Official GT Blog: "Pit Stop" by Polyphony Digital

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 2,207 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, this video needs to be painstakingly translated by translator-san. Then that challenge made by Dan Greenawalt will need to be considered by Kaz as to whether it is important or highly requested enough and whether he has the spare time away in his busy schedule from game making, racing cars and kicking trees, then passed on to the technical team for analysis. This includes a lot of studying but not limited to water temperatures, amount of ice cubes available, whether they have a satisfactory size and type of device that will contain the water and the placement of the participants. This will also need approval from Sony as it may break their Health and Safety regulations.
Most importantly, it will need to mulled over as to who Kaz will need to challenge and how much he is going to donate to the charity. The conclusion will need to be passed back to Kaz, then on to translator-san for painstaking translation back into English.

This is not something where you could drop what you're doing for 5 minutes and film a quick video, the translations need to be perfect so that they cannot be misinterpreted by the original challenger (Dan Greenawalt), and the technical team will need a lot of time to make sure that they can give Kaz the information accurately.

Though the challenge is supposed to performed within 24 hours, it is more likely we'll be seeing a response around November after everyone has forgotten about it.

Somehow I got the feeling that didn't work very much.

@Johnnypenso well dumping a bucket of water and ice on your head is a lot easier to fulfil in 24h than producing the course maker, community features, better sounds, more tracks, more cars...

Hell if I had money to give to the cause and my biggest competitor challenged me I'd go dump a bucket of ice water on my head as soon as I heard about it...wouldn't want to lose face with the community at large eh? heh

@Johnnypenso well dumping a bucket of water and ice on your head is a lot easier to fulfil in 24h than producing the course maker, community features, better sounds, more tracks, more cars...

Hell if I had money to give to the cause and my biggest competitor challenged me I'd go dump a bucket of ice water on my head as soon as I heard about it...wouldn't want to lose face with the community at large eh? heh
True, but I only referenced "communication",not features.

Yeah I'm with you my comrade from the mother land. My post was slightly in jest. The logic that PD/Kaz/Sony seem to use is that keeping their customers in the dark about the things they promised or announced for release that have wildly missed their release date is completely okay despite the uproar in the community. Yet somehow when some charitable social media challenge is dealt to Kazunori Yamauchi he grabs the AV club and responds immediately.

It is a good cause, it is noble to do charitable work, it would look uncaring and sociopathic to not step up to the challenge when it is really such an easy thing to do. What's ironic is that he's had months now to answer the Q&A forum and we have had all but silence from him or his staff. Not saying that answering to a group or rowdy online forum goers is easy...but it's been 3/4 of a year now since the game was released and still too many questions left unanswered, features left out of the game and still too many people losing trust and hope in the future of what is/was/could be still a great franchise.

The man is doing something to aid and advance a charity cause for motor neurone disease sufferers, and yet people look for a way to have a little dig.

Sad state of affairs.
Right... Kaz does ice bucket challenge, 'fans' complain- "That could have been time spent talking about livery editor!" Kaz cant win, so he does his own thing. Id probably do the same thing.

The man is doing something to aid and advance a charity cause for motor neurone disease sufferers, and yet people look for a way to have a little dig.

Sad state of affairs.

It's like those old people that have nothing better to do than complain about everything
grumpy.gif

I'd say it puts into perspective how important the game really is in the grander scheme of things.

Of course he can respond quicker when he's publicly summoned by his peer in the name of raising awareness and funds for potentially alleviating some of the effects of a terrible degenerative disease.

The comparison may only have been implicit on your part, but let's not even go there at all.

Any new cars are welcome with me. I'm Easy like Sunday Morning.

Something seems up, like September might be a big month. Could be nothing, just a feeling like the next documented & undocumented changes threads will be jamm packed with content.

It might be nothing more than a VGT or 2. I just got this feeling....

@FrzGT are you uninterested in all the Zahara hype?
Hyped but too long for me to keep track on.

I mean there is no new GTP news and also because the forums updates like a snail. Usually i get 10-20 alerts per check. This time i got 1-2. Perhaps because of the college. "Come on kaz update your blog pls."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back