[PC] DCS 1.5 & 2.0 Open Alpha

Tried to attack some ships tonight, about 4 missiles put a Destroyer on fire, but it didn't sink it. (Shot down the other 2 anti-radar missiles.)

I had two SAM's launched at me when I went in from 20,000ft, but when I went in at 30ft it never even locked, I even lost the contact on the RWR for a bit when I got closer until I pulled up for the attack run.:lol:

Hope some more peole can join up soon, would be fun to fly through canyons to avoid SAM's'n'stuff.

I might be free sometime this week, I'll definitely send you a message if the studying tones down.

Sounds good.👍

Doesn't really pertain to the 25, but this is pretty interesting. Might save someone going up against an A-10.

Also, this is hilarious.

Language warning.

"Those motors were on energy mach 3 to his 🤬, and none of them hit.":lol:

Edit: This is so intense.

Last edited:
Some missions for A-10/F-15 pilots:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...R_NAME=Exorcet&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y

They're single player, but can easily be modified for online. Insurgent Base Attack is a nice beginner friendly mission if you don't mind a bit of ingress flying (but it's also not meant to be too easy, be warned). I'm not playing at the moment (and I had to wipe my hard drive recently), but perhaps when I come back to it I'll look for you online.

For all the North American pilots, there's a server called 314th Mixed Aviation, they fly all Russian aircraft and the couple times I flew with them it was pretty fun. Link to the Teamspeak server on their forum.
http://314thsquadron.enjin.com/

Important note for anyone doing SEAD, especially online.

You may have found that all of your SEAD missiles explode almost right after launch, it has something to do with the missile self destructing from a lack of signal. You have to filter out a certain radar (Don't know what the term is.) by pressing right shift R.

That will filter out some radars before it pings you again, so lock onto the radar signal that is left.

From the DCS site, full article.

"But basically, a low frequency rotating radar, with the latency involved makes the first 2 secs where the ARM is just coming off the rail and about to go for the targeted radar, become over the 2 secs (2secs + latency), and so the ARM is unable to "grab" the signal and explodes.

There's more to it, however. But there's a sure way to attack SAM sites that their SR's become useless. Just kill the TRs once they lock you, filter the SR's out with RShift R and launch on remaining TRs."

Even in single player my 58 exploded, filtered out the SR's and killed the SAM.:D

New update is supposed to greatly increase ECM effectiveness against ground based radars.

It'd make a nice change from them literally doing nothing at all against SAM's.

I first heard of this game from watching DevilDogGamer. Looks pretty intense. Seeing the A10 Warthog startup sequence looks like a major pain if you forgot a step. :lol:

Just started with this.. It's my first flying sim so I have a lot to learn. Having a lot of fun though. :)

13911833984_0a3f5acecd_c.jpg

13911833874_e7dd4e6970_c.jpg

13911833324_0b08d1081e_c.jpg

13888297296_81495a0a09_c.jpg

Bought a joystick this week, got it yesterday. A Thrustmaster T16000m. Have no expierience with any other joysticks so I can't compare but I have absolutely no complaints.

Taking off, flying and landing is all I can do now :D

Always good to see new players!

I want to make the Su-27 and MiG29 my own. Just found a Su-27 cockpit manual in English, though a cockpit layout in English would've been better....... I have some troubles seeing what is what.. Found an avionics dictionary but that's not really helping. Oh well I'll figure it out later or sooner :D

Also, I've seen you could edit the paint. Found a website where you could download these. I've searched for 1 particular, it's from a Polish MiG29UB with that special shield/logo on its back. Couldn't find it, so I have to make it myself. Do you have any experience with this, terminator363?

edit;
Reason why I ask is because the pilot of this MiG made my day. When the airshow was over, some were already leaving. The show was pretty much stolen by a Dutch F16 in special colours, but this guy did a really cool goodbye show;

You can click them for bigger size but please don't share!

Last edited:
TF-51D is now free with the latest update!

Edit:

Ok guys, time to re-learn some controls of the Su-25T cockpit. Update 1.2.8 brought a brand new re-modelled HD 6 DOF Su25T pit and it's gorgeous. New animations and all. :drool: (Mirrors now work properly, new lighting animation, new shadows, all Latin text has been redone in cyrilic, new switches, better water textures, cloud animations, etc.)

Some screenshots:

f0s2t4.jpg

2nhdav5.jpg

fbz6dw.jpg

2dugvuc.jpg

2lj2pe8.jpg

Last edited:
I've got one of that too actually :lol:

Afterwards I stayed on a bit to try and get those smoke pods in my loadout and still couldn't get it. Meh.

I want to make the Su-27 and MiG29 my own. Just found a Su-27 cockpit manual in English, though a cockpit layout in English would've been better....... I have some troubles seeing what is what.. Found an avionics dictionary but that's not really helping. Oh well I'll figure it out later or sooner :D

Also, I've seen you could edit the paint. Found a website where you could download these. I've searched for 1 particular, it's from a Polish MiG29UB with that special shield/logo on its back. Couldn't find it, so I have to make it myself. Do you have any experience with this, terminator363?

Sorry for the uber-late reply I didn't see your post. I'm sorry though I have no idea :(

So how do we get together online?

I'm still a newbie to this so I'm not comfortable with hosting but someone could host a server or we could join a server that's already up. Maybe we can arrange a meet somewhere this week?

Easier just to join a training server.

Teamspeak or Skype would be best for chat.
The one my old squad used to use might still be up.

We'll get all you nuggets tank busting in no time.;)

Back