Online word filter is driving me bonkers!

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by Tommy_861, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Tommy_861

United States Freeport, NY, U
    PSN:Tommy_861

Seriously, I used the stupid controller to type out a whole message with no "naughty" words that I know of and I get ****************

I figured out you can't:

use other players names
    use the word punched, but punch is ok
    thong (don't ask)
    And certain words are ok on their own but combinations of certain words it blocks.

Seriously do they have to filter the experience that bad? Just block the "7 deadly words" and let us talk.
  2. ikarys

Melbourne, Australia
    PSN:ikarys

It really should have been assessed before it got to this point.

Or, as GT5 would say:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  3. jmsbrydon

Sunderland England
    PSN:evored

I was telling someone about the motorbike engine in a Caterham until it turned out motorbike is a *******************
  4. Darktuna

Winter Haven, Fl
    PSN:STVM_DarkTuna

Yes, even the word "engine" is forbidden in the filters dictionary. Long series of numbers without spaces are forbidden as well.
  5. jmsbrydon

Sunderland England
    PSN:evored

Screwed if your trying to tell someone the name of your Lamborghini :p
  6. birksy82

Staffordshire England
    PSN:birksy82

Iv'e not used chat much but I have seen people get around the filters with swearing by putting dot's between each letter. I can't swear on here but it's l.i.k.e. t.h.i.s . Try this for the non swearing words that it blocks :tup:.
  7. ASH32

England Nelson, England
    PSN:GTP_ASH32

This isn't GT5 related, it's the PSN chat that's filtered and it has been complained about before, lots of times infact.
  8. jjaisli

Premium
    United States The Ramapo Mountains
    PSN:jjaisli

You know ******* because ********* but then if ***** ********. Of course that ***** to say *********.

:lol: Trust me, I know the feeling. Especially when you're in a hurry to type something before the race starts. It's ridiculous.
  9. ikarys

Melbourne, Australia

Perhaps it's just chat. I know I can put obscene things into PSN messages and send them to my friends.

I regularly tell my PSN friends they are the biggest monkey feltchers I know. And the real money is, when you put it in the subject it pops up on their screen regardless of what they are doing :)

I know it's not filtered because of some of the messages I receive. They would make your grandmother blush.
  10. ASH32

England Nelson, England

Yes the chat is filtered, messages are not. Also if I got a message like that it wouldn't show up on my screen as I have turned notifications off.:sly:
  11. ikarys

Melbourne, Australia

HAH! I'll be sure not to inform my PSN brethren.

I'll leave it on just for the hilarity :)
  12. dark_ruffo

Madrid
    PSN:DrKrFfXx_

It's stupid to censor the chat. You can curse all you want with a headset.
  13. Tommy_861

LOL I turned off notifications too because I found when they were up there and I'd get a message while racing I'd immediately crash into the nearest wall lol.

Problem is, in a long message sometimes you don't know which word was the one that was blocked!
  14. ASH32

England Nelson, England

I turned them off because I got sick of all the ***** is now online/offline messages. If I could keep them on for messages but off for this I would, but you can't do it, so they are staying off.
  15. curtis_boy

Baltimore/MD/USA
    PSN:curtis_boy

how about buying a headset
  16. Tommy_861

Come on man, this is gtplanet, logic is not allowed!

In all honestly up till now I never had a desire to talk to anyone in online games and would just as soon mute it (especially in some of these games you wonder wtf is wrong with people). But I've actually met a lot of decent people here. So I am considering it at this point because typing with the controller is just too tedious, especially if every other message is going to get *********ed out!
  17. mcfizzle

United States Wisconsin
    PSN:GTP_mcfizzle

The first time I raced online was in SS_1182's lobby.

He asked if I'm on GTPlanet because he saw a post from mcfizzle. I said "yeah, was it the post about ***?" I was confused as it was my first time. Again, " the post about ***?" Now I look bad, like I'm talking about booty:guilty:. It turns out LSD is filtered so I had to type out limited slip differential.:tdown:
  18. OK8

OK8
    Finland Glass Village
    PSN:OK8_

19. Minty

Premium
    United States Pasadena, MD

The funny thing is the LBP2 word censor can be throw off any word simply by adding one extra letter. I was told the GT5 word censor is simply following Sony's rules, but after being able to type some very inappropriate things to my friends in LBP I doubt that's the case.
  20. Well, I think ***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************'.
  21. VBR

VBR
    Premium
    United Kingdom London England
    PSN:VirtualBornRacer

Crazy censor, it drives me mad too. By the way, it does let you type "bollocks", "crap" & a few other words without censoring it though, go figure!

:lol:
  22. Carl the Sloth

Premium

I'm pretty sure Tsukuba, is censored, that is strange indeed.
  23. Tommy_861

LOL yes it is i noticed that too!
  24. jjaisli

Premium
    United States The Ramapo Mountains
    PSN:jjaisli

Have you ever tried using a headset in a room with 15 other people, all talking over each other?
  25. Wolf-M

Premium
    HK
    PSN:BlackWhiteWolf; GTP_DeadlyWolf

I got kicked from a lobby some other day after my innocent message was censored....
  26. zedextreme8177

Maldives Maldives
    PSN:zedextreme8177

27. parabulla

Premium
    Argentina Kingwood, TX, U
    PSN:parabulla

"Fast" is also censored, found that out last night.
  28. The Bman

Premium
    United States Pittsburgh, PA
    PSN:The_Bman24

Why did you type that in the first place? I'm :lol: right now!
  29. Hotdoguk

UK
    PSN:mbhotdog

Pitted is also censored
  30. ghsnu

United States Tucson, AZ
    PSN:spedy7

It also blocks "lolwut".

Damn, meant: the word filter is a l o l w u t thing.
Next Page »