Opening Fully Browsable GT5 TimeTrial Leaderboards & Stats

• Thread starter Milouse
  • 227 comments
France
Paris
Milouse
Milouse
Hi there,
as promised on the GTplanet GT Academy forum last month, i've just finished the big unofficial database of all official Time Trial GT5 leaderboards on mygranturismo.net database.

It introduce 4 main features/sections over official leaderboards:

1. We can browse up to 100 000 first results for each closed event, and apply many filters (for example see rankings of players from a given country with a specific car and no abs). Also, each result are extended to much more info (driving aids, controller, ...) on the board itself.

2. Search by PlayStation ID: enter (exact) PlayStation ID and see all results accross all closed Time Trial (Rank < 100 000) for that player.

3. Browse the Live events leaderboards beyond first 250 places (no filters possible here, sorry) with extended details.

4. See some overall statistics, like most ranked players among Top 500, or most entries by country. I'll probably add more stats in future.

I currently wonder if i must calculate a sort kind of global score for players, or even multiple scores. But that will depends of players opinion on that matter.

As always, feedback will be welcomed! :)

Edit: Many improvements and things added (Drift, Player Levels, Country Global Ranking), see one of my posts below.

Last edited:
This is AMAZING :drool:. This will be very useful to me and other TT enthusiasts. 👍

I've made an important update on the ranking database :
1. Drift trial added.
2. 100 000 rank limit removed. If you posted a time/score once, you'll be listed.
3. Introduction of Levels, two global scores for each player, one for Time Trial, one for Drift Trial. Those scores are based on 1/4 of the total existing events, as only the best relative scores (named "nscore", wich compared to the first player 1000 points) of each player are kept. If a player played less than 1/4 of events, his Level score can drop drastically but an alert is shown on his Level.
4. Top 100 by Country based on Global Score (Level). Country is autodetect based on your browser settings and can be selected.

As an example, and also as congratulations to him, if you follow PR1VATEJ0KER first signature link, you'll see that his current 88.46 Time Trial score worth him the leading place of Irish players (by clicking on his Country on his new player page).

I hope that all this will lead players - even not the best ones like me - to feel more involved in seasonal trial events in order to raise their own Score - so share it

Hi Milouse,

Is it possible to add the special Event on the Scoreboard "GT5 time Trial Statistic" ?
[The special event named : "Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-spec II Nür GT ACADEMY 2012"]

BTW : Je ne t'ai pas répondu mais j'ai bien reçu ton MP. Tu restes, malgré tout, très énigmatique sur la manière que tu utilises pour collecter toutes les données des participants ;-)

I don't answer to you, but i have well receive your MP. You stay, after all, enigmatic about the way you're use to collect all the datas from all players...

Last edited:
Excellent work. 👍

Great to see filters for driving aids: it's encouraging to see how highly I'm ranked amongst those of us not using any driving aids (that is not to say I would be that high if all the top drivers didn't use aids :lol:)

I've spend the day to rewrite the process to calculate global scores to correct a problem that had lead some scores to be selected against better scores (global scores takes better 25% from total events), that why many Time and Drift Levels scores rised after the last global score update that finished a few minutes ago.

What does the "Time Trial Level" mean?
Is it the average nscore/10? (From top 25% of closed events player has finished)

Also, an overall player leaderboard would be cool!

Great work :D

Last edited:
The overall player leaderboard can be accessed by clicking on "Events by PlayStation ID" tap on the left menu. Accessing this same tab after clicking on a Player name on a leaderboard could lead to miss this special first page, that's my fault.

About the Trial Levels, they are calculated like this, as an example:
Nb_of_closed_events = 83 (for the given Trial mode)
Nb_to_consider = CEIL(Nb_of_closed_events / 4) (so 21 here)
TIME LEVEL = SUM( BESTOF(nscores,Nb_to_consider) ) / (10 * Nb_to_consider)

This is so cool... I shared it with some friends and they all wanted some tool tips or a user guide for what the different abbreviations meant etc. Thought I'd share.

again, thanks for all the effort.

Randoloid, could you tell me what abreviations needs clarification ?
(there is a line that should do that on top on each board, but maybe i missed one of them or it is not clear enough).

Great work, its nice to finally be able to see the other drivers besides myself who use a wheel with no aids, no ABS, manual trans, in the TTs stack up. Amazed at how small the number is. LOL, its all relative I guess.

Thanks again!

Great Site. I spent most of Saturday looking at all the statistics.

It adds a whole new dimension for middle ranking payers like myself

Could you possibly explain how the nscore is calculated?
I can see its linked to the % gap but I can't figure out the formula you used.

I was also wondering if you'd considered any other methods. Removing the number of players from the equation is great but a really good top score can drastically lower everybody else&#8217;s.

Once again thanks for the site.

For Drift nscore, it is 1000 * PlayerScore/TopScore , but i think you already figured that out.

Time nscore is 1000 * (TopLap*.3)/(PlayerLap - .7 * TopLap)

I'm not considering changing the way it is calculated, the formula behind scores apply to everyone equally, that the most important ;-)

Last edited:
If this was a phone app, this would be awesome. So much potential here.
Good work!👍

Very good job man... Excellent work.... It's there a way to get the top players by track, weather, car, performance points and horse power from the actual Time Trials in the game, not just the online ones? That would be a lot of fun, and it would expand the GT5's statistics beyond what the developers offer at this time through the game itself. In Prologue was a section for every single track and specific car all time best laps for both levels in Time Trials section. Thanks again for your revolutionary work !!!

Hey, this is awesome! Thanks for setting this up-I'd never seen this before. Maybe now I'll put more time into these events.

Last edited:
For Drift nscore, it is 1000 * PlayerScore/TopScore , but i think you already figured that out.

Time nscore is 1000 * (TopLap*.3)/(PlayerLap - .7 * TopLap)

I'm not considering changing the way it is calculated, the formula behind scores apply to everyone equally, that the most important ;-)

Thanks for posting this. I can now work out a target time to improve my rating.
I see the formula gives half the points when you are 30% over the best time.

I agree that equality for all players is the most important thing, and using the best time makes the process transparent as well as limiting the top score.

Not mentioning that a score relative to player #1 performance has a meaning accross all boards, unlike ranks (some leaderboards have 60,000 players, other +150,000).

I'm considering adding a personal Target Time/score for Live events, but that would only have real sense for player who have already played enough events.

Back