perhaps GT6 is falling behind.

• Thread starter JBranco
  • 551 comments
Livery goes a long way :) For now, at least I'm happy with how the 458 GT3 replica drive, it feels like a race car when driven with racing slick and more than capable competing with real GT3 cars, gotta make the most of what's in hand :lol:

Adding visual part like roll cage shouldn't be hard on premium cars when body rigidity improvement is installed ... but PD has their own ways :(

It is amazing how much difference a livery, a rollcage and some more modifications to the body of the cars can make them look and feel more like a race car. In GT no matter what you do to a road car you never quite get that feeling you're now in a race car.

11897636914_80830e1a80_c.jpg

I die a little inside every time I see those liveries. :guilty: As a race car guy I really miss this kind of customization.

Play alot of battlefield 4 on Ps4.
Just how they fix the game to have own tag, livery on all stuff and how they communicate what is on the fixlist is great. Of course they should never start a game from below finnished and try to fix it along the way. In this case they got shareholders that got angry and worried and also suied.
PD seem not having those precise problems but on the end all have a boss and his name is customer.

It is amazing how much difference a livery, a rollcage and some more modifications to the body of the cars can make them look and feel more like a race car. In GT no matter what you do to a road car you never quite get that feeling you're now in a race car.

11897636914_80830e1a80_c.jpg
This so much. When it comes to turning road cars into race cars it is important to have the look that comes with it. Really hate doing full weight reduction on a car and then that car still has full leather interior. Why can I put a roll cage in my cars in shift but can't do the same in GT?

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem I have with GT6 is that it promises to be so good but fails to deliver. The graphics are gorgeous, the tracks like Bathurst, Spa, Le Mans, Silverstone, Monza, Suzuka, Motegi are just perfect, the choice of cars are pretty damn great, the physics are amazing and even the sound is pretty good now. However, the application just falls so short. I jump into an arcade race, everything looks and feels amazing, but, by the end of lap 1 I am first and I am then bored. I don't feel inspired to run 20 laps or a 2 hour endurance on my own at the front with no competition. Plus, I only get 10 cars to race. I can't choose the cars I want to race against or set up qualifying etc. The whole experience falls flat.

This has led me to go back to GT5 which sadly does not feel or sound as good but as least I get a decent racing experience where I can battle for 40 laps with 16 cars and might not win. Only yesterday I did the Suzuka endurance race and after 6 hours of racing and battling for the lead with 3 other cars, I lost 1st by 6 seconds. It was epic.

PD really need to start addressing the basic in my opinion. It really could be so good which is frustrating.

However, the application just falls so short. I jump into an arcade race, everything looks and feels amazing, but, by the end of lap 1 I am first and I am then bored. I don't feel inspired to run 20 laps or a 2 hour endurance on my own at the front with no competition.
I honestly believe that GT6 can be improved several fold if the AI actually raced you. Never mind the missing features or even the engine sounds, if they can't get the fun of racing into the game, then GT6 is no more.

I was one of the guys that were all for GT. Recently I started watching FORZA 5 videos on youtube.

- You can swap engine, like....have a VW beetle and choose "ENGINE SWAP" > "8 Cylinder engine"....FWD or RWD...boom. You have a v8 beetle.

- The sound, OMG the ****ing sound!

- Tuning, not just tuning with generic parts. You actualy see what brand the parts are BOMEX bumper, Veilside Skirts...

- Livery and actually car modding.....OMG online would be SO much MORE fun if could take my Lancia Integrale, do a Martini livery with full race interior. I would be so happy if I could rip apart my C5 Z06 and build a racecar with some awesome SCCA car livery.

Yes, because of the fact thats its suppost to be the same type of game, I don't feel like GT6 is "the latest" when it comes to console racing games.

2ihp9vo.jpg

What did we get until now ? 10 out of 19 of the listed online feature's ? ... Something I don't get is, how are some of these features connected to online ? Like the 'Coloring / Livery Editor' or the 'Number Plate Editor' ? Does it mean you can edit while you're still in the room/lobby ?

2ihp9vo.jpg

What did we get until now ? 10 out of 19 of the listed online feature's ? ... Something I don't get is, how are some of these features connected to online ? Like the 'Coloring / Livery Editor' or the 'Number Plate Editor' ? Does it mean you can edit while you're still in the room/lobby ?

Now that you showed this image... I'm hoping for these features, obviously, but what if that's just cheap marketing? Something tells me PD isn't gonna make the livery editor like in Forza. :(

On top of all, I'd love better sounds, at least for some cars. That's probably my biggest gripe as it's a vital part of racing. However, I still retain that GT6 isn't really falling behind, yesterday I was racing in a league and I must say it was extremely fun.

I read the other posts about the sterile experience sometimes, I know what you mean, certainly games like Shift have more action in them. But why is so? Damage? Sounds? AI?

2ihp9vo.jpg

i think in PD's mind we did get a colour/livery editor. We now have the base models that you can paint and put your own number on it. Livery editor done!

Back