Official GTPlanet Weekly Rewind Thread, Part Three: Trilogies, Am I Right?

Thanks to @thehobnob97 for the generous vote :) I'm glad the TMG 86GT CS V3 replica can be enjoyed by many :D

@Terronium-12 : I saw the news about VISION GTi from VW, is it one of the secrets coming next week on the weekly rewind :P

I also just posted this F40, a replica of sort, I enjoyed this car so much - I really like the 1st picture ( rear wheel lift on comfort tire ), hopefully everyone on GTP can do so :

Ferrari F40 '92 ( Real World Setup version ) US Market Version

Special Build Replica with Real World Setup Ferrari F40 '92 US Market version
Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

CAR : Ferrari F40 '92
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

Specs

Horsepower: 503 HP / 510 PS at 7000 RPM
Torque: 455.0 ft-lb at 4000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.9%
Weight: 1286 kg ( lowest dry weight )
Ballast : 174 kg
Ballast Position : 1
Weight Distribution : 42 / 58 as in real life ( dry weight )
Performance Points: 543

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Rosso Corsa

Tuning Parts Installed :
Intake Tuning or Optional High RPM Range Turbo Kit -- see notes for more details.
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - Eibach ERS Springs with Street/Track Tuned Damper and Real World Alignment
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 101 101 - standard - Alternate Ride Height F/R : 63 56 ( lowest ), 115 115 ( high ) and 81 101 ( track lowered)
Spring Rate: 8.25 12.00 - Alternate High Speed Track Oriented Spring Rate F/R : 12.00 12.00
Dampers (Compression): 7 6
Dampers (Extension): 7 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 4
Camber Angle: 0.5 1.8
Toe Angle: 0.33 0.33

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Corrected US Market Ratio Gear Set and Final
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed to 220kmh / 137mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.692
2nd 2.285
3rd 1.636
4th 1.284
5th 0.978
Final Gear : 2.900

LSD -ZF Self Locking LSD with 45% Lock and High Preload
Initial Torque : 40
Acceleration Sensitivity: 27
Braking Sensitivity: 27

Alternate LSD Setup for looser handling :

Initial Torque : 37

or

Initial Torque : 17

Brake Balance:
7/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/5, for ABS 1 7/6 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :
Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
Ferrari F40, the last great Ferrari IMO, no electronics aids, just pure man and machine :)

This car is one of my most favorite ride in GT5 and GT6, and it's well known for it's inaccuracy in terms of stats and stock setup.

I made this special replica build with the main goal of correcting the mistakes and make it handle more like a Ferrari, whatever that means :P

First of all, there are 2 region market for Ferrari F40, Europe and US. Both has distinctive setup from power, weight to gearing.

The US market has heavier dry weight, with added parts and interior + exterior modification to comply with US Federal regulations. To compensate for the added weight, US F40 also has higher power output and closer gearing. This gives US F40 roughly close performance to the EU F40 when both have cats installed ( catalytic converters ). All US F40 do not come with variable ride height system ( lift kit ) when sold, while the EU F40 factory delivered with the lift kit system. Several US F40 have been retrofitted with lift kit :)

This replica is a representation of US F40 with lift kit, EIBACH ERS springs installed and lowest reported corner weight ( dry ).

The power of US F40 from dyno reports of around just below 500HP to 503HP / 510PS with dry weight of 1286kg / 2835 lbs and 42/58 weight distribution.

To achieve the power figure, I decided to use Intake Tuning, this gives higher torque increase while replicating power.
I used it as I prefer stock turbo characteristics, use High RPM Range Turbo Kit instead, if you want lower torque / closer to real life torque at the expense of altered turbo characteristics and set power limiter at 99.4% - 503HP, 438.6 ft-lb.

For suspension, I have used EIBACH ERS springs at 8.25kg/mm front and 12.0kg/mm rear, maintaining spring ratio for the stock F40 spring rate, as the stock value can't be achieved. Damper setup for street and track, with ARB set for balance. Toe and camber has been setup with real world alignment values, based on F355 alignment which from report share similar alignment with F40 - closest information I can get :)

An alternate spring rate at 12kg/mm front and rear also provided, this is more oriented for high speed cornering and sweepers.

The real Ferrari F40 has ZF Self Locking LSD, the closest similar setup that I could find decent info from is also from Ferrari F355, so I used the F355 LSD spec for this build, 45% lock.

Transmission has also been fixed, with correct US F40 ratios and final. Top speed of real F40 in US record at 324kmh/201mph has also been replicated.

The F40 was extensively tuned/tested at Ascari, Tsukuba, Spa, Bathurst, Nordschleife, SSR7, Apricot Hill, Brands Hatch GP and Willow Springs.

I also managed to replicate the real life lap time of F40 at Tsukuba, done on Best Motoring at 1:03.73. The car easily do low 1:03s, while my best was 1:02s on comfort soft :D

Another real life at Suzuka record 2:25.27 in real life can easily be replicated, with my 1st lap at high 2:24s :P, also on comfort soft.

ENJOY :cheers:

Real life vs GT6 Ride Height :

F/R 115mm / 115mm GT6 vs High Setting Lift Kit

View attachment 156919
View attachment 156928

F/R 101mm / 101mm GT6 vs Standard Lowered Setting Lift Kit

View attachment 156921
View attachment 156914

F/R 81mm / 101mm GT6 vs Track Lowered Setting Lift Kit

View attachment 156918
View attachment 156915

View attachment 156931
View attachment 156911

F/R 63mm / 56mm GT6 vs Dropped F40

View attachment 156906
View attachment 156910

@Ridox2JZGTE, Normally I would scold you something fierce for advertising your work for the Rewind, but being it's the Miniature Edition I'll just look the other way. :P

Oh, and, I don't know. Maybe. As if you don't already know by now considering it's on the news page... how late am I in responding to that, huh?

@Monatsende, Yes, that's why I called it the Miniature Edition. :lol:

I'm thinking of adding some stuff tomorrow though to flesh it out just a little more.

Weird coincidence. A week of "BOOM" in GT6 -> Weekly Rewind Miniature Edition. :lol:

I guess you`ll sum it up in a proper way - sooner or later. 👍

GTPlanet Weekly Rewind, Miniature Edition: The Ultimate Force

Welcome to another installment in the Miniature Edition of the Weekly Rewind and right off the bat I feel it's absolutely necessary to address any possible concerns readers may have: this is not a replacement to full-featured article; not by a longshot. The purpose served by the Miniature Edition is to simply keep the Weekly Rewind in circulation when there isn't an officially published version for the week - so I assure you nothing has changed nor will it ever change for the foreseeable future.

The Rewind is here to stay!

Moving forward, just mere hours ago the F1 Grand Prix of Monaco kicked off and it was quite the race - the rivalry between Mercedes drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg has gone into full aggression mode, as neither driver will be eager to give any quarter to their teammate any time soon which should make things extremely interesting for those of us watching. I'd like to consider it the heated rivalry that never happened after the Multi 21 incident last year with Red Bull Racing drivers Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel. Stop yelling at your monitor telling me not to spoil the finish because I wouldn't dare to do such a thing. You should probably apologize to your neighbors, or, if you have one, your pet because I'm fairly certain they're terrified at the moment.

All I'll say before moving on is it was fantastic.

GTPlanet Picture of the Week

ls8oeXi.jpg

This week's featured image, courtesy of @TheCrazySwede, features the illustrious Ferrari LeFerarri looking as majestic as can be.

Have a suggestion for next week’s featured image? Drop me a private message, entitle it “GTPlanet Picture of the Week” and fill it out with your two choices and they’ll be featured in upcoming Rewinds. NOTE: You cannot elect your own work.

First In-Game Look at the 1986 WSR British Formula 3 Car

See the official post here for all the information.

Volkswagen Reveals the GTI Roadster VGT Destined for Gran Turismo 6

tumblr_n61b56IKWD1tbcq6mo1_1280.jpg

While the date the car itself will make its way into the game is currently up in the air, current information points to the possibility of it being released alongside its debut at the Woerthersee Festival on May 28th.

See the official post here for all the information.

GTPlanet Vehicle of the Week

The 2012 model, Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3, which debuted this March, has brought back race victories from across the globe. Entered by NDDP RACING (Nismo) as well as customer racing teams, the GT-3 has outperformed the competition at this year's SUPER GT series (GT 300 class), Super Taikyu (GT3 class), British GT Championship and GT Cup.

Nismo has developed the 2013 Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 using all the valuable data brought back from these races, in addition to the dyno, track tests, and customer feedback, to enhance its competitiveness and performance. Most significant improvements were made to the following crucial points:

- Engine performance & durability
- Aerodynamic performance
- Brake balance
- Suspension setting to suit new aerodynamics package
- Gear ratio to optimize engine output increase

Engine is the biggest contribution to performance enhancement, which includes new camshaft timing. Moving parts of the engine were also reinforced to guarantee durability. Several modifications were made to enhance aerodynamics: canards were added to the front and the front fender louvers were enlarged.

The positioning of the rear wing was optimized. These changes improved aerodynamic balance between front and rear, and increased downforce, which enhanced overall aerodynamic performance.

(Borrowed from Supercars.net)

GTPlanet Tune of the Week

This week's featured tune is yet another crafted replica, recommended by @danbojte and courtesy of @Ridox2JZGTE, and features the 2010 McLaren 12C under the guise of the 12C GT3 racer - welcome to the big league.

"This base GT3 replica has only 500PS and 1240kg, but it's performance is on par with proper GT3 racing cars on similar power.

I provided 3 different sets of camber this time, feel free to try all of them, and pick the one that gives the best feel on the track. Everything from spring rate, damper and ARB has been tuned to work with all 3 camber sets, toe also tailored to suit on each camber setup."

Should you want to try your hand at taming a purebred racing replica, you'll want to stop by the RIDOX Replica Garage and give it a whirl!

Closing Thoughts

I know what you're thinking, and I want the full Rewind back as well and unless another onslaught of news prevents me from doing so, the Weekly Rewind will return next week. There's some Forza news I neglected to cover for reasons you'll see next week (here's to hoping it's a doozy), and don't worry about the Member of the Week not having a space in this week's miniature endeavors as that will be handled in the appropriate thread - yes, there is a new inductee.

I finally picked up a PlayStation 4 and I'm really enjoying it. I've had inFAMOUS Second Son, Knack, and Killzone Shadow Fall in my drawer waiting to be played and I'm not disappointed with anything. Although, admittedly, Shadow Fall was a bit weird at first but I'm past that now; nothing but smooth sailing for the most part. I'm really bummed that there isn't a single racing title available that piques my interest though, and that's my only real problem on the games end of things. All that's left now is the Wii U and I'll be decked out!

Speaking of racing games, SMS have made some fantastic announcements for the upcoming Project CARS as not only will the title feature the Indianapolis 500-Mile Race - an integral part of the game's career mode - but will also feature all the teams and drivers of the 2015 Verizon IndyCar Series season. It doesn't end there as just this past week the Renault Clio IV RS Cup and the community-assisted RUF RGT-8 GT3 race car made their in-game debuts. Be sure to stop by the pCARS photo thread and have a look for yourself.

That about does it for me. Until next week, keep racing!

Photomode images by @The R!CE Guy, @baggist74, @NBDESIGNZ

There's some news that I would imagine many won't be too pleased with, but as of today the Weekly Rewind is no more. Of course I'm none too pleased about the call but these things happen. It's been a fun time and I enjoyed writing it every single week it's been a part of the news flow here and I can only hope to take on something like this again real soon.

It was great fun while it lasted.

There's some news that I would imagine many won't be too pleased with, but as of today the Weekly Rewind is no more. Of course I'm none too pleased about the call but these things happen. It's been a fun time and I enjoyed writing it every single week it's been a part of the news flow here and I can only hope to take on something like this again real soon.

It was great fun while it lasted.

But, but, no, this can't be happening! :(

Well, if this is it for the Rewind, I must say this: It had a great run. You did a splendid job on it and everyone would like forward to it each week. Great work T. 👍

What week number was the last Rewind?

But, but, no, this can't be happening! :(

Well, if this is it for the Rewind, I must say this: It had a great run. You did a splendid job on it and everyone would like forward to it each week. Great work T. 👍

What week number was the last Rewind?

Last Rewind was on the 9th of this month, I believe.

Is there a reason why?

Interest has steadily waned over the past few months.

I don't think interest has waned regarding the rewind T-12; rather, I think interest in GT has waned because of GT6. Great work on the rewind and your dedication/contribution to this site. 👍

Oh, don't be mistaken, that's my thoughts and I suspect Jordan's as well. I appreciate the kinds words (and even that thread asking about the Rewind that's floating around in the GT6 forum), and I absolutely should clarify: the Rewind isn't permanently benched, it's more of an indefinite hiatus.

Will it return? Yes. When? I don't know.

Oh, don't be mistaken, that's my thoughts and I suspect Jordan's as well. I appreciate the kinds words (and even that thread asking about the Rewind that's floating around in the GT6 forum), and I absolutely should clarify: the Rewind isn't permanently benched, it's more of an indefinite hiatus.

Will it return? Yes. When? I don't know.
I hope it will return soon.👍:gtpflag:I miss reading it every Friday/end of the week.

GTPlanet Weekly Rewind, Miniature Edition: Until We Meet Again

So we're going to address that colossal elephant sitting on my living room couch right now; the question many of you have asked or are still wondering: "T, what happened to the Rewind? I haven't seen it in forever!"

The Rewind is on indefinite hiatus, and before you clutch your chest and yell to the heavens alerting everyone and everything of your discontent, this does not mean the Rewind is never coming back. It will come back. I guarantee you that, and I am being 100% sincere - I guarantee you the Weekly Rewind will return sooner rather than later. How much sooner I can't say at this particular point in time because I honestly don't know. Rest assured that if you enjoyed spending your free time indulging yourself in the goings-on of the wonderful community here and my usual rantings of... whatever it is I'm ranting about or waxing poetical, all I ask is that you remain patient for just a little while longer. Besides, look, you're reading the Rewind right now!

See? I told you it'd be back sooner rather than later. This may be a special one-off or I may very well continue this "black market" Rewind until the official channel is restored, but whatever happens just know that I've seen all the threads, all the messages, and I want to thank each and every one of you for that.

Having said all of that you might still be wondering "why?", as in what the ultimate cause of its hiatus comes down to and it's really as simple as declining interest. Not in the Rewind itself, but in Gran Turismo 6. This is a bit of a muddy situation I might be getting myself into, but over the weeks before the Rewind fell off the track limits the number of unique viewers were dwindling fast and the decision was made to essentially contribute those resources elsewhere. It wouldn't have been fair to me and it wouldn't have been fair to you. It's a harsh reality but if you have a close look at the environment around you (Stop looking outside of your window, weirdo. Not that environment!) you'll notice that things aren't as... vibrant as they once were.

View attachment 279771

The newest Vision GT concept vehicle comes to us from Mazda and is an homage to the legendary 787B. Honestly, in my opinion, it's like Mazda thought to themselves "How can we make the 787B extreme?" and then proceeded to combine the 787B (or the MRX-01 depending on your viewpoint) and the Lola B08/80 and called it a fantastic day.

This image comes to us courtesy of @zzzzzzzzz and features the fantastic-looking and fantastic-sounding Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo.

Ford-GT.jpg

I first heard about it in a video from one of my favorite Youtuber's and instantly thought to myself "Why would Ford resurrect the name again after such a short span of time?" and I almost immediately passed it off as nothing but hype for another new platform that was... misconstrued as such along the way. I then hear about it again for the next several days and I express my concerns on the matter to a friend of mine.

Present day. I'm greeted by this picture of this radical car clad in blue. Welcome Ford's new GT. Before you heat up too much, you should know that the car will not go into production (and race) until 2016, whereby it will be given a bit more of a modern touch. I do hope that rear end (and the doors, sweet jesus, those doors!) remains.

Why the sudden change of tone you ask? Quite simply it's everything I never thought of it possibly being. All with the benefits of an EcoBoost twin turbocharged V6. Don't be so quick to judge:

And don't even get me started on the Mustang GT350R. I may have incentive for an installment next week after all...

GTPlanet Tune of the Week

View attachment 235587

This week's featured tune (It's been far too long since I've said that), courtesy of @Ridox2JZGTE is crafted to replicate the Andy Pilgrim's world record lap at Willow Springs International Raceway in the C5 Z06 and is almost entirely bone-stock.

"The C5 Z06 was tested and tuned at Tsukuba, Silverstone GP, Willow Springs ( Big Willow and Streets ), Red Bull Ring and Laguna Seca. The main aim in this replica is to replicate the lap time at Big Willow that was done on stock factory tire - Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar. This is comfort medium in GT6. The lap time was 1:30.6s on 4th lap by the legendary Corvette Race Driver, Andy Pilgrim. He also fitted Goodyear’s DOT-approved “S” compound version of the F1 and posted 1:28.3s on 3rd hotlap ( feel free to try replicate the time using comfort soft ).

The real life race car driver of the C5-R Vette ( Andy Pilgrim ) pulled the magical lap on stock Z06 C5 on 4th lap with OEM Eagle F1 tire to prove his point to a motorcycle magazine that pitted the Z06 C5 against Suzuki GXR1000 - both were tested by Kevin Schwantz - a main feature article of the mag. The test run were heavily biased in favor of the bike and the Z06 C5 was driven with TC Competitive Mode enabled. The magical lap was close to 4 second quicker than the Schwantz manage to pull off. I managed to replicate the magic lap with the replica I think I had some slow section ( 2 corners were hairy ) that could shaved another tenths or two at the very least."

Should you want to try your hand at this beast of a replica you'll definitely want to stop by the Clueless, over the Hill Outlaws thread and give it a try.

Closing Thoughts

Some of you knew this was coming as you're very aware of a certain addiction that I have, and that addiction is to Destiny. I personally don't understand why it has such a hold on me - there's very little content, it's grossly repetitious, the RNG-based loot system (random number generation for those of you that don't know) is incredibly infuriating, but there's just something there. Something that I cannot quantify.

The Dark Below was the most recent piece of content to be added to the game this past December and brought with it new story missions, new quests, new exotic weapons and armor pieces, and above all else a new raid. The next piece of expansion content, House of Wolves is supposedly due on March 10 but that hasn't been officially confirmed by Bungie as of yet. That's enough Destiny talk. For now.

What happens now? As I said, I may very well continue to write up miniature installments of the Rewind until the official channel is replenished on the front page, but don't expect to see these on a weekly basis. You wouldn't want to grow tired of the Rewind would you? Oh, you have another question? Gracious, you're nosy. What is it now? Oh, the Member of the Week? You won't have to wait anywhere near as long for that to return, I promise.

Don't get too hung up on the mini's title either. Yes, I was intending this to be the formal goodbye I never had the opportunity to write up but as I began going through the usual motions it all just felt right again, like I had never stopped doing any of this.

That's where I'm going to end things. I'm just about to log in to Destiny. If you don't hear from me for a while, send for help. Please.

Until next time, keep racing!

Driveclub Photomode image by @Spark_GTP.

Last edited:
New Ford GT :eek: Hope it will be in the next GT or maybe the next GT6 update :lol: It's great to read the Weekly Rewind 👍 I hope we won't have to wait long for the next one :D PD, you better release Spec 2 soon, so we have more vibrant forums :sly:

Still can't believe it's been more than 6 months ...

Great to see a new mini update from you man, even if they come few and far between. I know what you mean about Destiny, it's the one game I can't stop playing despite all it's glaring flaws. It's the main reason I haven't been very active on GTPlanet/Photomode in general.

Also I'm loving the look of the new Ford GT! :drool:

Since I haven't written this week (next week, perhaps) I was thinking of doing another stream thingy today.

I could show off my elite driving skillz in Driveclub, play some Destiny (of course) and you all can pester me with questions that would otherwise make me slam my head into a bed of nails. :P

GTPlanet Weekly Rewind, Miniature Edition: A Life Exotic

Toyota_FT86_Race_3.jpg

Hi, @Mattpro

Another installment is here to compliment your presence and provide me with the much needed portal to get my creative juices flowing; juices fueled by Gatorade, the letter H, and of course Knight Rider. You thought I was going to say Destiny didn't you? Jokes on you, I don't even play that game anymore*.
*That is 100% false and you should not believe it.

It's already February and things are just moving way too quickly for my liking. If time could just slow down a bit - just a bit - that would be fantastic. I know it's only the first week of February and it's still very early in this new year but doesn't it feel like things are just, I don't know, happening a bit too quickly? No matter, there's no need to turn this week's Rewind into a philosophical discussion on the displacement of time; no one wants to think that hard on a weekend, not even rocket scientists. They need a vacation every now and again as well wouldn't you agree?

In a little over a month the 2015 Formula One season begins and I, just as every year prior, am incredibly excited. Honda is coming back as an engine supplier, Fernando Alonso is back with McLaren (say what?), Sebastian Vettel has moved up to Ferrari (I sense a second coming of Michael Schumacher prophecy afoot), and Nico Rosberg is more fueled than ever to better himself and prove to everyone that he has what it takes to be a champion. Having said all of that I am of the firm opinion that the biggest threat of this year could possibly be Daniel Ricciardo.

Why Ricciardo you ask? He has already proven without doubt (if there was any to begin with) that he can get along with a car that isn't the absolute best, will not buckle under the pressure of having a mutli-championship winning teammate (and will in fact outperform him for the better part of the entire season), and has the most charismatic "never say die" attitude a person could ever have. He's the one you'll always keep an eye on when the race is underway because you'll just never know.

You all know the deal by now with these miniature installments, but for those of you that are perhaps new to this and have no idea what the Rewind itself is I would implore you to consult the original post on the first page and revisit the Rewind in its full glory; you'll even notice how it quickly evolves over time. I just took a quick look through things myself and I have to be honest I really do miss pining out what I was going to bring to the table every single week, pining over what new content, what new community focus I could implement that would make the Rewind one of the most awaited pieces on GTPlanet's news page. In due time, friends. In due time.

Let's get things moving!

Screenshot_gemballa_miragegt_nurburgring_31-1-2015-16-56-1.jpg

I saw this and immediately thought to myself "This has never been in any game before and with how near games are to photorealism I'd be a fool to not use this" and make no mistake, this car still isn't in any game. If I've lost you don't fret because this week's featured image is brought to us by @turk1993 and features the Gemballa Mirage GT vehicle mod in Assetto Corsa.

The Sounds of Driveclub, Part 1 - Jaguar C-X75 Prototype

Yes, you absolutely 100% read that correctly - this is, I believe, the second game (the other being NFS Rivals) to feature the beautiful C-X75. The drill with videos is the same here as it would be on the news page: I do minimal chatting. Enjoy!

You want more Driveclub? Well you'll have to wait for the next miniature installment for Part 2, but in the meantime check out my favorite track from the Driveclub OST - The Club Rules (Kilon Tek Remix 1) courtesy of our very own @Shirrako

Paintable Rear Wings Coming to GT6
foggy night.jpg

Hi, @rallydakar

We can be honest here - this isn't the update any of us were expecting to hear about, nor is it really anything remotely remarkable. Paintable rear wings are coming to Gran Turismo 6 "in a future update" and this news was relayed in a post courtesy of Polyphony's own PitStop blog. If the remarks are to be believed you'll be able to color-match the rear wing to the car's own color or select another color so long as you own the paint chip.

Driveclub, A Game Not Many People Realize Takes Every Step in the Right Direction...

No, this is not a puff piece. This is not a piece where I (and by extension, you) sing the praises of Evolution Studios and the incredible nature of Driveclub. What this is is a piece where I tell you, unequivocally, that Driveclub knows exactly what it is, and that is a racing game. Everything else, whether it be the detailed replays (which still haven't found their way into the game), the superb weather system, or even the fantastic audio engine, are additives. Meaning they add to the experience and make the key goal all the more engaging. Every additive feature, save for the audio engine, could be removed and the game would still have its primary focus. Of course you'd miss those features because they add to the experience, almost exponentially so.

Driveclub doesn't try to turn car lovers into gamers and gamers into car lovers, nor does it try to blur the lines between the physical and virtual by trying its damnedest to be integrated into the racing culture. These are all fantastic things but they will eventually dilute the original thing that made these particular games so successful in the first place.

For those of you scratching your heads thinking to yourselves that this isn't anything remotely new you're absolutely right, this isn't anything new but with the big two franchises seemingly spreading their focus to everything but the racing it is absolutely refreshing to see racing titles focus on what actually matters. I'm all for features that expand the overall experience like a livery editor, track creator, and all of these things but that's all they really do is expand the experience and if that experience isn't the best it could be to begin with these features are only going to be anecdotal at best.

This week we have a video! You know my rules. Enjoy!

Closing Thoughts

There's no featured tune this time around but worry not as it will be included in the next miniature installment. More Destiny talk! Oh, be quiet it's not like I talk about it all the time. Oh, I do? Well... you have a point, but this week was terrific for me and will go no further than that. Since October I've been after one of the most coveted exotics in the game, Gjallahorn, a rocket launcher that not only has tracking rounds but clusters that also track upon detonation of the original shell. I was finally lucky enough to have this drop for me in a raid and much to my own surprise as I wasn't expecting to get anything at all. For those of you that have never played Destiny or haven't heard of Gjallarhorn, have a look (at the original with 300 max ATK, the newer one is 331):

It doesn't make a world of difference until there's a horde after you and you need a quick escape; Wolfpack Rounds will save you just about every single time with no trouble. I was going to continue on about my Vex Mythoclast but I said it would go no further than Gjallarhorn and I'm a man of my word. That will be all from me this time around and with the Formula 1 season drawing closer it's just about time to get super excited. Until the next Rewind, keep on racing!​

View attachment 306128
Hi, @Mattpro

Another installment is here to compliment your presence and provide me with the much needed portal to get my creative juices flowing; juices fueled by Gatorade, the letter H, and of course Knight Rider. You thought I was going to say Destiny didn't you? Jokes on you, I don't even play that game anymore*.

It's already February and things are just moving way too quickly for my liking. If time could just slow down a bit - just a bit - that would be fantastic. I know it's only the first week of February and it's still very early in this new year but doesn't it feel like things are just, I don't know, happening a bit too quickly? No matter, there's no need to turn this week's Rewind into a philosophical discussion on the displacement of time; no one wants to think that hard on a weekend, not even rocket scientists. They need a vacation every now and again as well wouldn't you agree?

In a little over a month the 2015 Formula One season begins and I, just as every year prior, am incredibly excited. Honda is coming back as an engine supplier, Fernando Alonso is back with McLaren (say what?), Sebastian Vettel has moved up to Ferrari (I sense a second coming of Michael Schumacher prophecy afoot), and Nico Rosberg is more fueled than ever to better himself and prove to everyone that he has what it takes to be a champion. Having said all of that I am of the firm opinion that the biggest threat of this year could possibly be Daniel Ricciardo.

Why Ricciardo you ask? He has already proven without doubt (if there was any to begin with) that he can get along with a car that isn't the absolute best, will not buckle under the pressure of having a mutli-championship winning teammate (and will in fact outperform him for the better part of the entire season), and has the most charismatic "never say die" attitude a person could ever have. He's the one you'll always keep an eye on when the race is underway because you'll just never know.

You all know the deal by now with these miniature installments, but for those of you that are perhaps new to this and have no idea what the Rewind itself is I would implore you to consult the original post on the first page and revisit the Rewind in its full glory; you'll even notice how it quickly evolves over time. I just took a quick look through things myself and I have to be honest I really do miss pining out what I was going to bring to the table every single week, pining over what new content, what new community focus I could implement that would make the Rewind one of the most awaited pieces on GTPlanet's news page. In due time, friends. In due time.

Let's get things moving!

View attachment 306129
I saw this and immediately thought to myself "This has never been in any game before and with how near games are to photorealism I'd be a fool to not use this" and make no mistake, this car still isn't in any game. If I've lost you don't fret because this week's featured image is brought to us by @turk1993 and features the Gemballa Mirage GT vehicle mod in Assetto Corsa.

Yes, you absolutely 100% read that correctly - this is, I believe, the second game (the other being NFS Rivals) to feature the beautiful C-X75. The drill with videos is the same here as it would be on the news page: I do minimal chatting. Enjoy!

You want more Driveclub? Well you'll have to wait for the next miniature installment for Part 2, but in the meantime check out my favorite track from the Driveclub OST - The Club Rules (Kilon Tek Remix 1) courtesy of our very own @Shirrako

View attachment 306426
Hi, @rallydakar

We can be honest here - this isn't the update any of us were expecting to hear about, nor is it really anything remotely remarkable. Paintable rear wings are coming to Gran Turismo 6 "in a future update" and this news was relayed in a post courtesy of Polyphony's own PitStop blog. If the remarks are to be believed you'll be able to color-match the rear wing to the car's own color or select another color so long as you own the paint chip.

Driveclub, A Game Not Many People Realize Takes Every Step in the Right Direction...

No, this is not a puff piece. This is not a piece where I (and by extension, you) sing the praises of Evolution Studios and the incredible nature of Driveclub. What this is is a piece where I tell you, unequivocally, that Driveclub knows exactly what it is, and that is a racing game. Everything else, whether it be the detailed replays (which still haven't found their way into the game), the superb weather system, or even the fantastic audio engine, are additives. Meaning they add to the experience and make the key goal all the more engaging. Every additive feature, save for the audio engine, could be removed and the game would still have its primary focus. Of course you'd miss those features because they add to the experience, almost exponentially so.

Driveclub doesn't try to turn car lovers into gamers and gamers into car lovers, nor does it try to blur the lines between the physical and virtual by trying its damnedest to be integrated into the racing culture. These are all fantastic things but they will eventually dilute the original thing that made these particular games so successful in the first place.

For those of you scratching your heads thinking to yourselves that this isn't anything remotely new you're absolutely right, this isn't anything new but with the big two franchises seemingly spreading their focus to everything but the racing it is absolutely refreshing to see racing titles focus on what actually matters. I'm all for features that expand the overall experience like a livery editor, track creator, and all of these things but that's all they really do is expand the experience and if that experience isn't the best it could be to begin with these features are only going to be anecdotal at best.

Closing Thoughts

There's no featured tune this time around but worry not as it will be included in the next miniature installment. More Destiny talk! Oh, be quiet it's not like I talk about it all the time. Oh, I do? Well... you have a point, but this week was terrific for me and will go no further than that. Since October I've been after one of the most coveted exotics in the game, Gjallahorn, a rocket launcher that not only has tracking rounds but clusters that also track upon detonation of the original shell. I was finally lucky enough to have this drop for me in a raid and much to my own surprise as I wasn't expecting to get anything at all. For those of you that have never played Destiny or haven't heard of Gjallarhorn, have a look (at the original with 300 max ATK, the newer one is 331):

It doesn't make a world of difference until there's a horde after you and you need a quick escape; Wolfpack Rounds will save you just about every single time with no trouble. I was going to continue on about my Vex Mythoclast but I said it would go no further than Gjallarhorn and I'm a man of my word. That will be all from me this time around and with the Formula 1 season drawing closer it's just about time to get super excited. Until the next Rewind, keep on racing!​

Thx guys for using my pic ! totally surprised you found it ! It's kind of old ^^ Big thanks to you!

View attachment 306128
Hi, @Mattpro

Let's get things moving!

View attachment 306129

View attachment 306426
Hi, @rallydakar

Closing Thoughts

Nice read :) Can't wait for the new F1 season :cheers: This will be a great year to watch.

The Rewind is on indefinite hiatus, and before you clutch your chest and yell to the heavens alerting everyone and everything of your discontent, this does not mean the Rewind is never coming back. It will come back. I guarantee you that, and I am being 100% sincere - I guarantee you the Weekly Rewind will return sooner rather than later.

And just as I guaranteed, the Weekly Rewind has returned. It may have a new name and a vastly improved formula, there was no fooling those familiar with my weekly ramblings and community celebration - for it was immediately identified as such upon its return. I cannot thank all of you enough for bugging me about this even if you didn't actually tag or message me; if you think I'm not aware of the various comments across the board about the Rewind since its last issue you'd be wrong. :)

So, the official thread has been re-titled but every issue of the Rewind will remain in-tact and won't be going anywhere at all as long as I have something to say about it.

Speaking of having something to say... go read this week's Spotlight!

I know it's late but Happy Easter to all of GTPlanet!
I had made a special egg a few weeks ago to commemorate the holiday and the GT Series in its latest glory.
image.jpg image.jpg
Inscribed under the 6. ©2015 PDI
Gran Turismo 6 had kept the legacy going with style and has now set the stage for the future.
May Gran Turismo 7 be another step up and may the community thrive!

Back