Ok. I'm stuck. Anybody beat Nascar Exteme B-Spec yet?

• Thread starter Johnny.Ly
  • 361 comments
On my first try, i lost out on the championship by about 50pts. On my second try, i just leveled up my driver some more and it was easy. Although, he still came in 5th in Daytona, but 1st on all others.

Hm Daytona is seemingly an issue I cant get my B-spec'er level 23 to even come close and I have tried alot of setups. He can win all the others without much of an issue, or any at all! Anybody got another setup I can try!!? Do you still get the prize car for gold'ing all of them when you dont complete the whole championship? I will continue to grind daytona and look for answers. Serverly annoying tho.

Hm Daytona is seemingly an issue I cant get my B-spec'er level 23 to even come close and I have tried alot of setups. He can win all the others without much of an issue, or any at all! Anybody got another setup I can try!!? Do you still get the prize car for gold'ing all of them when you dont complete the whole championship? I will continue to grind daytona and look for answers. Serverly annoying tho.

No, you must beat the whole championship, but you don't have to be 1st in all the races. Just be the point leader at the end and you will win the prize car.

You can always go back and gold the missing ones, but I won't. I will never touch that series again. :crazy:

Beat the whole championship. Won all but the last one at Daytona. For some reason my BSpec Driver just can't keep his foot off the brakes. Set Brake balance to 0/0 and full downforce and lowered height and stiffer springs. Using my gamestop car which is much more powerful.

6th is the best I can manage, this mode all together is a waste of my time -.-

I had no problems at all, I got all gold on my first try. I did an oil change, maxed the downforce for all tracks, and used a lvl 21 driver.

Hope that helps.

First race - min downforce front and rear. Speed set to 242.
Second race - max downforce. Speed set to 190.
Third race - 3/4 downforce. Speed set to 217.
Fourth race - 1/2 downforce. Speed set to 217.
Last race (patience required) - min downforce. Speed set to 249.

With the last one,my.driver was up and down in the pack and then made a run at the end, won by 0.9 seconds.

Obviously do an oil change before starting the race, and if he doesn't win still finish as they improve their skills and you get xp. I used the same stats for A-spec as well, but tweaked the camber uptown around -6.

^^ Are you joking? ... minimum downforce on race 1 and 5?

It worked for me. The b-spec driver slows for corners so doesn't need or use extra downforce, and the min downforce gives him a faster increase in speed when drafting. When I race I will add a bit of downforce to the oval races as I won't brake for corners.

It worked for me. The b-spec driver slows for corners so doesn't need or use extra downforce, and the min downforce gives him a faster increase in speed when drafting. When I race I will add a bit of downforce to the oval races as I won't brake for corners.
Hm ... okay, it's worth a try I guess ...

i easlily got Gold in Indianapolis, Daytona and High Speed Ring...

i had a really hard time at the low-speed tracks... specially because i was wasting too much of my tyres (Racing Hard)

No, you must beat the whole championship, but you don't have to be 1st in all the races. Just be the point leader at the end and you will win the prize car.

You can always go back and gold the missing ones, but I won't. I will never touch that series again. :crazy:

ive already won the whole championship and got the Prize car for that.. I thought there may be a prize for all bronze..silver.. and gold in the nascar event. Ill still grind theres gotta be a way to win it. tweaking the setup might drive me crazy but ill get there.

Last edited:
I am going to use some of these tips but I wanted to try and clarify what brake bias should do. When you set the bias number to the same number that should be equal bias. So setting the bias to 1/1 should equal the same amount of braking force as 5/5 or even 10/10. I am not saying this doesn't work in the game but setting the bias numbers the same should do very little to Mr.Bspec.

I've been stuck on golding Daytona for the last 4 days. I refuse to do any other races until I conquer this.

4 Drivers (all level 20) and one of them has done nothing but Daytona (0/27!). I've lost every way imaginable. I can spam pace down and I can't even prevent my drivers from taking the lead at some point in the race. Still lose.

The good news is I've gone from LVL22 to LVL26 B-Spec so hopefully I will have less grinding later on.

I got B-spec to gold Indy, HSR and Daytona but only bronze on Grand Valley and Laguna Seca. Just gonna forget about this and come back once I have nothing else to do.

I'm able to beat the first course out of the 5 courses with no problems, but as soon as I start the 2nd course, the boneheaded B-spec driver of mind drives like a 2-year-old: horrible. Any of you guys manage to get a gold for this series?

Yes, Grand Valley was the only one that proved to be a problem. Trick is to tell your driver to slow down for the sections with tight turns or he'll just shred the rear tyres trying to drift around the corners or more often than not spin out. Tell him to increase pace coming into the main straight, through the first section of corners until you get to the hairpin, decrease pace until you get to the next straight where you go through the tunnel at the end, then decrease again until the last corner and get him to go flat out. Ideally get into 4th place after the first lap then follow what I just said, the drivers you're behind will start making mistakes and you'll gradually get overtaking opportunities. I sat behind the leading car for 4 laps before the chance came to get past cleanly.

I've been stuck on golding Daytona for the last 4 days. I refuse to do any other races until I conquer this.

4 Drivers (all level 20) and one of them has done nothing but Daytona (0/27!). I've lost every way imaginable. I can spam pace down and I can't even prevent my drivers from taking the lead at some point in the race. Still lose.

The good news is I've gone from LVL22 to LVL26 B-Spec so hopefully I will have less grinding later on.

I took the lead in this race after 3 laps and just kept telling my driver to increase pace, for 6 or 7 laps different cars had a go one by one and couldn't overtake, by lap 9 or 10 I'd pulled away far enough so they couldn't draft me and kept on going. It took a about 3 or 4 attempts of trying to drive like NASCAR is in real life before I tried the all out approach and it worked.

Ok here's what i did for laguna and speedway
First of all I used exactly emparedado's(thnx:) tune (top speed 320kph)
Remeber, the key to victory is full downforce and close ratio

So, I pushed hard and kept overtaking for the first two laps,while my tyres were still fresh and i got 3rd. I kept my pace in the middle then all i had to do i wait for the opppnent drift show to start and make my moves ;)
It worked for me for both tracks (lvl 21 Driver)

If anyone thinks GT5 AI is great, just put daytona on BSpec and tell me if you still feel the same way. I've never seen anyone go from 6th to 12th to 8th in a span of 4 seconds. My guy will lead for 3 laps with the AI being a good 10-12 cars behind and in less than 10 seconds he'll be 8th, then another 4 seconds he'll be 12th. It's ridiculous.

I won every single B-spec race, besides the nascar ones. For some reason, my bob simply can't seem to win there.

Did anyone manage to win? In that case, how?

I won every single B-spec race, besides the nascar ones. For some reason, my bob simply can't seem to win there.

Did anyone manage to win? In that case, how?

I'm on this one too, just skip the NASCAR Championship and do the the Japanese Championship to rank up your driver then come back to it later like around 23,24.

unfortunately my bob is already 24... wonder if i need even more.

Oh already :ill: , well skip it entirely for a while lol cause i have no clue how well he has to be to beat the other AI, as of right now i have my bob at 22 trying hard to get to 23 to get that X-1 at 35 :drool:.

I am in the middle of that too, best I've done is 2nd, the first 2 is easy, but it's desperately hard to win in the last 3, I will try alter the transmission and suspension to see how it works. you don't have to win all 5 races to win that championship tho.

Weird mine did ok and won enough to get the championship first try through at 22. I just kept spamming em to pace up and overtake.

I must say the prize car felt like an april fools joke though. I thought wow NASCAR finally in GT I bet they got something special as a prize for getting this cup. Couldn't believe I spent all that time goldin' for Zombie Gordon to get the car then winning the races just to get the 2nd car I bought in the game again. At least I didn't buy the Nascar car for 500k.

I am in the middle of that too, best I've done is 2nd, the first 2 is easy, but it's desperately hard to win in the last 3, I will try alter the transmission and suspension to see how it works. you don't have to win all 5 races to win that championship tho.

Weird. Mine only have problem with Grand Valley and Laguna Seca, got 1st on the other 3 with no trouble. I have a 80% and a 50% drivers and they both can only get 3rd at best.

B Spec Nascar my guy won every race, except of course Grand Valley, best he can manage is 3rd. There's some settings floating round on the forums, they help with Nascar.

You think B Spec Nascar is absurd, wait till you get to B Spec Formula GT. It makes the Nascar seem like a piece of cake. I'm into my 4th hour. Currently sitting 5th overall. I can't fathom what Kaz was thinking when he thought up these punishments for us fans.

I have all golds on this event, at Indy and Daytona you can just constantly tell your driver to increase pace and you'll win, High Speed Ring is pretty straightforward too. Grand Valley you have to tell your driver to slow down through the technical section after the tight hairpin or he'll just shred the tyres after 3 laps, increase pace for the short straight and bend through the tunnel, decrease pace for the two tight turns after then increase all the way to the tight hairpin again. Laguna Seca is pretty much the same regarding increasing and decreasing pace for straights and tight corners.

EDIT: Sometimes when you tell your driver to overtake it doesn't work and instead runs up the arse of the car infront and stays there, if that's happening a lot tell him to increase pace instead and he'll overtake properly for some weird reason.

Last edited:
B Spec Nascar my guy won every race, except of course Grand Valley, best he can manage is 3rd. There's some settings floating round on the forums, they help with Nascar.

Have a link handy? or at least the title of the thread? search isn't working now

edit: nevermind, found it :D

Have a link handy? or at least the title of the thread? search isn't working now

edit: nevermind, found it :D

I posted a thread asking for help on Daytona A-Spec entitled Extreme NASCAR event - Daytona (or something similar), a guy who posted on it gives you car settings for NASCAR races.

Latest Posts

Back