Official GT Blog: "Pit Stop" by Polyphony Digital

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 2,207 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess since they're out of stuff to say about the Nurburging they don't have anything else to say...

I guess since they're out of stuff to say about the Nurburging they don't have anything else to say...

This was always the fear. The blog happened to start up around Nur24 time, which could have been a coincidence. But we've seen more about that race than anything else on the blog.

As much as it was presented as a place for PD to communicate about GT in a less formal manner, it would appear that it was a place for Kaz and his friends to communicate about the Nur24 in a less formal manner. And that's a shame, because while it's nice to have some insight as to what goes on in a racing team at an event like that, it's not really the main thing that Gran Turismo fans are looking for.

Gran Turismo fans want information about Gran Turismo, and if that comes with additional racing related articles then so much the better.

Interesting, they haven't posted a new article since the 24th.

The blog updates might be linked to game updates. Delays in game updates might lead to delays in blog updates.

The header image for the third part of the sound story was uploaded before the first was even published.

I understand that, just not a very effective communication tool.

Frustrating.

I understand that, just not a very effective communication tool.

Frustrating.
Well that depends on what you mean by "effective". It's all about expectations, as is now normal.

I've enjoyed reading it, and I was disappointed for a while that content was slow and not what I was personally after, but obviously the blog isn't being written for me exclusively. I can see it's part of a much bigger plan now, what with the FIA announcement - it's to get motorsport as popular as other sport.

We're already hooked, presumably, so naturally we're not going to get very much out of it. We get little snippets to dissect every now and then, to stimulate debate (which is all that matters to some, it seems) and a bit of imagination, which is always nice (as long as you remember not to project that imagination onto the real world in the form of "expectations").

And the full content of the concept of "motorsport" is not defined by any one person's expectations, either. So much of its heritage and current richness is totally ignored in favour of that which is "fashionable" (which means, that which is being leaned on hard to make money in some way).

Don't worry. The next article will be another N24.

I keep telling you guys the coming articles and no one is seeming to believe me.
Shulze motorsport Nissan GT-R preparation updates for next year's N24
87profesor.gif

Here's a translation (apparently comments aren't translated for some reason)

Tetsua Moriai :

It is a VGT Nissan that have been added in this update, but I felt the sound during deceleration and is very similar to the sound of race cars such as the FIA GT3.
Motor sound of hybrid I just heard the sound gear, but it be to divert well the sound that these
And I think we can become a realistic sound in its own way. But sound fueled accelerator of downshifting is not been reproduced,
I think that it might be approaching a real further be reproduced somehow it.

Also I feel than sound field of the cockpit view and the main view, more of the sound field of the bonnet view, and hear more realistic.
It does not say better to adopt all the sound field of the bonnet view is good, but if accustomed to be able to even 聴点 change as perspective change,
I think that it might be in a good or somewhat in the current sound.

Kaz :

Moriai's, is as you say. Mechanical noise component of the engine is increased, and I Hell (being emitted to the rear) exhaust sound component in the main view, but the relationship integrity of the sound field is not always necessarily effective. Actually I do not do and do not achieve both at a high level of both sound and effective relationship integrity realistic.

Tetsua Moriai :

Thank you for reply.

We recommend you to take the moment, if you try to be able to use even in cockpit view and the main view of the sound field bonnet view. Thus, we believe in going line to say that with respect to force. It might be okay if you use the hood view, but for speedometer and tachometer is hard to see, I do not think it is going to use for only the sound.

I think even GT6 of PS3, that there is a growth allowance of improvement still. Car of the actual sound is also good because I exist. This is where I want to go to improve diligently.

Last edited:
Next article is a GT Academy training one/Kaz's birthday.

So still nothing game related.

Last edited:
Confirmed: Kaz is our god now. BOW DOWN TO HIM LIKE KAZ'S BRILLIANT AND ONLY HUMAN DRAMA SAID SO.

HBD Kaz!!! Heres your prize you always wanted:
gt2020-nissan-jpeg.198998

Wheres his sweetheart a.k.a Translator-san?
That is one sick looking 2020VGT

Another GT Academy article is next.

I'm honestly more surprised when it's actually something about the game anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back