PD vs Hackers "Notice of Account Ban Measures"

• Thread starter p3bucky
  • 470 comments
Why are you wondering if they ban you if you have modded cars?
Why you go online then? And why you expect that everything will stay normal?
They see everything when you are online. all game saves...

Pathetic losers is one word that comes 2 mind....

If driving and making the stanced cars that I love makes me a pathetic loser then so be it 👍

We are not turning this into a mod vs. anti-mod thread

I'm not too upset about being banned. I still have my cars and that's all that matters :) Besides, I already have online working again :P

Be interesting to see if more people get banned than just a couple. I remember in GT5 when a couple of people got banned but IIRC it was those that used the secret menu. I know I carried 50 hybrids online routinely and it never affected me.

Be interesting to see if more people get banned than just a couple. I remember in GT5 when a couple of people got banned but IIRC it was those that used the secret menu. I know I carried 50 hybrids online routinely and it never affected me.

You'll probably more likely to hear more about the bans on the "other" website just for the simple fact that that they are able to more freely talk about modding there and that's where it originates. More open discussions there, in other words. If you really want to be "in the know", that is where you need to be. 👍

Pretty much everyone on NGU is banned from GT6 right now. Everyone I know who used modded cars is also banned. Thats including people on OFW consoles too.

I saw this today in the News section

ban_zpsc1098ad5.jpg

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_8515094.html

Last Updated: Apr 16, 2014
Notice of Account Ban Measures
GT6 News

We have recently confirmed usage of illicitly modified game data in the online services of Gran Turismo 6, and the relevant accounts have now been banned from the service.

Hereafter, these Online ID's in question will no longer be able to access the online portion of Gran Turismo 6.

Please be aware that usage of illicitly modified game data and any mischievous conduct against other players using such data are strictly prohibited, and will be subject to penalties as soon as they are found.

We ask everyone for their continued understanding and support.

Anyone's account banned? save data corrupted/NLA?

edit: forgot general questions forum
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/are-modders-being-banned.307062/

Last edited:
I had over 300 hybrids on GT5. Did I care about going into a free run just to drive around and cruise, and not race? Absolutely not. I didn't care one bit about using hybrids in a non-competitive environment, such as the average Nurburgring Track Day. In fact, people enjoyed watching my creations, asking me what chassis/engine combo I used and such. I remember one time I raced a MINE'S BNR34 in my 22B-engine swapped Beetle 1200. I even informed him that my Beetle was a hybrid, but yet he still wanted to race. In the end, we had an intense battle, trading paint and positions left and right, but in the end he ended up winning.
I already have a few hybrids on GT6 thanks to a CFW user who I won't give away the name of, and I even have the Lunar Rover as a fully-functional vehicle. Don't believe me?
Here's a race I did with another buddy who also has the Lunar Rover. I'm in the foreground, he's in the back.
kxAA7KF.jpg

I enjoy getting laughs out of people on the mic when I bring out the LRV to [attempt to] complete a lap on the Nurburgring. It gets stuck on the swinging corners after the Karusell though, but usually runs a 30 minute lap.

Hybridding added a whole new level of fun and gameplay styles to GT5 for me. I sure hope it does the same for GT6 when OFW hybridding becomes available.

ban_zpsc1098ad5.jpg

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_8515094.html

Last Updated: Apr 16, 2014
Notice of Account Ban Measures
GT6 News

We have recently confirmed usage of illicitly modified game data in the online services of Gran Turismo 6, and the relevant accounts have now been banned from the service.

Hereafter, these Online ID's in question will no longer be able to access the online portion of Gran Turismo 6.

Please be aware that usage of illicitly modified game data and any mischievous conduct against other players using such data are strictly prohibited, and will be subject to penalties as soon as they are found.

We ask everyone for their continued understanding and support.

Pretty much everyone on NGU is banned from GT6 right now. Everyone I know who used modded cars is also banned. Thats including people on OFW consoles too.
Ahhh, so it sounds pretty universal then. Had to happen sooner or later I suppose but as you indicate, it's not permanent if people can just hop right on with a different account. If they are going to really fix this it's needs more than a bandaid, it has to be incorporated into the game somehow so you can't get online with hybrids to protect those that don't and to keep the Seasonals untainted.

Before all the anti-hybriders start jumping for joy, please read the OP. This is not a "console ban" it's an "account ban". The PSN ID used for hybriding can not go online anymore, but it doesn't prevent someone from simply using another PSN ID and starting over. This is only a bandaid and a good first step, but not a permanent solution.

PD Ban people for doing what should have been their job, which is to make the game some sort of fun....

I don't know why the hell GT does not check the save game cars are made of the correct parts anyway... Stupid code design that Hybrids are even possible... did they learn nothing from the previous game...cmon wake up PD GT is crumbling (and not because of hybrids).

They're not anti-hybriders as you call them in what just seems like a attempt to justify the hacking. They are anti-hacking. I know you've got your reasons for why you like it. But the simple fact is, PD programmed the game the way it is and engine swaps and things of that nature are not part of the package. Altering that code is hacking the game and I'm glad PD are at least trying to keep it at bay. Because for every one Johnnypenso that just wants to make what he thinks are realistic swaps, there's a 100 who will use the hacking to cheat and grief other players.

So this is good. If you want to hack they're not stopping you. They're just stopping people from ruining others experiences with the hacking. 👍

They're not anti-hybriders as you call them in what just seems like a attempt to justify the hacking. They are anti-hacking. I know you've got your reasons for why you like it. But the simple fact is, PD programmed the game the way it is and engine swaps and things of that nature are not part of the package. Altering that code is hacking the game and I'm glad PD are at least trying to keep it at bay. Because for every one Johnnypenso that just wants to make what he thinks are realistic swaps, there's a 100 who will use the hacking to cheat and grief other players.

So this is good. If you want to hack they're not stopping you. They're just stopping people from ruining others experiences with the hacking. 👍
You are leaping to conclusions you can't support. Hybriding has been a part of the GT series forever, it's always been called hybriding, hence I refer to it as hybriding, this is nothing new. So there are pro-hybriders, and anti-hybriders. You follow?

I merely pointed out this doesn't resolve the problem of hybriding infecting TT's and online racing, any more than a $30 fine for an expired parking meter suddenly means I'll never get a parking ticket ever again. Hybriders are diligent, that's how they get to be hybriders to begin with. I'm just pointing out that banning a PSN ID is not a permanent solution. They did it in GT5 as well and the hybriding continued unabated almost immediately.

The permanent solution needs to be hardcoded into the game or we'll be having this same discussion next week...ad nauseum.

I'm generally anti-hacking (mostly because some bad apples ruin it for those just trying to have fun) but it kinda bothers me that they're dealing with this issue instead of all the online bugs that have caused (what seems to be) a large portion of people to give up on the game completely. "Hey, a portion of the handful of people left playing this game are modifying it in a way we deem unacceptable and in a manner that could provide some actual fun. Let's ban them!" :rolleyes:

R.S
PD Ban people for doing what should have been their job, which is to make the game some sort of fun....

I don't know why the hell GT does not check the save game cars are made of the correct parts anyway... Stupid code design that Hybrids are even possible... did they learn nothing from the previous game...cmon wake up PD GT is crumbling (and not because of hybrids).

Like I keep saying, if they just gave us little things like wheel offsets and lower suspension, almost half of the people modding their saves wouldn't have to. If they can add a completely new option to the game (customization of rear wings), why can't they add a suspension kit that has offsets and gets lower? I'm trying not to whine about it, I'm able to do it by modding, but if PD doesn't like me making my cars handle worse for the sake of looks through modding, then they can add it to the game.

I sincerelly hope this will bring us the Community and Quick Race functionalities now

Hackers (Hybriders, whatever) would compromise both functionalities, especially Quick Race

Option for inequality in public lobbies undermines competition and although I fully understand "hybriders" in their wish to have access to online for "private races", their existance undermines complete idea of Public Races and Quick Race

So, in bigger pcture, this is the good move

Modifying/hybriding you cars in offline mode can be cool and interesting, but using those online it's not good at all... unfortunately it's what probably made us to wait for the Community features... they could be ready to release it, but how to do that if there are a lot of hackers around?

Even DLC release can be waiting for a more safe environment.

Last edited:
You are leaping to conclusions you can't support. Hybriding has been a part of the GT series forever, it's always been called hybriding, hence I refer to it as hybriding, this is nothing new. So there are pro-hybriders, and anti-hybriders. You follow?

I merely pointed out this doesn't resolve the problem of hybriding infecting TT's and online racing, any more than a $30 fine for an expired parking meter suddenly means I'll never get a parking ticket ever again. Hybriders are diligent, that's how they get to be hybriders to begin with. I'm just pointing out that banning a PSN ID is not a permanent solution. They did it in GT5 as well and the hybriding continued unabated almost immediately.

The permanent solution needs to be hardcoded into the game or we'll be having this same discussion next week...ad nauseum.

What conclusion am I leaping to that I can't support? That hackers can alter game code? That they can use that to cheat and grief other players? No leaping involved in understanding that. Hybriding is hacking. Hacking has been around long before GT even though about putting their game online. I remember people using the same kind of excuses and rationalizations that get tossed around here back in the early days of PGR2 when people were modding 1000 MPH trucks and Mini Coopers with Enzo chassis/engine's underneath. Hacking is hacking. End of story.

There will never ever be a permanent solution. Hackers and cheats will always be looking for a way to do their thing. But if they keep banning them as they appear online eventually they'll tire of having to create new accounts every day.

That is more like a warning than a punishment. I'm not an anti-hybrider as it never affected me because I rarely play online and it is kind of useful to discover cool things about the game and experiment.

I just lament the fact that some people don't have the slightest sense of honor. What does one gain by winning at a prizeless competition in a videogame by making the playing field uneven? That is so childish.

Are there actually that many hackers taking their hacked cars and racing them in public rooms?

Latest Posts

Back