Ok. I'm stuck. Anybody beat Nascar Exteme B-Spec yet?

• Thread starter Johnny.Ly
  • 361 comments
Firstly, I can't answer your question. I'm not trying to start an argument or anything but from my experience I have never seen Bob even come close to winning a race when he is in a car which is equal to his opponents'. So I myself would love to know how this is done and look forward to help/advice offered (as I'm getting close to this myself with my idiot).

edit: cheers marcandre187. I've bookmarked your post 👍

Firstly, I can't answer your question. I'm not trying to start an argument or anything but from my experience I have never seen Bob even come close to winning a race when he is in a car which is equal to his opponents'. So I myself would love to know how this is done and look forward to help/advice offered (as I'm getting close to this myself with my idiot).

I don't see any hints of an argument even being started.
I will admit that my Bob is an idiot, I hope that he does well in the FGT...
For endurance races, he definitely needs to drive an X1 👍

I know my Bob lost many a NASCAR race and I found that the key to it all was Bob's level. I came back to it when Bob had more experience and he went gold on every race so don't panic if you don't do well to begin with.

I know my Bob lost many a NASCAR race and I found that the key to it all was Bob's level. I came back to it when Bob had more experience and he went gold on every race so don't panic if you don't do well to begin with.

I now have a Toyota 7 from Like The Wind.
My Bob is level 21, what level should I attempt the Historic racing cup race at?

I really don't remember what level my Bob was at for each challenge but I kept running him at races that he would win easily till he was well experienced and he really had no problems.
Even in the 24hr LeMans the Bobs win it using a Minolta but if you want to make sure you win use the X1.

I really don't remember what level my Bob was at for each challenge but I kept running him at races that he would win easily till he was well experienced and he really had no problems.
Even in the 24hr LeMans the Bobs win it using a Minolta but if you want to make sure you win use the X1.

If I left Bob alone in an endurance race, would he automatically pit?

I don't see any hints of an argument even being started

Yeah I didn't mean an argument with you. It's just that I see people championing Bob on here but I've yet to see any evidence to suggest that he [Bob] would be any better a driver than my 8yr old son. Who has learning difficulties. And right hemi-plegia, so probably couldn't even drive a car properly to begin with. Which is my point. :D

Yes Bobs will automatically pit. You can set them to 10% of their strength but I never bother and they will pit when the fuel is low or the tires are gone. They drive fairly well even if their strength and endurance is depleted.

Yeah I didn't mean an argument with you. It's just that I see people championing Bob on here but I've yet to see any evidence to suggest that he [Bob] would be any better a driver than my 8yr old son. Who has learning difficulties. And right hemi-plegia, so probably couldn't even drive a car properly to begin with. Which is my point. :D

Bob has managed to spin my X1 on two different occasions at the last corner of the last lap of the high speed ring.
Just now, he did something that he did when he was level 5.
He span in 4th then just waited for everyone to overtake him berfore getting a move on.
The best thing that Bob has done was overtake on the outside of the last corner on Laguna Seca, but even then he span at the first corner after forgetting to brake.
I also don't understand why he brakes at Daytona, I wish there was some way to remove the brakes...
I think it's fair to say that Bob needs an overpowered car to win 👍

Yes Bobs will automatically pit. You can set them to 10% of their strength but I never bother and they will pit when the fuel is low or the tires are gone. They drive fairly well even if their strength and endurance is depleted.

Sorry for so many questions:

What happens if Bob's Physical and Metal strength have depleted?
Does pit stopping refill the Physical and Mental bars?

Bob has managed to spin my X1 on two different occasions at the last corner of the last lap of the high speed ring.
Just now, he did something that he did when he was level 5.
He span in 4th then just waited for everyone to overtake him berfore getting a move on.
The best thing that Bob has done was overtake on the outside of the last corner on Laguna Seca, but even then he span at the first corner after forgetting to brake.
I also don't understand why he brakes at Daytona, I wish there was some way to remove the brakes...
I think it's fair to say that Bob needs an overpowered car to win 👍

My fool does this regularly. I just quit the race as soon as he does it, out of disgust.
I'm convinced PD programmed him to do stuff like this to make the mode seem more tense/close/exciting than it actually is. And then to make you mare pleased when he actually does win.

"Christ that was close!"

(Sorry to go off NASCAR topic here but....)

I put him in the Euro hot hatch race last night in a TVR Tamora. He came 4th.
I went and done the exact race in said car and was 1st before the first corner, and won the race without actually trying. This is with half the laps Bob is blessed with. I feel compelled to swear.

My fool does this regularly. I just quit the race as soon as he does it, out of disgust.
I'm convinced PD programmed him to do stuff like this to make the mode seem more tense/close/exciting than it actually is. And then to make you mare pleased when he actually does win.

"Christ that was close!"

(Sorry to go off NASCAR topic here but....)

I put him in the Euro hot hatch race last night in a TVR Tamora. He came 4th.
I went and done the exact race in said car and was 1st before the first corner, and won the race without actually trying. This is with half the laps Bob is blessed with. I feel compelled to swear.

Bob has often shown gentleman like qualities when overtaking.
Bob overtakes on the inside at Daytona, and instead of getting back on the throttle like usual on the straights, he lifts off till the guy he overtook, overtakes him back.
Very useless.
Very generous 👍

I once put Bob in a race at Tsukuba, I gave him an FGT against a field of normal road cars.
He got stuck behind 10th the whole race (6 laps) and managed an impressive second last 👎

Sorry for so many questions:

What happens if Bob's Physical and Metal strength have depleted?

Supposedly, he'll start driving a bit "sloppier". No one has been able to measure this. :)

Does pit stopping refill the Physical and Mental bars?

Nope. :(

Just keep him driving, and he'll nut up. My Bob couldn't get halfway through the Tuning Car races before his strength was gone when we started. Last night he did a couple of the FGT races, pitted at Indy when nobody else did, and STILL lapped the entire field, some more than once. And he had more than half his strength and mental strength left at the end, despite me pushing him quite hard to keep the pace up.

Also, he's now done the Grand Valley 300 enduro twice, and has stayed strong throughout.

Just keep him driving, and he'll nut up. My Bob couldn't get halfway through the Tuning Car races before his strength was gone when we started. Last night he did a couple of the FGT races, pitted at Indy when nobody else did, and STILL lapped the entire field, some more than once. And he had more than half his strength and mental strength left at the end, despite me pushing him quite hard to keep the pace up.

Also, he's now done the Grand Valley 300 enduro twice, and has stayed strong throughout.

That's given me some hope 👍

:(
I must be doing something wrong here...My tires are destroyed EVERY race exempt from the oval and when you do Bob's recommended pit...he finishes last. :(

:(
I must be doing something wrong here...My tires are destroyed EVERY race exempt from the oval and when you do Bob's recommended pit...he finishes last. :(

Bob never pitted, even with destroyed tyres.
He was especially worn out at Grand Valley.
Dropped from 2nd to last in one lap.
And then 1st place span out, dammit, I could have taken first if I did Pace Down...

Right, maybe we should preserve tires untill the last few laps?

I don't know but I just finished eating dinner and he managed to go from 12th to some place.
That place got him 40 points in the championship.
Does anybody know what place he came in?

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Bob was leading at lap 3 at the High Speed Ring then three of the AI rammed him into a spin!

IDIOT!
He made it up to 3rd before he span again.
Now his tyres are shot and there's no way of stopping him from pitting.
That's the Championship over then...
STUPID IDIOT.

Aw man :(
This blows...

It's the Championship that's important, other races that have been lost can be re done easily.
From leading the Championship, he now has 140 points, 35 behind 1st.
Bob is 4th.
Very odd seeing as Bob got 2nd at the High Speed Ring last time...

EDIT: Good Bob, now 2nd in Laguna Seca on lap 3. Overtook two cars in one corner! Sometimes, Bob shows flashes of brilliance. But also consistent stupidity.

Last edited:
Back