[PC] DCS 1.5 & 2.0 Open Alpha

On my search I found the same screenshots. I also went through a thread named skin request for the mig-21bis, at the ED forums. They say it's made by Beczl and not Leatherneck. So it has different uv mapping and 3d model.

đź‘Ž

On my search I found the same screenshots. I also went through a thread named skin request for the mig-21bis, at the ED forums. They say it's made by Beczl and not Leatherneck. So it has different uv mapping and 3d model.

đź‘Ž
:( :(

Hopefully someone will get one going.. Also does the nose cone on the MiG 21 not work? It appears to be static all the time.

EDIT: OP Updated!

Last edited:
From VEAO simulations...

"Hey Everyone,

I am sure that most of you have already seen the Mig-21 from our good friends at Leatherneck Studios, its been a great experience getting to know Nick and the team very well over the past couple of years, It was awesome being able to showcase the Mig-21 for many of you at Duxford over the summer and after having a bit of a catch up with Nick I can honestly say that you are all in for some fun and exciting times in the coming months and years.

I can honestly say that with some of the projects that are coming to DCS in the next 12 months the future has never looked so bright for flight simulation.

As always we will continue to keep you up to date with P-40F, Bearcat and our other projects and we have been reliably informed that by the end of the month the cat will be out of the bag from Leatherneck as well.

All the best

Pman"

Plz be the Tomcat... then again there are several planes that could allude to.

From VEAO simulations...

"Hey Everyone,

I am sure that most of you have already seen the Mig-21 from our good friends at Leatherneck Studios, its been a great experience getting to know Nick and the team very well over the past couple of years, It was awesome being able to showcase the Mig-21 for many of you at Duxford over the summer and after having a bit of a catch up with Nick I can honestly say that you are all in for some fun and exciting times in the coming months and years.

I can honestly say that with some of the projects that are coming to DCS in the next 12 months the future has never looked so bright for flight simulation.

As always we will continue to keep you up to date with P-40F, Bearcat and our other projects and we have been reliably informed that by the end of the month the cat will be out of the bag from Leatherneck as well.

All the best

Pman"

Plz be the Tomcat... then again there are several planes that could allude to.

Exciting news :D I hope for Tomcat too. And there is some talks about "duck". Pretty interesting.

Thinking about Duck.

MiG-8 Utka (russian for duck) or the Lun-class Ekranoplane, Nato reporting name "Duck".

F-14D (D for Duck)

C-101 beta coming on January 15th too.

DCS: C-101 will include both the C-101EB and C-101CC models. The C-101EB model is the primary jet trainer and aerobatic display aircraft of the Spanish Air Force, whilst the C-101CC model, with its 7 hard-points and uprated engine, is a versatile light attack aircraft that has seen combat with the Honduras Air Force against drug traffickers. It is also in service with the Jordanian and Chilean air forces.

attachment.php

But first give us damn 2.0!

Yay settling with power!

It's fun in autos though, go up to 2000 feet and shut the fuel off, then try to land it in one piece and start it back up again.:dopey:

I can barely land with engine on :lol: I'll try đź‘Ť

I'm currently practising landing in the su-25t and boy is it hard. The scenario when you're placed on a perfect course to mazdak airport is easy enough. But when you need to align by yourself in other missions it's tough as hell.

It's fun practising though!

I'm currently practising landing in the su-25t and boy is it hard. The scenario when you're placed on a perfect course to mazdak airport is easy enough. But when you need to align by yourself in other missions it's tough as hell.

Literally the best place to practice landing the frog is the runway in the middle of Kutaisi (the tiny one with no ATC).

Literally the best place to practice landing the frog is the runway in the middle of Kutaisi (the tiny one with no ATC).

That's the opposite of what you want, with training you need as much room as you can.
Better to mess up the approach and land halfway down a large runway than to go around on a shorter one and not get practice for the flare.

The easiest way to get right on course is to select return mode and follow it until it switches to landing mode.(Select a RTN that is close so that you don't have to fly 100 miles to land.)

With a fully fueled aircraft I like to be set up in the downwind gear and flaps down at just over 300kmh.
Then bringing it down slowly to about 270 on final, and I like it to be just at 250 as I finish the flare and let it touch down.

If you're just going straight at the airport then get lined up as early as you can.

Which Sukhoi (Su-25 or Su-27) can pull the 90 degree maneuver of death? Or can they both do that?

That's the opposite of what you want, with training you need as much room as you can.
Better to mess up the approach and land halfway down a large runway than to go around on a shorter one and not get practice for the flare.

I have to disagree :lol: landing on that runway is really difficult and you get to miss the building rooftops by a few meters but once you can land there you can land anywhere with the Su-25 - including roads.

...With a fully fueled aircraft...

Just to point out, the rule of them for a fully loaded plane is to not land it. Landing weight a lot of times is less than max load weight and that can explain difficulty with landing.

Also, just for reference the longest runway is at Min Vody.

Which Sukhoi (Su-25 or Su-27) can pull the 90 degree maneuver of death? Or can they both do that?

The 27, the 25 is a ground attack aircraft.

I have to disagree :lol: landing on that runway is really difficult and you get to miss the building rooftops by a few meters but once you can land there you can land anywhere with the Su-25 - including roads.

The problem is you don't want to give a difficult approach to someone who is learning to fly. It just complicates things, once you get the basic landings down then you can transition to more difficult approaches.

Just to point out, the rule of them for a fully loaded plane is to not land it. Landing weight a lot of times is less than max load weight and that can explain difficulty with landing.

Also, just for reference the longest runway is at Min Vody.

You can fuel it to 50 or 75 percent, but with full fuel you can do a lot more landings within a flight. The 25 burns a lot of gas compared to the A-10.

Practicing with 25 percent would be more realistic like you were coming back from a mission, but you can't do a whole lot of landings with that much fuel.

You can fuel it to 50 or 75 percent, but with full fuel you can do a lot more landings within a flight. The 25 burns a lot of gas compared to the A-10.

Practicing with 25 percent would be more realistic like you were coming back from a mission, but you can't do a whole lot of landings with that much fuel.
There is an infinite fuel option in the ME, you can set fuel to 25% and then fuel to infinite and you'll be able to do mission load landing practice forever.

Thanks for the tips guys. I've been doing some practise with quick missions. Just starting and landing over and over again with both the su25 and su26 and I'm happy to say I've improved some. I can actually get them down in one piece most of the time, although it isn't pretty. :D

Currently downloading this to see if it will work on my somewhat low-tier laptop. I have low hopes of it actually running it, but it's free, so why not.

How big is the entire map on DCS? Also, if anyone has information about it, what will the largest map be in DCS 2?

Back