro seats that save about an additional 20lbs. the JDM car weighs 3791 lbs and our car weighs 3813 without the Ti Exhaust option. NISMO quotes the exhaust to save around 20 lbs if equipped ( N attack is 140lbs less than the standard NISMO)

because of air bag laws in the US the seats in our NISMO are based off the current recaros in the Black Edition just with the NISMO Alcantara inserts. besides the obvious LHD/RHD and little things like sidemarkers and the rear F1 style fog light that is about all that is different

I did 1:39 on CH tires after a few solid laps. With SH tires it should be about 1:32

Last edited:
I love the NISMO I have tried it with a bunch of different tunes and it was always awesome. I just like the looks as mine is all black with red along the bottom

Probably CS. Randy Pobst will be testing it at Laguna Seca one of these days, so we'll be able to find out soon.

It will be in the next day or two. it will probably run a mid to low 1:35 as the non NISMO is about a 1:36

thats more like a sports hard to me. but at the same time the tire on the NISMO is upgraded over the standard GTR so its honestly more like a medium maybe. Its not soft as I easily ran 1:32s on Leguna and thats just not possible in real life for this car

And @MCNAGTROC how does the gt6 sound compare to the real?

its funny because GT gets a lot of flack for the cars sounding like a vacuum cleaner and well the GTR itself sounds like that since the VR engine is so intake focused like a big air pump. so the sound for the GTR in the game actually isnt that bad compared to some of the deeper and more exotic exhaust notes the game fails to replicate

Last edited:
its funny because GT gets a lot of flack for the cars sounding like a vacuum cleaner and well the GTR itself sounds like that since the VR engine is so intake focused like a big air pump. so the sound for the GTR in the game actually isnt that bad compared to some of the deeper and more exotic exhaust notes the game fails to replicate
Thanks for the reply. which is closer? The stock gtr sound or the Nismo?

Thanks for the reply. which is closer? The stock gtr sound or the Nismo?

NISMO doesnt sound any different than the stock GTR all the exhaust components are identical. even with the Ti exhaust equipped its still "almost" identical

only difference I noticed in the NISMO sound wise when I rode in it was at over 5K rpm the turbo whine was a bit louder and a little more high pitched but the exhaust note was pretty much the same. When I get some time with the Ti exhaust on my car I will be able to see if there is any real difference but in the 20 mins I rode in one with some full throttle pulls it seemed about the same to be from inside the car atleast

NISMO doesnt sound any different than the stock GTR all the exhaust components are identical. even with the Ti exhaust equipped its still "almost" identical

only difference I noticed in the NISMO sound wise when I rode in it was at over 5K rpm the turbo whine was a bit louder and a little more high pitched but the exhaust note was pretty much the same. When I get some time with the Ti exhaust on my car I will be able to see if there is any real difference but in the 20 mins I rode in one with some full throttle pulls it seemed about the same to be from inside the car atleast
I meant which gt6 sample sounds closest to the real car, as the Nismo has a different sample to the regular (sorry should have explained it better)

oh I will go back and check. does it actually use a different sample? I hadnt noticed
It's not new to gt, but it is different to the v spec and black edition sample. The '07 has a different sample again, wish they'd stick to one!

It's not new to gt, but it is different to the v spec and black edition sample. The '07 has a different sample again, wish they'd stick to one!
I'm happy someone else noticed this as I thought I was going crazy, I too thought all the GT-Rs had a slightly different sound to them. You have to turn the volume up and listen close, in third person view is best and they have to be all stock, and I agree the Nismo does sound different than the other three. And I also agree that sport hards is good representation of the real cars tires going by a few lap times I ran.

I'm happy someone else noticed this as I thought I was going crazy, I too thought all the GT-Rs had a slightly different sound to them. You have to turn the volume up and listen close, in third person view is best and they have to be all stock, and I agree the Nismo does sound different than the other three. And I also agree that sport hards is good representation of the real cars tires going by a few lap times I ran.
there are 3 really distinct different samples used for the whole gtr road car range:

Sample 1
-spec v
-masked prototype
-black edition

Sample 2
-'07 original

Sample 3
-Nismo

I've heard the Nismo sample before but can't remember what car, regardless I think it's good.

there are 3 really distinct different samples used for the whole gtr road car range:

Sample 1
-spec v
-masked prototype
-black edition

Sample 2
-'07 original

Sample 3
-Nismo

I've heard the Nismo sample before but can't remember what car, regardless I think it's good.
That's weird, because I actually thought the Spec-V sounded different from the Black Edition. Haven't bought or drove the Proto since GT5.

That's weird, because I actually thought the Spec-V sounded different from the Black Edition. Haven't bought or drove the Proto since GT5.
You could be right, ages since I drove the spec v, but I know the black edition and spec v are the most similar pair in the sound department

If the Nismo runs a 1:35 in real life at Laguna, then that would be Comfort Medium, borderline Soft.

Sport tires are overkill for most 4WD. They don't need them since the torque is distributed much more evenly than FR.

The game is NOT an accurate way of measuring real world lap times. Too many variables. A 1:33.6 is the lap record for Laguna Seca in the Viper TA. Many people could beat that in game with a 2013/14 Viper on its 'stock' tires. That doesn't mean you could do it in reality. I think the NISMO may get a great lap if a Nissan factory driver piloted it, but Randy Pobst has his flaws and his strengths. Dont forget that they often fiddle with tire pressures (which they did with the LFA) and could upset the balance of the handling. So even real life times are variable!

The N-Attack has trick fenders with a GTish look to them. I think the fenders and few other bits done in CF make up much of the weight difference.
post-37-0-86567600-1389470940.jpg

Back