Nissan GTR LM Nismo Confirmed for GT Academy Final!!!

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,506 comments
..............People say it's ugly. I'd say, wait until it has some livery slapped on it, then call it whatever. Personally, I think all LMPs are like new born babies....(they all look alike, unless you are the proud mum...) :D

I'd just wait to see it in the Official livery. A good make up can make miracles, you know :lol:
Jokes apart, I'm happy that the car it's someway "traditional", considering the FR proportions (see Panoz)
It would have been ridicolous having a Deltawing-alike car with no rear shield and absurd proportions in the LMP1 pack.
Hopin' to see it rock between Audis, Porches and Toyotas this year :cheers:

There are specific dimension guidelines which must be adhered to for the LMP1s. Nissan cannot turn up with a GT-R retrofit with it's new hybrid drivetrain and take part in the class.

Performance is the priority and ultimate performance cannot be achieved without bespoke purpose-built bodywork to reduce drag while affording a balance of downforce.

Yes, the Nissan will be the least attractive 2015 LMP but I am delighted to see something different. The WEC is my favourite series so perhaps I'm biased but seeing top-tier motorsport allowing significant creative freedom, with great balance of performance management, is refreshing nowadays.

I only see the WEC getting stronger in the coming years and if the latest rumours of a Maserati programme, as opposed to Ferrari, bare fruit us fans could find ourselves in another golden age of sports-car racing.

It has the same shape 'intakes' as the R35 Nismo GTR shown here in red-

NISMO-GTR-GT6-3.jpg

My guess is its a brake cooling duct with another aero purpose.

I find it absolutely hilarious all the speculation about having or not having a rear wing. The car has had it from day 1, and was designed to use it...
Think it stems from someone mentioning it not needing one. Can't remember who though.

That image at least resembles something I'd could see, and think "LMP" rather than "WTF".

Next step is obviously video, let's see it in motion and see if the looks get better yet.

Guess they can put that new AES sound method to further testing with the GTR LMP Nismo.

Back