Official GT Blog: "Pit Stop" by Polyphony Digital

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 2,207 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mention of Suzuka West is a little vague. They're not actually saying it's now playable as it's own track again, just that section of the track has been resurfaced. I wonder.

The mention of Suzuka West is a little vague. They're not actually saying it's now playable as it's own track again, just that section of the track has been resurfaced. I wonder.
They are saying "Newly resurfaced West COURSE", not section or part. I hope they knew which words must use... But, I'll keep myself cool & calm :D

They are saying "Newly resurfaced West COURSE", not section or part. I hope they knew which words must use... But, I'll keep myself cool & calm :D

Yeah, I'm hoping for it too, but since they've announced the rest of the changes, you'd think they might make a bigger deal of it if it was coming to the game. I guess we'll find out in anything between 24 hours and 6 weeks!

The original lights look better than PDs'. The PD lights when on look like a lighter tone to the off one on the opposite side. Rather than actual lights in there.

Prefer the original BMW one.

http://pitstop.gran-turismo.com/en/article/1005

Roof lights and flashers in the grill will be available on the "Other" section of GT Auto
My, they know that pace cars are used during online events.
To me they are preparing something really big for gt7, the Fia partnership and stuff might be something inherent to a flag system, pace car functions that are going to be implemented in GT7, i'm starting to think that GT6 is just a big fat demo of what will come from GT7; constantly updating standard cars, tracks and functions.
As for now, GT6 was and is a good investiment imho, let's see what the future updates have to bring to us.

Like the Suzuka images, maybe these are not the finished product and the light bar looks more realistic? Either way, pitstop has been updated 4 times(?) in November alone!

So they were working on roof lights before the M-performance addition for GT Auto... that should keep some onliners happy.

You can drift gracefully through an urban track as you might have seen in the BMW M235i commercial!
I know this is a bit far fetched but maybe, and this is a huge maybe, we'll get a M235i in the future.

Premium Straws coming in Future Update :D

Seriously though, I'm really pleased with the stuff PD is talking about and showing us... but umm.. when do we get it? I find myself getting more excited about the idea of playing Gran Turismo these days, than I actually am about playing Gran Turismo. New stuff helps it stay fresh, and I wish PD would do "little and often" for updates, rather than leaving it longer - and then not quite meeting peoples expectations.

But as Trustjab says, all these updates to the blog are welcome!

This is the way I expected them to use the blog when it started. It took a few months, but they got there in the end, I suppose.
You didn't expect them to answer any of our "Ask Kaz" questions on the blog but instead flood the blog with marketing and advertising?:lol:

I know this is a bit far fetched but maybe, and this is a huge maybe, we'll get a M235i in the future.
Still waiting since december

gt6_bm10.jpg

You didn't expect them to answer any of our "Ask Kaz" questions on the blog but instead flood the blog with marketing and advertising?:lol:

More or less, yeah.

I expected them to answer a few more questions than they have, but I never really expected then to be able to keep it up long term. Especially not if Kaz was doing the answering personally. That was never going to work out.

I would have expected it to evolve into a sort of hybrid behind the scenes type blog + announcement soapbox, somewhat similar to the bloggy part of the WoW front page. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/?-

Random feature advertisements, game articles, and patch/hotfix notes. Basic information for people interested in the game.

They're getting closer. It's still not what it should be, but I still don't think they have a community manager.

More or less, yeah.

I expected them to answer a few more questions than they have, but I never really expected then to be able to keep it up long term. Especially not if Kaz was doing the answering personally. That was never going to work out.

I would have expected it to evolve into a sort of hybrid behind the scenes type blog + announcement soapbox, somewhat similar to the bloggy part of the WoW front page. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/?-

Random feature advertisements, game articles, and patch/hotfix notes. Basic information for people interested in the game.

They're getting closer. It's still not what it should be, but I still don't think they have a community manager.
I'm just sad my course maker question never got an answer on the PitStop blog. :(

I'm just sad my course maker question never got an answer on the PitStop blog. :(

I'll be surprised if they answer any questions about the course maker with anything other than "the PS3 was very difficult to develop for".

It's a shame, because it's probably the most interesting thing they've done in years, possibly in the history of Gran Turismo. They could write pages and pages on the story of how the idea came to be, what they envisioned and the troubles that they faced and fans would lap it up, even before it came out.

VGT could be like that too. Sit down with the designer(s) of the VGT, get a couple of beers in them, tell them to cut the corporate bollocks and just talk to them about making cars. That would be cool. Instead the information we get has this horrible car show/marketing session vibe, and all the information seems to be about pushing the company brand and image.

Hmm. Subaru VGT car coming in update v1.14. Meaning the next update is not the big coveted v2.0.

If I was negative, I'd say all we'll get is a track that was there before, with an additional variation that we've seen before, a car that was already in the game, and one that doesn't exist.

If I was positive, it's good to get time change at Suzuka, because the lighting always seemed too bright, an additional variation is always good, and tuning options for the M4 are always welcome, and the VGT-project is fascinating as a collaboration as such.

I go back and forth between the two views more than once per day.

It's good that they're using the blog to communicate some of the ongoing developments of the new GT6 versions.

Hmm. Subaru VGT car coming in update v1.14. Meaning the next update is not the big coveted v2.0.

I'm not sure anyone actually knows that there is going to be a 2.0, do they? I mean, people are assuming based on the fact that there was one for GT5, and that there are some big things to come. But I'm not sure whether it'll actually happen, unless PD have said something that I haven't heard.

2.0 is just wild speculation based on how GT5 was updated. Of course, 2.0 in GT5 overhauled a massive portion of the gameplay.

I just don't see that happening this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back