Pamela Anderson's Downforce1

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Hun200kmh, Mar 14, 2012.

1. NotThePrez

United States St.Pete, FL
    PSN:speed157

Don't forget Rahal-Letterman Racing. :)

Also, I assume that the team will be in the GT2-Am class, right?
  2. SuperShouden

Somewhere
    PSN:SuperShouden

Dempsey Racing has won a few races, hasn't it? As has Newman-Haas. And what about Steve McQueen and a bunch of other celebrities that have been successful.
  3. Hun200kmh

Portugal Lisboa
    PSN:GTP_Hun

I hear you daan, but a petrolhead can become a celebrity and then indulge himself with his passion. I respect Paul Newman and Patrick Dempsey as drivers and team owners. I respect Steve McQueen as driver (not sure if he ever had his own team). But this is a bit different, isn't it? The way I see it, Pamela Anderson is as close to those other celebrities as nowadays black&gold "LOTUS" is close to the JPS sponsored team we all loved or at least respected. The current is a "branding" deal, the late was a racing team.
  4. Dennisch

Premium
    Netherlands Hilversum
    PSN:Dennisch

Pam is still hot.
  5. MatskiMonk

United Kingdom UK
    PSN:Matski

I don't see any reason why they shouldn't get the same respect as any other team out there...

.. lets face it, there's lots of teams the are more "serious" and achieve totally f all... Pammy, in my opinion, is a little past it... but heck, if I had her money, I'd have done the same thing years ago...
  6. Justin

Premium
    United States Minnesota

Paul Newman was a celebrity long before racing, he didn't become interested in it until he made "Winning" in 1969.
  7. Alex.

Premium
    England Northamptonshire

Her entire involvement with this is to try and get people talking about her. They are.
  8. nitrorocks

United States Phoenix, AZ
    PSN:nitrorocks

Yeah. I remember Newman raced Can-Am.
  9. SuperShouden

Somewhere
    PSN:SuperShouden

I disagree. She's too old, now...and she supports PETA. Pam Anderson is one of those people that are impossible to read, but you KNOW they're crazy. Every time I see her she has that, "Yes, I'm pretty and I'm going to kill you during commercial break just for fun and people will still think I'm sexy." If you explained how stupid PETA is to her, she'd just smile and laugh and donate another million dollars to them. Why? Because she doesn't really care. I mean, look at the livery on her car? In Forza that's a ten minute livery....thirty minutes at most. And Downforce1? Really? I can see Pam going "You know, like Air Force 1. Hehehe."

Does anyone actually think that Pam Anderson knows ANYTHING about cars? Actually, considering she drives Mercedes with leather seats and probably actually has an Aston Martin, I wouldn't be surprised if she did know a lot more about cars than people thinks she does. But...I still wouldn't want her as a team owner.
  10. F1 fan

Premium
    Scotland Yokohama
    PSN:F1fan1

I too, am disagreeing. It is possible for someone to age gracefully and still be beautiful when they are much older than she is (44). Instead, she's half plastic and covered in makeup. The phrase "Mutton and Lamb" springs to mind here. Good luck to the team, but I have a feeling it will be a short lived partnership when her "racing boys" aren't winning.

If she proves me wrong, then fair play to her.
  11. hawkeye122

United States California
    PSN:gdwest1

Thank you for appropriately contributing to a MOTOR SPORT discussion...

So is it the Vantage or the DB9? If it's the Vantage, is it the same model as the Factory WEC one?
  12. Mac K

Canada Ontario,Canada
    PSN:macospet1

I say good for her, not really a fan of her, but you can't go wrong with an Aston. Best of luck to her and her team.
  13. hawkeye122

United States California

Name a single Aston Martin Endurance win in the past 5 years.
  14. Interesting.
  15. LMSCorvetteGT2

United States Arizona
    PSN:HamiltonMP427

LMP1 2009 in LMS, as well as last year the Muscle Milk car beat the Dyson Mazda at long beach among other wins.

Also the DB9R won Le Mans back in 07 I believe, if I follow the five year time line you asked for.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  16. Hun200kmh

Portugal Lisboa

Le Mans 2008.

Hey RoarofZonda, 'tiffosi' is the plural of 'tiffoso'. And that's my only comment on your enlightening post ...
  17. LMSCorvetteGT2

United States Arizona
    PSN:HamiltonMP427

Forgot about 2008 as well.
  18. Tommi

Premium
    United Kingdom Lincolnshire
    PSN:GTP_Tommi2000

It's an 'old' GT2 Vantage, I think it could be the JMW Motorsport car from 2010.
  19. Mac K

Canada Ontario,Canada
    PSN:macospet1

:lol: there you go Hawkeye.
  20. Tornado

Premium
    Lyons, New York

You see, I get that you loathe Pam Anderson for some reason. And I get that PETA is somehow involved in this hatred. And I also got that you ignored McLaren when he theorized that you were talking just to hear yourself when you copy-pasted your first post into a second one. But I still have to know: I'm at a loss to understand why any of that is relevant to her starting a racing team or why we should care that you seem to think all of that crap; so perhaps you could explain it to us?

Because I'm honestly not seeing the problem, as I'm pretty sure celebrities have financial planners who would advise against pouring money into the pit that auto racing tends to be unless you had a solid plan for success.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  21. Coxis

Mexico GTP_Coxis
    PSN:Coxis

Well, what can I say other than I like her tweets.
  22. Dennisch

Premium
    Netherlands Hilversum
    PSN:Dennisch

:lol:

Ontopic, what is wrong with someone putting his or her money in Motorsport, more money is always good.
  23. Doth1s

Premium
    United States North Carolina
    PSN:Doth1s

Some people get upset because it's a woman.
  24. hawkeye122

United States California

Alright, you got me on that side.

But still, how many wins have BMW and Ferrari had in that time? If i was going to go GT racing, I wouldnt pick the Vantage. That's all I'm saying.
  25. F1 fan

Premium
    Scotland Yokohama
    PSN:F1fan1

It's not because she's a woman. It's because she's Pamela Anderson. I wonder how long it will be before she loses interest.
  26. Rotard12a

Speedway, IN
    PSN:Rotard12a

I don't see why it's any more "laughable" than a disinterested toothpaste manufacturer or caffeinated soft drink company deciding that they can make some money by sponsoring an open wheel race team.

It's not that she's a woman, or that she's Pamela Anderson: It's more that people think because she's a big chested sex icon who made most of her fame and fortune using her body she shouldn't be allowed to venture into other areas without ridicule. Which brings me to the main point:

I'd imagine she'd stay interested as long as her money is still wrapped up in it.

After all, as famous as she is, it's not like she's raking in a lot of cash elsewhere at the moment. Bay Watch DVD royalties and sporadic appearances on international versions of "Dancing with the Stars" probably don't do much to support a Hollywood lifestyle.

(...all of that said, it is still a bit funny :D)
  27. Hun200kmh

Portugal Lisboa

Pamela's back to GT racing! :D

This time with a 458 and the team is no longer called Downforce1, but "Racealliance by Pamela Anderson". Fux's still around though, but this time he won't be driving ...

.... Liuzzi will ?!
  28. Furinkazen

Premium
    United Kingdom Lancashire
    PSN:Furinkazen

They want to do NASCAR :lol:
  29. Hun200kmh

Portugal Lisboa

I suppose that's where Fux will drive, the only Youtube video I could find of him racing was this:

30. A2K78

United States orlando,FL,USA

I thinking the the same thing...

anyhow aside from Letterman and Patrick Dempsey the only other celebrity I know who has been serious about racing about racing is Michael Jordan and his AMA SBK team been doing quite well over the few years.
Next Page »