Nissan GTR LM Nismo Confirmed for GT Academy Final!!!

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,506 comments
This doesn't surprise me at all. I cannot imagine it making it to GT6 though. Then again, it may arrive in GT6 during Le Mans weekend in June.

It will be wonderful to get it but to truly appreciate it we would need it's rivals from Toyota and Audi to compete against. I'm not mentioning Porsche with the others as it won't happen.

I'm all excited and confused!

Could be in for GT7, unless PD jumped on the development train with Nissan early on.
Well, it looks like this interview was back in June at Lemans, so if they were working on it then, I bet it would be close to being finished now.

happy_dance.gif

GT6 for sure. This will be a front engined racer with no wings.

With something else that will blow your socks off. ;)

A subscription to iTunes?

I'd put money on it that it will be the Panoz Esperente GT-1 premium version with Nissan written all over it! Just like they did with the deltathing, because Nissan cant seem to get their own race car ideas

Having seen the car, your assessment is incorrect.

I'd ask how do you know that, but my gut feeling tells me that you're not supposed to tell how anyways.

Also, inb4 GTR haters come in and wreck the thread with unnecessary bashing, it's interesting that they say the car will be in the game. But what GT? GT6? Or GT7? Seeing it now, for a game that's dwindling in terms of interest, would be rather unlikely. But it is possible, seeing it being unveiled in the game at the same time as the real car, ala R35. Guess we'll have to wait and see...

Last edited:
GT6 for sure. This will be a front engined racer with no wings.
I think the silhouette proves otherwise. I'm wondering if Nissan will be permitted under full WEC participation rules to run a full electric lap at the end of a stint like they planned with the ZEOD RC?

By the way we should get the ZEOD RC in GT7 too.

Last edited:
By the way we should get the ZEOD RC in GT7 too.

ZEOD RC would be risky to include due to legal complications surrounding the car's design, hence PD pulling the car (then under Nissan manufacturer banner) and reinstating it in day one patch under DeltaWing manufacturer banner (the Panoz drama having cooled down at that point).

💡

ZEOD RC would be risky to include due to legal complications surrounding the car's design, hence PD pulling the car (then under Nissan manufacturer banner) and reinstating it in day one patch under DeltaWing manufacturer banner (the Panoz drama having cooled down at that point).

💡
Not the Deltawing. The ZEOD RC is straight Nissan so I reckon it is quite possible.

My guess will be that we will get it during the real reveal ( early next month), if not then either during June or GT7 it is. But the later seems unlikely.

Excited about this, it's a bit radical for LMP1's regular formula, watch your back Mazda, Toyota and Nissan are gunning for your crown.

Significant that he mentions GT Academy Graduates getting in 'on merit'.
The game opens the door, and will even let you in but real life racing, and the brutal disciplines required, kicks in after that.

.................!!! Yes please I'll take one.
Even though I'm slightly annoyed by duplicate Skylines in the game, secretly I overworked my R35 Nismo to death; and now a GTR LMP1 car is heading straight into a game I play almost religiously - 👍👍
By the way, I read this is going to be a front-engined; but the silhouette suggests otherwise - surely it wasn't a typo - surely?

.................!!! Yes please I'll take one.
Even though I'm slightly annoyed by duplicate Skylines in the game, secretly I overworked my R35 Nismo to death; and now a GTR LMP1 car is heading straight into a game I play almost religiously - 👍👍
By the way, I read this is going to be a front-engined; but the silhouette suggests otherwise - surely it wasn't a typo - surely?
Pay no attention to the car under the cover.

Back