perhaps GT6 is falling behind.

• Thread starter JBranco
  • 551 comments
Portugal
Portugal
tcorolla
->Gran Turismo 6 gets a new update
->Forza Motorsport 5 gets a brand-new track.

I'm starting to think that Gran Turismo has reached it's peak.

How will they fight (and survive) Forza Motorsport 5, if they don't deliver??

Wings? Custom wings? wtf????? If I want wings i'll go to KFC, If I want custom wings i'll make them at home.I want some tracks and cars, not wings, not data logger, no some stupid GPS gadget that only works if you have the right car………

https://www.gtplanet.net/gtplanet-weekly-rewind-gran-turismo-gives-you-wings/

Course maker, it will be a very good improvement sure, but still there are mythic tracks and cars, that need to be exploited by the community.

edit: and i hope course maker, at least be as good as GT5, but with more details options.

It has less tracks i know. but the question is:
if in each update has a new track, that would make 20 new tracks.
That FM5 seems to deliver, unlike GT6.

I love driving in GT6, but it lacks something...

I like that T10 doesn't make any promises, and they actually deliver. Whereas PD talk talk talks and makes all these promises, and they either never or take forever to deliver things they promised.

I really wish PD could be like T10 and not promise stuff if they can't even keep their word. :(

It seems to me that PD is trying to buy themselves some time each month by delivering just a small new add-on like the custom rear wings and expect everything to be forgiven. In my honest opinion, they should start listening to the community more often, stop with the VGT and model cars that people actually want. I dont know how I've managed to put 1500 hours in this game.

Forza will need 20 more updates with tracks to get close to GT6

Geez, is Forza really that bad? It must unusable in that case!

Or at least didn't talk as much, so we wouldn't be THAT disappointed.

They don't talk anymore - that's the problem. They talked up the product prior to us parting with our money and now that they have it the silence is deafening :-(

So far there is nothing in GT6 that a DLC could have done for GT5.

As far as GT6 falling behind is concerned, in my opinion, it NEVER got started in the first place. It is nothing more than a ramshackle, half assed, beta release!

<rant mode OFF>

Last edited by a moderator:
They don't talk anymore - that's the problem. They talked up the product prior to us parting with our money and now that they have it the silence is deafening :-(

So far there is nothing in GT6 that a DLC could have done for GT5.

As far as GT6 falling behind is concerned, in my opinion, it NEVER got started in the first place. It is nothing more than a ramshackle, half assed, beta release!

<rant mode OFF>
IF you have all paid the same as me for GT6,what do you people want for £45 or its equivalent Less than the price of a decent restaurant meal, football match or theatre tickets for 2

IF you have all paid the same as me for GT6,what do you people want for £45 or its equivalent Less than the price of a decent restaurant meal, football match or theatre tickets for 2
Well all the stuff they said they would be updating to the product at the time we bought it would be nice!

A rather large amount of content was promised prior to launch, as well as monthly DLC, etc. Very little of which (and in some areas none) has been delivered at all.

So in answer to your question, I expect for my £45 to get what I paid for, so far only part of which has been delivered (and keep in mind that at least one promised function from GT5, global leaderboards which were on the US box 'blurb' never arrived during the title life).

Forza will need 20 more updates with tracks to get close to GT6
Because track count is all that matters!

->Gran Turismo 6 gets a new update
->Forza Motorsport 5 gets a brand-new track.

Good for Forza players, they got only 14 tracks with the release of the game and they got 2 new tracks within 5 months of the release. They still did not get Nurburgring and many other FM3/FM4 tracks.

I'm starting to think that Gran Turismo has reached it's peak.

It is good to have subjective and personal opinions, we all have them, all regarding many things. In this particular example, I think the opposite of you. Should I create a new thread about my own subjective opinion?

How will they fight (and survive) Forza Motorsport 5, if they don't deliver??

What gives you the idea that Polyphony "fights" Forza series? Upon which parameters do you base your assumption? Is there any evidence you have that would back-up such subjective and personal opinion?

Wings? Custom wings? wtf????? If I want wings i'll go to KFC, If I want custom wings i'll make them at home.I want some tracks and cars, not wings, not data logger, no some stupid GPS gadget that only works if you have the right car………

It seems to me that you personally and subjectively want many things that are not part of the GT6 at this moment. You can wait to see will your subjective and personal wishes ever become a reality in the GT series, as all of us are waiting for some of our own subjective and personal wishes. Myself included. Should I create a new thread about my own subjective wishes?

if in each update has a new track, that would make 20 new tracks.

IF is the key word. Based on my personal experience with ALL FORZA GAMES IN THE SERIES HISTORY, the support for particular Forza games ENDS FOREVER once the "Seasonal Pass" expires. So, I have extremely hard time believing - based on my own evidential experience as the all-time Forza series player - how anything will change with the FM5. It will be great that FM5 one day reaches the amount of content and features offered by FM4 for example, but it will happen highly unlikely IMO

That FM5 seems to deliver, unlike GT6.

It is not that hard to deliver if you shipped your product with 200 cars and 14 tracks and almost none additional functionalities compared to the previous iteration of the game.

Well all the stuff they said they would be updating to the product at the time we bought it would be nice!

A rather large amount of content was promised prior to launch, as well as monthly DLC, etc. Very little of which (and in some areas none) has been delivered at all.

So in answer to your question, I expect for my £45 to get what I paid for, so far only part of which has been delivered (and keep in mind that at least one promised function from GT5, global leaderboards which were on the US box 'blurb' never arrived during the title life).

I agree with this however, we are still waiting too much things to happen with GT6.

What gives you the idea that Polyphony "fights" Forza series? Upon which parameters do you base your assumption? Is there any evidence you have that would back-up such subjective and personal opinion? They are competitors in business. Of course they 'fight' each other. That's what competition in business is all about, fighting to take your competitors client base away.

It is not that hard to deliver if you shipped your product with 200 cars and 14 tracks and almost none additional functionalities compared to the previous iteration of the game. Well then, PD should have promised less & delivered more, instead of the other way 'round. What they promised was misleading.

See above...

GT6 is "as seen" in as much as if you paid £45 for the game, that's what you got on release. Everything else is either a bonus (free updates) or paid DLC which is separate from the purchase price of the game itself. While GT6 is not perfect, I would much rather play it than FM5 which has only 200 cars, 95% + which were carryovers from previous releases.

GT6 is "as seen" in as much as if you paid £45 for the game, that's what you got on release. Everything else is either a bonus (free updates) or paid DLC which is separate from the purchase price of the game itself. While GT6 is not perfect, I would much rather play it than FM5 which has only 200 cars, 95% + which were carryovers from previous releases.
No it isn't. People bought the game with a promise that advertised features would be added in an update. They aren't a bonus.

It seems to me that PD is trying to buy themselves some time each month by delivering just a small new add-on like the custom rear wings and expect everything to be forgiven. In my honest opinion, they should start listening to the community more often, stop with the VGT and model cars that people actually want. I dont know how I've managed to put 1500 hours in this game.

That's 11 hours a day for the 133 days since GT6 was released. RESPECT

Because track count is all that matters!
It's what the discussion was referring to, nobody suggested it was. To be fair, it doesn't even have much to do with GT6 falling behind :lol:

You have to move forward before you can fall behind. They havn't moved in any direction since release.
Not true in any way. It's coming. We can see this from promised features now coming to us.

Course maker, it will be a very good improvement sure, but still there are mythic tracks and cars, that need to be exploited by the community.

edit: and i hope course maker, at least be as good as GT5, but with more details options.
This doesn't make much sense, and it has nothing to do with "falling behind".

Uuuuhhhhh....What? All in due time my young padawan, all in due time. What will you say when the course maker gets here? Will GT6 still be falling behind?
Wanna bet? I keep getting similar responses whenever we get things like "GT6 has been abandoned" or "we're never going to get any promised features" and they've always been wrong.

And I mean always, as in every time.

This. All of this. It's coming in at its own rate. Those who say that it's standing still or nothing is coming are either:

a) Oblivious to what the updates have contained.

b) Under the illusion that because an update doesn't contain the feature they want renders it completely useless.

c) So anti-Gran Turismo they just have to bash it.

You might have had a point if PD hadn't pulled advertised features from the disc release late in the day and been advertising the updates as a part of GT6 from before the launch date (and as such very much form part of GT6), you would also have a point if PD didn't have a track record of using features that either are not available at launch or never actually arrive at all as part of the advertising of a launch and/or on the box art of the product.

However given that PD have done all of these thing that kind of undermines your point to a rather large degree.

It's what the discussion was referring to, nobody suggested it was. To be fair, it doesn't even have much to do with GT6 falling behind :lol:
No it was a post about updates vs new tracks, Jim then used a Straw-man argument about tracks (i.e. focused on only one part of a position to try and undermine the whole point).

Wanna bet? I keep getting similar responses whenever we get things like "GT6 has been abandoned" or "we're never going to get any promised features" and they've always been wrong.

And I mean always, as in every time.
Really?

How do I get access to the global leaderboards in GT5 that were advertised on the US box?

You can't of course be referring to GT6 as we haven't even come close to all the advertised features actually arriving for that, and are well behind on the DLC schedule that PD advertised.

Really?

How do I get access to the global leaderboards in GT5 that were advertised on the US box?

You can't of course be referring to GT6 as we haven't even come close to all the advertised features actually arriving for that, and are well behind on the DLC schedule that PD advertised.
What matters is they are coming. To say they are not is a lie, because the updates are containing promised features.

It doesn't matter if they weren't all in there at release, what matters is they are, and have been coming to us.

What matters is they are coming. To say they are not is a lie, because the updates are containing promised features.

It doesn't matter if they weren't all in there at release, what matters is they are, and have been coming to us.
And yet they have not arrived.

Here's the point we all assume they are coming, but you have no more evidence that I have as to when and indeed if they are coming.

Based on the US boxart Global Leaderboards were coming to GT5, when did they arrive? They didn't. GT6 was also said to have “at least one additional track per month will be downloadable.”, and yet we still to see a single one (and the promised info on the first new track - that was coming in Feb - its now April).

To be frank I think people have a rather large body of evidence on which to base skepticism and frustration.

I don't feel that GT6 is falling behind, just that they promise more than what the PS3 can handle.
For example;
-1,200 cars
-100+ tracks (variants, reverses included)
-Day/Night/Weather tracks
-Mapped night skies and cloud systems
-Course maker (GT5 at least)
-GPS Data/course creation
-'Real' driving physics
-'Real' aero physics and customisation
-Customisable driver outfits
-Pit services (Oil changes, rigidity improvements etc)
-Photo travel with perfectly rendered locations

Adding all that up and comparing it to the current competition then it's miles ahead. Games like Forza don't have night racing, nor do they have weather, a course maker, customisable aero, photo travel, pit services etc. but you get the point. The only area where other games are more advanced is graphically (in my views) so I don't think GT should worry until they are on the next gen and with PS4 capabilities. GT will have to compete with a game that has just over 200 cars and 15 locations (35-ish tracks with all variants) with no weather, day/night transitions or even night racing. I'm not even sure they have fuel and tyre wear (could be wrong on that though) and that's on the next gen. I think GT5 was ahead of Forza 5 let alone GT6 or future titles, but the current state of GT6 is just too much too early in console generation.

I feel it's just a simple case of it being too much for the current system and they're having problems making it work on the PS3 smoothly. This is shown in frame rate drops and other graphical glitches around the game. I also feel that when GT7 gets to go to the PS4 with 4 times the processing power of the PS3 then all of this promised stuff will shine but until then we can't really tell for sure.

All in all, I think GT is still leading the racing "simulator" genre on consoles even with all it's current downfalls.

Please note, this is an opinion with some facts. :P

Back