[PC] DCS 1.5 & 2.0 Open Alpha

Just picked up the F-86. Can't wait to check it out once I'm home again.

And I just learned a while ago that my grandfather was an electrician on those when he worked for North American. So now I really can't wait

I was about to pull the trigger on the Huey, but I don't think that I REALLY want it.

I have the KA-50, and even though the Huey is closer to a normal helicopter, I still want to learn about the Flanker.

Plus, I prefer blowing stuff up, but if I had the Huey it would be a lot of low level flying, landing and picking up troops, which does sound like fun...

Only another 7 hours to decide.:lol:

Guys... I love the F-86F. From the moment I first fired up the engine to when I landed (and crashed) I was thoroughly enjoying it. I have no idea what it's like in combat yet but I just really like how it flies. You can easily forget that it's built to shoot at things when playing around with it.

But yeah... that nose wheel steering is a little weird to get used to. What I thought was a slight adjustment at about ~145 knots to keep me down the center of the runway was enough to make me spin off into the grass. lol

I flew the F-15C for the first time last night and it's amazing :eek:. The raw power and thrust is just... wow.

Yeah acceleration is pretty nice. Very stable aircraft too!

Maybe Friday, for who pre ordered it through Veao, the beta of the Hawk is released for DCS World.
Screen_140819_125543.jpg

Screen_140819_134601.jpg

Screen_140819_125005.jpg

Screens made in EDGE :drool:

Also coming to a release I guess some time soon from Belsimtek..
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mirage from Razbam
10644539_757917610947110_6370970020625683392_o.jpg

10636898_759480630790808_725967392499063967_o.jpg

EDGE with these planes is nice! F-18 and Eurofighter in the future.. Hmm :D

Last edited:
Agreed on the F-15. Vertical climbs on takeoff are fun and it's pretty smooth everywhere else.

Also I'm really looking forward to EDGE. Those shots look great.

Also also... Bf-109 K-4 Kurfürst delayed until December 3rd. More interestingly, a new DCS World Newsletter will be released on that same day. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129347

Oooooh so you think December 3rd could be a special day? Very interesting! Also with VEAO's Warbids Collection coming there are some really cool war planes coming. HA-112 Hispano Buchon, Supermarine Spitfire Mk XIV, F8F-Bearcat, Curtiss P-40F. Expected release is Q4 2014 and Q2 2015. Until then I see little reason to fly the Kurfürst between all those jets to be honest..

edit;
And what is this from AvioDev.. An C-101 Aviojet..
Screen_140715_204519_zps45c77ad4.jpg

Expected to be finished early 2015.

Last edited:
Oooooh so you think December 3rd could be a special day? Very interesting! Also with VEAO's Warbids Collection coming there are some really cool war planes coming. HA-112 Hispano Buchon, Supermarine Spitfire Mk XIV, F8F-Bearcat, Curtiss P-40F. Expected release is Q4 2014 and Q2 2015. Until then I see little reason to fly the Kurfürst between all those jets to be honest..

Same. I plan on pre-ordering the Spitfire and P-40 as soon as they're available. But first I might need to upgrade my joystick from the MS Sidewinder 2 I bought, like, 15 years ago :lol:

Same. I plan on pre-ordering the Spitfire and P-40 as soon as they're available. But first I might need to upgrade my joystick from the MS Sidewinder 2 I bought, like, 15 years ago :lol:

Wow 15 years is long! You earned that new stick :D

My stick is starting to show rudder issues. Sometimes, usually on the ground in DCS, my rudder is all the way to one side, so I have to counter rudder with take off. When I'm in the air it goes to center right away..

Really put a lot of hours in the Hawk today and I'm happy 👍 Took the time to try out the weapons system and because there is no guide for that yet it was a bit of a PITA. I think I understand it now and it actually is pretty easy after you know. You have to turn a key to active the weapons system :lol:

15715372360_3b78311658_o.jpg

I bet the aerobatic servers are loving that plane right now. It looks like fun but I think I'll wait for another sale before picking that up... hell even with a sale my finances are about to take a beating when more of this content starts dropping :lol:

I bet the aerobatic servers are loving that plane right now. It looks like fun but I think I'll wait for another sale before picking that up... hell even with a sale my finances are about to take a beating when more of this content starts dropping :lol:

Yeah I only just took off at Sochi, you can see it in the distance. Everybody who flies the Hawk must admit the force of flying in formation is stronger than gravity.

I know what you mean. After flying the Hawk I ordered TrackIR :scared: Now I must control myself to not buy more for a while. Not that I can now anyway :lol:

Yeah I only just took off at Sochi, you can see it in the distance. Everybody who flies the Hawk must admit the force of flying in formation is stronger than gravity.

I know what you mean. After flying the Hawk I ordered TrackIR :scared: Now I must control myself to not buy more for a while. Not that I can now anyway :lol:

Thanks for adding another item to my WANT list :P I've been wondering what people were using for DCS head tracking...

Got it Tuesday and wow! Very nice. A bit like terminator's avatar.

Flying in general is better now, biggest plus is I don't have to worry about the POV button anymore. The screen is now pointing at where I want at the right moment. Last night I was playing with a friend and he fired some Amraam's at me. Before I didn't have the time to look where the missile was because it was all painfully slow and awkward. Now it is no problem at all. I managed to dodge a couple and even counter.

Flying in clickable cockpits is much nicer too. You just look down, click here and there and it's done. To be honest in the A-10C it is still a bit hard but I don't have HOTAS so that is next on the list. (Where is it going to stop?)

Playing DCS with TrackIR is really way more fun :D

Got it Tuesday and wow! Very nice. A bit like terminator's avatar.

Flying in general is better now, biggest plus is I don't have to worry about the POV button anymore. The screen is now pointing at where I want at the right moment. Last night I was playing with a friend and he fired some Amraam's at me. Before I didn't have the time to look where the missile was because it was all painfully slow and awkward. Now it is no problem at all. I managed to dodge a couple and even counter.

Flying in clickable cockpits is much nicer too. You just look down, click here and there and it's done. To be honest in the A-10C it is still a bit hard but I don't have HOTAS so that is next on the list. (Where is it going to stop?)

Playing DCS with TrackIR is really way more fun :D
Which TrackIR did you get? 5?

Yes, with the normal clip. You also get a cap with it but I threw it away. I have my own :P
I don't like the TrackIR caps, they aren't very stylish:
TrackIR_3x_reflector_cap.jpg

Track IR should ship with a couple of hats maybe a snapback or something :lol:. It's all about the style game.

Latest Posts

Back