Online pitstops are completely broken

• Thread starter MrSulu
  • 79 comments
England
Liverpool
MrSulu
More often than not, when entering the pitlane, the fuel/tyre options screen does not pop up, forcing you to have the same tyres again and a default amount of fuel ruining any kind of strategy in longer races.

I was just in a 10 lap race on Suzuka, I realised my fronts softs where not going to last half the race so elected to pit in at the end of lap 4 and switch to mediums for the rest of the race. Unfortunately the game decided I have no choice in the matter, no options, and took it upon itself to give me exactly the same tires again wrecking any race strategy and forcing me to make a 2nd stop later on.

Entry speed has nothing to do with it, as the whole room had the same problem, not just on that particular track, and has been happening since the game was released.

We are wanting to start a weekly championship before new year, but until this issue is resolved that will be impossible since the game is sticking its middle finger up to our attempts at race strategy.

If anyone has any thoughts or a solution it would be most welcome.

Cheers.

Edit: this was in a same car race, so all tyres where available.

I can't believe no other groups of people are having this issue or not experienced this. Some people get the pit options, some don't. It is game breaking strategy wise.

After further testing it also happens in PP races, so the race type makes no difference either.

This is happening over and over again for everyone on all tracks and is incredibly frustrating. :mad:

Hello mrsulu i have been searching the forums for an answer to the same problem but your post is the only one i can find referring to this, i race with a regular group most nights and we really enjoy endurance races but it seems no matter what settings we use types of cars or same car the same problem exists for at least half the field not getting pits options for tyres and fuel, i really hope someone can shed further light on this problem as it is a big issue for us and our gt6 online experience

So I am not the only one having this problem then?

I was on a 15 lap race at Suzuka last night and planned to pit 5th lap and 10th lap. At the end of the 5th lap I had about 25% fuel left and no front tyres so I thought change from RS on both front and back to RM on the front and RS on the back and I could see I don't need a full tank for my second stint. So when I entered the pits, no pit options at all, I got the same tyres (a new set but both RS) and full tank of fuel.

Totally annoyed because it has been happening a lot to me lately I decided to abondon the race and conduct a small experiment before everyone finished the race. I pitted every lap until the end of the race 8 times in total and tried to vary the ways in which I did it. I understand that it may not make a difference because it was within the same race and the issue had already occurred. I went in fast, slow, very slow (below pit speed limit), braking, coasting, accelerating and the same thing happened, no pit options, it stuck the same tyres on and automatically calculated the fuel for me.

In a different race last night, some who never usually got the pit options actually got the options but only a few tyre types could be selected? This also ruined their race.

For me GT5 was all about online racing with the lads, its so annoying that it seems that this has been taken away due to a few glitches/bugs in GT6.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks
Fermentum

i had the same thing happen and found out that you must hold the brakes on. If you don't and you release of the joy stick or trigger or throttle it then acts as if the x or enter command was pushed. This also happens more if the room owner doesn't have a required pit stop set for the race.

I experienced this at the 24 mins Le Mans. It seems that you must be travelling slow enough and hit the trigger point. Second time around I took it real slow into the pits and got my pit dialog.
Also, the gas pedal functions as X. It's a locked trigger - so when the gas is pressed, X doesn't work, however, if you're cruising in, using sensitive gas, you may be sending a stream of X signals which just hit the dialog before you see it - closing it at whatever default values it had.
Needs some research.

Last edited:
This is now ridiculous, when the options actually do come up, the best it offers is sports hard. In BMW GT single car races with tyre options set to unlimited....

Edit: and every other car too.

Last edited:
Pit stops broken is not the word more like shattered to pieces! until this is fixed there is no way we can do any endurance races with any confidence and especially as me and a big group of friends are looking to do an endurance championship, having people getting only comfort tyres to choose from while using racing cars in the pits is an absolute joke

The only pit stop related bug/glitch I encountered online was the one which messes up tyre wear in comparison with the tyres you start your race with... as such whenever me and my frieds went to the pits, the pit menu showed as it would normally..

Just coast into the pits, for me on the DFGT the pedals are effectively an X button so I have to lift off just to access the options.

This one I just find it out when I was running some setup testing in Online room. My lap times drop 0.4s after pitstop.
The only pit stop related bug/glitch I encountered online was the one which messes up tyre wear in comparison with the tyres you start your race with... as such whenever me and my frieds went to the pits, the pit menu showed as it would normally..

I had this problem twice last week when i hosted a 600 pp race on the 24H nurburg. 14 people on the track, im in the lead, saying to myself keep pushing keep pushing, whent to the pits, my car stopped, but there was no pitcrew! It wouldnt let me drive away, had no options , nada nothing, eventually i quited the race as a mad man! Do i have to pay these pitcrew workers with microtransactions or what? ;-)

I had pulldown problem first on Bathurst, then it was on all pitstops, I made reinstall to GT6 and problem was gone, one day everything worked fine, next day comes and now having this problem what people are discussing on this thread, some of tires are able to choose, sometimes only cars original compound, sometimes only few grades lower.
Doesn't matter what tires are allowed by room settings.
Gonna do reinstall again.. PD please do a proper update on next time..waiting for it

This is STILL happening, 4 out of 16 got offered only sports hard tires in a one make race of BRZ GT300 RACE CARS! (with tire options set to unlimited)

Edit: The race after that picture was taken we all got full options again, there is no pattern. It's like pit stop Russian roulette.

1621745_411562712322639_585913055_n.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe that's because you don't bough the tires.

I remember having an menu skip because I had only 1 kind of tires. But the game should have let me choose the fuel so that's a bug....

Maybe that's because you don't bough the tires.

I remember having an menu skip because I had only 1 kind of tires. But the game should have let me choose the fuel so that's a bug....

No.

It was a 1 make race, the car was supplied by the game and tire options set to unlimited which is clearly stated in my post. We all started on racing tires.

Anyway, this has also been tested thoroughly on our own cars too, with the tires deliberately bought. Same thing can happen.

Please read the thread before posting.

We run a one make championship and this happen numerous times, not being able to chose tyres when going for pit stops... Track doesn't mater.
This is really anoying, and i wonder how so few people are reporting this...

No.

It was a 1 make race, the car was supplied by the game and tire options set to unlimited which is clearly stated in my post. We all started on racing tires.

Anyway, this has also been tested thoroughly on our own cars too, with the tires deliberately bought. Same thing can happen.

Please read the thread before posting.
On 1 car races, maybe the game considers the driver got only 1 kind of tire, even if the players set all tires ?
It looks like a basic failed initialisation to me.

On 1 car races, maybe the game considers the driver got only 1 kind of tire, even if the players set all tires ?
It looks like a basic failed initialisation to me.

If that was the case, we started on racing tires, why didn't we get the option of the same tire again?

If that was the case, we started on racing tires, why didn't we get the option of the same tire again?
Same as my case, because of the second bug : the game don't show the menu for pitting on "have only one kind of tire cars". I don't know if this is systematic, but I solved that by buying some tires, and it never happened again (S races)

Same as my case, because of the second bug : the game don't show the menu for pitting on "have only one kind of tire cars". I don't know if this is systematic, but I solved that by buying some tires, and it never happened again (S races)

I can't remember regarding S class races but online is the main concern where you either get:

A: No choices at all
B: limited choices of inappropriate tires
C: Full options

Randomly, not everyone gets the same thing, 5 could get A, 5 get B and 5 get C, all in the same race. Even in 1 make races where you are not responsible for purchasing the tires.

So it is Russian roulette, just hope you dodge the bullet.

This is a problem i have experienced everytime i play online with a group of friends and I can't believe nothing has really been said about it apart from this thread, racing is all about pits stops differing strategies and with this happening all the time it's a complete shambles and it must be well down on the list of things to fix for pd as they must know about it how can they not its so frustrating for me this is the highest priority to be fixed.
Well done mr sulu for creating this thread i really hope it gets the attention and interaction from the gtplanet community it deserves

Same here.
This bug has ruined me 2 organized online events, but i don't understand if there is a logic.

Yesterday afternoon, in a room with some friends, in a race, I tried to make pit stops all the laps, and everything worked;instead, last night with another group of friends, I tried the same thing, and for 8 laps in a row at the pit stop I've never seen the menu.
This makes me think that could be a problem of incompatibility between people.
But I also observed that, when it works, on the same circuit, the menu does not appear always on the same stretch of pit lane.

If a patch does not come out, for now the only thing I can do is withdraw from any organized league, 'cause take 100 second penalty in the race is useless

Back