Notice of Console Ban Measures

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 56 comments
Stick to the clubs when online, clubs that are only have members who are known to you / club creator, clean and legit :) That way, you will have much less chance of meeting with a hacker who spoofs console ID when banned.

And this is listed under update details :

Enhanced security to prevent players who have manipulated their save data files from accessing online features of GT6.

It seems like PD also proactively preventing players with edited save files from connecting online, so there should be a check routines in the 1.14 update to allow this to happen.

Last edited:
Modder’s and Hackers in GT6?? i have never seen a single one in gt6. How many times i went to a lobby and found a hacker in gt6? Never, it was always back in gt5.

Modder’s and Hackers in GT6?? i have never seen a single one in gt6. How many times i went to a lobby and found a hacker in gt6? Never, it was always back in gt5.

I have and what's funny is I only recently started playing in online lobbies first thing I come across in a regular lobby is some jerk who once the race started sat at the start line, then like a rocket caught up to the pack and started slamming drivers, the host had no idea until a few minutes into the race as the car was basically teleporting around the track. So just because you haven't encountered them doesn't mean they aren't there. PD going after them means they are prevalent enough to warrant them to hunt them down.

I have and what's funny is I only recently started playing in online lobbies first thing I come across in a regular lobby is some jerk who once the race started sat at the start line, then like a rocket caught up to the pack and started slamming drivers, the host had no idea until a few minutes into the race as the car was basically teleporting around the track. So just because you haven't encountered them doesn't mean they aren't there. PD going after them means they are prevalent enough to warrant them to hunt them down.
Teleporting isn't from hacking, its horrible lag. Happened since the beginning of GT5 with some users/lobbies.

Teleporting isn't from hacking, its horrible lag. Happened since the beginning of GT5 with some users/lobbies.
That wasn't lag, I'm telling you I watched him catch up to me at break neck speed then ram my car. He was doing it to others so the host decided to leave the race to boot him. His car was fast but barely had good grip so he would shoot down the course and off the track at Nur F1 course. No way for him to catch me otherwise, this is GT5 with the tires affecting the PP to allow for that type of car build.

That wasn't lag, I'm telling you I watched him catch up to me at break neck speed then ram my car. He was doing it to others so the host decided to leave the race to boot him. His car was fast but barely had good grip so he would shoot down the course and off the track at Nur F1 course. No way for him to catch me otherwise, this is GT5 with the tires affecting the PP to allow for that type of car build.
There is no hack that allows you to teleport. If you didn't mean teleporting, instantly moving from one place to another, you should be more specific, because teleporting is a telltale sign of lag.

There is no hack that allows you to teleport. If you didn't mean teleporting, instantly moving from one place to another, you should be more specific, because teleporting is a telltale sign of lag.
Sorry but it was an embellishment, I know what lag looks like. The speed his car was moving was absurd because he was more than 10 car lengths behind me and caught up in a flash. I said teleporting because it looked like that because I looked in the rear view and he was just getting out of the sand trap as I was about to get to the esses and before I could enter the first part of the left hander he nailed me catapulting me into the sand trap at immense speed. I'm guessing that his car had well over 1200hp to accelerate and meet me from where he was. My apologies my choice of words was incorrect. But assuredly it was not lag, I've seen loads of lag and I'm not sure lag can do such a thing, he had to have been using a hack as he started driving backwards which was the straw that broke the camels back, the host decided to boot him.

I've see this happen at least once a week, in every game I play online, for who knows how many years. It's lag.

Last edited:
Sorry but it was an embellishment, I know what lag looks like. The speed his car was moving was absurd because he was more than 10 car lengths behind me and caught up in a flash. I said teleporting because it looked like that because I looked in the rear view and he was just getting out of the sand trap as I was about to get to the esses and before I could enter the first part of the left hander he nailed me catapulting me into the sand trap at immense speed. I'm guessing that his car had well over 1200hp to accelerate and meet me from where he was. My apologies my choice of words was incorrect. But assuredly it was not lag, I've seen loads of lag and I'm not sure lag can do such a thing, he had to have been using a hack as he started driving backwards which was the straw that broke the camels back, the host decided to boot him.
If he's teleporting, it's lag. Not even 100,000 hp will make you teleport.

Maybe they modeled the star trek enterprise and scotty is beaming him around , well they modeled space and the moon maybe they slipped it in there :lol:

This means some poor innocent victims out there are about to lose access to their console/GT6 online features when the hackers spend all of 5 minutes stealing someone else's console ID.

Understandable measure from PD, but like last time, it will have no effect at all, it is very easy for the hackers to spoof their console and fool the servers. Meanwhile, other people are going to wonder why they have suddenly been banned.
is this a joke or what?

Think when you banned from this site, clearing cache isnt going to help.
When your console is banned from PSN there's nothing you can do but spoof another ID if you want to get back online again.

Must be a joke, good luck stealing PS3ID codes, & I've not YET heard of one console getting banned from using hacked cars online.

PD has been banning PSN names since last Aplil but the hackers just change PSN names and go back on. The New security features reset hacked cars unless you have CFW so the OFW guys who have been using save games with hacked cars or had a friend hack a car or 2 wont be able to use those cars anymore. The guys with CFW can go on business as usual.

Any hacked cars online now will be indicative of a CFW console & PD might turn the route of COD

When your console is banned from PSN there's nothing you can do but spoof another ID if you want to get back online again.

Or, you could do it the way I do. I buy and refurbish, for resale, old PS3's. When I come across ones that I can't resell due to cosmetic flaws/damage, those are the ones I use to do my thing with. So that way, I am not stealing anyone else's ID nor am I bothering anyone else with what it is I do. You see, not all of us that choose to play the game a little differently are bad evil people. That's why it really pisses me off when I see posts generalizing people like me as some evil cheaters that do nothing but harm the community. Ignorance....its a funny thing sometimes.

@Jimmy Howlett You are misinformed. They are indeed console banning. They are not simply banning names like you suggest, its not that simple. And yes, getting someones console ID is not that hard. You seem misinformed about this whole banning/hacking thing and how it works. I know for a fact about the console banning because one of my friends just had his console banned. Didn't stop him though, within minutes he was back on again and he didn't do it by simply changing his name. Again, that's not how it works.

Last edited:
Except this GT6 ban isnt an PSN ban. But a whole PS3 (IP Adress) (and also associated PSN account) cant access online. Other PSN accounts have to buy/use another PS3 if you want online however.

Lots of misinformation in this thread!

The new anti-mod code added to the update tested 40 different aspects of the car data. All of these were easily removed for CFW users. A few of the settings had extra code to insure that they were reset, interestingly they were not things being publicly used making me believe that PDI does not fully understand what is being done to their game.

Since I do not agree with people ruining other peoples lobbies I only stopped the new code from resetting modified cars rather than stop the tests. Data can still be collected from the tests if PDI chooses to. If players start getting auto banned even when keeping to themselves or from non-race lobbies that will also be removed. Also if they keep getting reported in that type of lobby they can be made unreportable.

As for console ID banning, that only hurts legitimate users. Replacing an ID is a simple matter that takes only seconds, much less time than creating another PSN account. For the purpose of a PDI ban a randomly generated console ID will allow consoles back on. Maybe yours will get randomly picked and you won't be so happy about console ID banning any more.

I have not heard of a single confirmed console ban. When it actually happens blocking the collection of console data will be a trivial thing to do.

So the update has effectively stopped people from using modded saves on non-modded consoles and that's about it. Don't expect anything more than that.

Back