Ok. I'm stuck. Anybody beat Nascar Exteme B-Spec yet?

• Thread starter Johnny.Ly
  • 361 comments
HN7
I got B-spec to gold Indy, HSR and Daytona but only bronze on Grand Valley and Laguna Seca. Just gonna forget about this and come back once I have nothing else to do.

I successfully tuned the car for the other tracks (look in the tune section). Daytona I can't seem to pull my head out. I'll try the early lead trick in a couple of days. I've focused on XP grinding recently. LVL35 is the free X1!

I'm thankful I got the 2 Gamestop cars... $1k for a total restoration and they're good to go! That's really helpful at times.

Sorry for not responding quickly, was concentrating on Formula GT. I won the last 3 races and went from 5th to 1st in the championship! :)

dont no if it works 4 nascar but other races at ovel tracks have been won with a lvl0 completely hot bob hes not good enough to brake properly therefore doesnt brake unnecessarily he wont be any good elsewhere tho

Dude trust me, give up. I tried for about 2 full days to win the races after the first one and failed. 2 days just wasted. I would recommend leaving NASCAR and leveling up your bob for another 10-15 levels then giving it another try.

Just finished this w/ bob level 23. I had to sit there and hold his hand through most of the championship and kept pressing that overtake button, in the end had to abandon 2 races because he was stupid and wouldn't get off the brakes but won the championship overall by 10 pts. My driver is fairly hot but he's not at the maximum about 1/10 away from being completely hot and downforce is set to maximum all the time.

Hi guys, i made this setup for daytona and won with it with a big gap.

My b-spec is lvl 22, my driver lvl was 16.

Aerodynamics: Front 29, Rear 50

gear: 370 km/h (229,91 mph)

Differential: 10, 40, 5(last one is for Braking!)

Height: -14 , -14
(the follow ones unter the height, i just post the numbers, don't know the english words for this)
14,4 , 11.9
10 , 10
10 , 10
7 , 7

2.0 , 1.0
0.00 , 0.20

Brakes: 0 , 0

off course before the race oil change. Strategie for the race is easy. Allways give him the advice to push, don't matter how red his motions are.

I#m sure with this setup you will win this race easily.👍:)

B.K
Hi guys, i made this setup for daytona and won with it with a big gap.

My b-spec is lvl 22, my driver lvl was 16.

Aerodynamics: Front 29, Rear 50

gear: 370 km/h (229,91 mph)

Differential: 10, 40, 5(last one is for Braking!)

Height: -14 , -14
(the follow ones unter the height, i just post the numbers, don't know the english words for this)
14,4 , 11.9
10 , 10
10 , 10
7 , 7

2.0 , 1.0
0.00 , 0.20

Brakes: 0 , 0

off course before the race oil change. Strategie for the race is easy. Allways give him the advice to push, don't matter how red his motions are.

I#m sure with this setup you will win this race easily.👍:)

I used this setup and my B-spec driver won by with GAP 03.617s

I just forgot to set a HARD RACE tyre and I went with a SOFT SPORTS 👍:scared:

My driver is lvl. 32 and B-Spec is at 34lvl.

Thanks for the setup

B.K
I'm sure with this setup you will win this race easily.👍:)

Worked for me too! Thanks a bunch.

Wasn't an "easy" win though. Beat them by a bumper at most. Last place on lap 8. Back straight lead at lap 17 (6 seconds?). By a frogs hair at the end of 20.

I think GT5 didn't want me to win no matter what. Bob was level 26.

If anyone thinks GT5 AI is great, just put daytona on BSpec and tell me if you still feel the same way. I've never seen anyone go from 6th to 12th to 8th in a span of 4 seconds. My guy will lead for 3 laps with the AI being a good 10-12 cars behind and in less than 10 seconds he'll be 8th, then another 4 seconds he'll be 12th. It's ridiculous.

It sounds like you're pushing him too hard and he's running out of physical strength at the end.

Worked for me too! Thanks a bunch.

Wasn't an "easy" win though. Beat them by a bumper at most. Last place on lap 8. Back straight lead at lap 17 (6 seconds?). By a frogs hair at the end of 20.

I think GT5 didn't want me to win no matter what. Bob was level 26.

It's kinda weird.

coz I lost yesterday the championship even winning daytona, I have to drive again, but this time with another driver which was lvl18(yesterday winning with lvl16), and I lost daytona, finishing on second place, the setup was the one i posted above.

So there are 2 reasons i think.

The one is, it's sometimes a fortuity. It maybe depends on how the K.I. react, coz it changes much when the K.I. overtakes you outside, so your b-spec moron drives slower, instead of leaning on them.

I recognized that my b-spec driver overtakes outside the most drivers.

The second one is, does maybe play a role how fit/unfit the driver is before the race? I mean not the mental thing, before the race there are arows showing how fit is he. The driver i lost with had an arrow showing down, the driver i yesterday won had an arrow show up.

So I don't know if this is really change something on the speed or it's just a fortuity.

However, I yesterday lose it at laguna in the last round.👎 Pushing to much, and fly away at the vendoor islands into the sand. But next time i will beat it.(maybe)

I won the first 4 yesterday with a level 12 bob, won them in one go.:sly:
Today after school, Daytona.:yuck: [I hate ovals...]

My advice is try it with a low level bob, downside is: tires...

I beat it on the first try. all i had to do was use my best driver that is at level 21 and adjust the down force for each race. max down force for the road course's and the least for the oval's. but my bob did not start to move up till the last few laps in the oval rounds. for the road ones he gained one spot per lap.

On grand valley set bobs traction control to 7. Then he wont slide because the car wont let him. Then he wont wreck his tyres as bad as the rest of the field and hit the front with 2 laps to go and win by miles.

On grand valley set bobs traction control to 7. Then he wont slide because the car wont let him. Then he wont wreck his tyres as bad as the rest of the field and hit the front with 2 laps to go and win by miles.

How do you change the Bspec traction control? I have never seen these options.

aero 40 50
MPH 242
Diff 15 15 15
height +8mm +8mm
springs13.0 10.0
front shocks 6 6
rear shocks 5 5
roll 3 3
camber -3.5 -2.0
toe 0.10 0.30
brakes 6 4

these settings will win the NASCAR events.

Thanks, at least for the first race it works. The 2nd ist still running. Only 9th in 2nd race.

Finally won, thanks.

aero 40 50
MPH 242
Diff 15 15 15
height +8mm +8mm
springs13.0 10.0
front shocks 6 6
rear shocks 5 5
roll 3 3
camber -3.5 -2.0
toe 0.10 0.30
brakes 6 4

these settings will win the NASCAR events.

Last edited:
i dont see this settings anymore and im the last on the line on oval with 3-4s away from leader. there has to something to be done to win the race, right ? helppp!its the last event from the Extreme events.

Seriously I made a couple test on B-spec and you NEED a hot driver. Cool driver will stay in 6th place no matter what. Aggresive drivers will be first after 1 turn and then you just have to pace thhem down.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=141730

These setups easily golded the first 4 races with a little bit of babysitting my driver. Learn where to keep him cool on the twisty tracks, or he'll burn up the tires needing a pit stop.

I used a different setup for Daytona. Mighta come outta that thread. The main thing is that I INCREASED ride height to a positive 10 or so to keep him from bottoming out on the relatively bumpy track. Dropped the brakes to 1 - 0. Softened up the springs & shocks a bit.

Now that I see it above, MrGrado's setup looks like about what I went with.

I think its all about the drivers experience.
I had tried it with my drivers at level 25 , never had a chance, tried again with them at level 36 and won all races very easily without having to do anything to the car.

I think its all about the drivers experience.
I had tried it with my drivers at level 25 , never had a chance, tried again with them at level 36 and won all races very easily without having to do anything to the car.

This. If you want to make it easier on yourself, just com back and do this event when Bob is Level 30+.

person who said formula gt b spec was hard,

its easy!

just buy medium tyres (because the AI race on hard) then pit for new tyres about 3/4* way through each race. If your not already ahead you may lose some places, but with new MEDIUM tyres you will be around 4 secs a lap faster than the AI driving on battered HARD much less grippy tyres.
I used a level 19 driver and he was all kushty.

I was bored though watching the race :/

*on the one really long one just change your tyres when you need fuel.

My driver sucks at NASCAR, he's level 21 which is the level required.
The car has 896 BHP after oil change, 46 BHP more than the AI, and he still manages to go from 1st to 9th on the last lap at Daytona.
Does anyone know where I could get car setup for each race?
I've used the search button and all too.
A link to another thread maybe>
I've seen a thread which answers my question, just can't find it now.

Race 1

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30
Transmission/ Top Speed - 249MPH

Race 2

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1