Official GTPlanet Quiz of the Week Thread

Terronium-12

For My Mom, Always
United States
Brooklyn, NY
KR_Viper
I Renown I
As you're no doubt aware of by now, this past Friday marked the return of GTPlanet Quizzes in the GTPlanet Weekly Rewind (where you'll find them every week, in addition to this thread!) and things are already off to a terrific start. As the weeks progress you'll notice a influx of questions that are going to test your meddle when it comes to automotive culture and, of course, Gran Turismo on a whole, so if you think you're a know-it-all, why not show what you're made of and participate and show the entire Planet that you know your stuff and you aren't to be trifled with.

So, the rules, every game must be accompanied by some sort of structural basis, otherwise there would be chaos in the streets, Jordan would shut down GTPlanet altogether and begin life anew as J. Hollywood, the internet would cease to exist, and cars will turn to water - you don't want any of that to happen, do you? Of course you don't. This is why the world (and games) are governed by rules. Now you know!

What was I talking about? Right, the rules, those are as follows and apply to all ongoing participants effective February 28th, 2014.

- Each participant will be allowed a maximum of 4 guesses, so use them wisely.
- You're on the internet, a place that encompasses a wealth of knowledge. Use it to your advantage.
- You are not to post your answers in this thread, PM them to me instead​

...We'll come back to those because I've lost just about all trains of thought regarding rule-making for this game. So, let the chaos ensue. You've been warned.

On a more serious note, on with the cataloging which you'll find below!

Last edited:
GTPlanet Quiz of the Week - Questions

Teaser 1 - February 7th, 2014

Q:These two cars, one a Fine Red, the other a glossy orange, are speeding toward the borders in this May 2005 issue of EVO Magazine.

Teaser 2 - February 14th, 2014

Q: Given a 1 lap lead just wasn’t enough for the Mini to take the win against this opponent from Gran Turismo 3, despite having such a Grand advantage.

Bonus: What was the file name used? It must be exact.

Premiere, Week 1 - February 20th, 2014

Q1. A verse at the beginning of chapter three states in order to turn the planet back to one, we must engage and rearrange.

Q2. This championship race in the Amateur League rewarded you with one of your first big breaks in the third chapter, assuming of course it was timed properly and you were able to combat dizziness.

Week 2 - February 28th, 2014

Q1. The second may be the best in more ways than one, but it is also responsible for the only absentee to ever make the cover.

Q2. Whether it be a castle or beautiful islands, there was no scene unfitting for the rebirth of the one that has slain its share of red.

Q3. Originally seen as the modern day equivalent to my brethren that ran the 24 in the 1950′s and 60′s, I was originally intended to sport 4 with the power of 12, but ultimately began life with 2 and the power of 6 – only to relish this power by besting them all, if only for a short time.

Week 3 - March 14th, 2014

Q1. Featured in the second chapter, you’d have to look to the stars to understand the inspiration but one thing is for sure, it may be an American car but it has Italian blood coursing through its veins.

Q2. It may have made its official debut in the sixth iteration, but it’s no stranger to the world of Gran Turismo as it was seen once before.

Q3. 2014 may stand as their best chance yet, the chance to retain their former glory, for at the forefront stands two men – one of whom is responsible for their last championship victory in 2007.

Week 4 - March 21st, 2014

Q1. This monster is infamously known for lifting its nose up at the competition given enough straight line advantage.

Q2. Gran Turismo 2 is one of only two PlayStation titles to feature a “scratch ‘n’ sniff” disc, what smell was recreated when scratched?

Q3. This team is known for possessing the only 100% success rate in the 65-year history of Formula One.

Week 5, March 28th, 2014

Q1. Infiniti Red Bull Racing’s Daniel Ricciardo was disqualified from his second place podium finish at the Australian Grand Prix for what offense?

Q2. Bruce Wayne used the brute of this charging bull to protect Coleman Reese in The Dark Knight.

Q3. Harking back to the past, this concept was powered by four with the might of 778 but was ultimately cancelled.

Q4. The FTO LM Edition/LM Race Car has been featured in every full-length Gran Turismo title to date, albeit with a different shell in nearly every iteration. How many times has the FTO LM’s design changed?

Week 6 - April 4th, 2014

Q1. License test B-3, Basics of Cornering – Front wheel drive, in the third chapter featured this car and required what time across the finish line to gold the event?

Q2. This American concept car served as display piece for the Northstar XV12 engine platform.

Q3. This multiple time Formula One champion is known as “The Professor”.

Q4. Whether purchased or obtained as a prize, vehicles in the second chapter with an initial cost of 2 million credits could be sold back to the dealer for what amount?

Q5. This event in the Mission Hall of the fourth chapter was made more difficult in what region?

Week 7 - April 11th, 2014

Q1. What was the first car to receive the Premium treatment as DLC for Gran Turismo 5 despite already having a Standard model present in the game?

Q2. This fictional racing track first debuted in Gran Turismo, re-appeared in GT3, and hasn’t been seen since.

Last edited:
GTPlanet Quiz of the Week - Answers

Teaser 1 - February 7th, 2014

A: TVR Speed 12 (W112 BHG) and the TVR Sagaris - The Power Frenzy!

Teaser 2 - February 14th, 2014

A: F094/S - mlsmatch (that's not a typo, well, it is, but it's a typo within the game).

Premiere, Week 1 - February 20th, 2014

A1: "Are You Gonna Go My Way" by Lenny Kravitz.

A2: European Championship, Gillet Vertigo.

Week 2 - February 28th, 2014

A1: McLaren F1.

A2: Gran Turismo 4; Ford GT LM Spec II

A3: Jaguar XJ220

Week 3 - March 14th, 2014

A1: Vector M12.

A2: Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 (JGTC).

A3: Scuderia Ferrari; Kimi Raikonnen.

Week 4 - March 21st, 2014

A1: Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak.

A2: A pit lane.

A3: Brawn GP.

Week 5, March 28th, 2014

A1: An illegal fuel-flow sensor.

A2: Lamborghini Murcielago LP640.

A3: Jaguar C-X75.

A4: 3. Its appearance changed in Gran Turismo 1, Gran Turismo 3, and Gran Turismo 4.

Week 6 - April 4th, 2014

Week 7 - April 11th, 2014

Last edited:
No Friggin' Way!

The whole week I've been thinking this thread through. I was waiting a few weeks until I was back at a pc to implement it. The title, rules and premise were almost identical.

I'm having serious disbelief right now! My Jedi powers are strengthening!

@Terronium-12, you have become a vessel for my thoughts!

I'm so excited to play this and it means I don't have to go to any trouble setting it up. :D

Hmm..

Mclaren F1 on the GT2 cover
Ford GT as the GT40 MKIV is the Ferari Killer at Le Mans
Jaguar XJ220 with the promise of an AWD V12 only to become a RWD Turbocharged V6?

Hmmmm, could be a Merc CLK Touring Car? Because this is your first race car in the Sim Mode of GT3.
Q1: SSR11
Q2: Legend Of the Silver Arrow

Last edited:
Not a thorough update, but we're well on the way. Everything else should be updated later on in the evening.

Alright, full update (for the time being) includes separate entries for the questions and answers. There's a high possibility that there won't be a scoreboard anymore which is the entire reason I haven't really replied to any of the answers submitted over the past several weeks - so if you thought I was ignoring you, I wasn't. :P

Last week's quiz will remain unanswered for a few more days to see if anyone wants to try their hand at it, and if not I'll just spoil everything.

Back