Permanet Borrow Glitch 2.0 - It´s working!

Yea if you have pics and courses I wouldnt recommend the 1 ps3 method..but if just have the cars and gears then this glitch is possible with just one..Didn't mean to throw a kink in someones intellectual though process of copying,borrowing, deleting, opening, swapping, closing and reloading..apologies in advance! :smile:

so when anyone has tested the glitch procedure with 2 PS3 from the OP. Please check your game and give some feedback.👍

If someone with a PSN+ account and a second PS3 is doing the glitch, please check if it is possible to copy your savegame from the second PS3 to the Online-Storage without installing the patches , this would save a lot of time!

So what if I had 2 thumb drives and formatted them both for PS3, one for the data file (patch) and one for the actual save game file..would I still lose my thumbs?

So what if I had 2 thumb drives and formatted them both for PS3, one for the data file (patch) and one for the actual save game file..would I still lose my thumbs?

we try to keep it simple so we don´t format anything! ;)

so you only need one thumb drive like this:

daumen.jpg

and a second PS3, then you can follow the OP and you can keep your 👍

all other infos are only confusing. we do it OP-style only, easy for everyone! ;)

SSP

Yea I was confused at first but thanks for the clarification..but I don't have a 2nd PS3 so I think I will just stick with buying and trading for now.. Thanks again for the clarification! 👍

@ZeGermanBastorD

as I said I don´t have any experience with Backup & Restore your complete PS3 but if this is a safe procedure. It also might work with only one PS3, but in the end you are doing the same like the OP. You don´t have a second PS3 so you simulate one on your main PS3. A lot more effort, since you need to backup & restore between 20-300GB for the glitch. Let´s work with 2 PS3 in this thread.

Roger. :sly:

But you can put at least the info in your OP to have at least a rescue parachute if something went wrong. It's very simple: How to backup your PS3 harddrive to an external harddrive / thumbdrive

As I anyways have to do a backup, I am going to test my method out the next days. 👍

i noticed the thumbnails come back if you set the car to share online. Let me know if this worked for you

Or you could just recreate the thumbnails using the menu function when going through your garage.

carchris has PSN+

Maybe he wants to test the ultimate weapon.

BTW: I tried again this night. I DID STEP BY STEP. I can handle my stick, even my USB-stick. After patching the game I saw my savegame with the car I jumped in from the Proto. "Yess!", I thought. But I still wasn`t able to copy the savegame to USB!!!!!!!!! Only the PSN+ sign showed up. (The USB-stick was visible for the option copy FROM USB.) Starting the game with that savegame switched it completely. The game started like last time. No cars in garage, *no tickets etc....

* edited

Last edited:
carchris has PSN+

Maybe he wants to test the ultimate weapon.

BTW: I tried again this night. I DID STEP BY STEP. I can handle my stick, even my USB-stick. After patching the game I saw my savegame with the car I jumped in from the Proto. "Yess!", I thought. But I still wasn`t able to copy the savegame to USB!!!!!!!!! Only the PSN+ sign showed up. (The USB-stick was visible for the option copy FROM USB.) Starting the game with that savegame switched it completely. The game started like last time. No cars in garage, no garage etc....
I can't understand why you're having trouble with it... I'm now 5/5 doing it, haven't had any problems.

Last edited:
I can't understand why you're having trouble with it... I'm now 5/5 doing it, haven't had any problems...Sounds like something to do with the patches... the next time you do it could you write down the mb you download for each section of the patch, it should be 6/6.

It`s 6/6

The first download is 608 MB, second 301 MB, ... last is 380 MB.

I`m just a poor guy who needs to beat S.Vettel to get that damn X2010 Proto. But I can live without it, too. :lol:

It`s 6/6

The first download is 608 MB, second 301 MB, ... last is 380 MB.

I`m just a poor guy who needs to beat S.Vettel to get that damn X2010 Proto. But I can live without it, too. :lol:
Good luck

Last edited:
i noticed the thumbnails come back if you set the car to share online. Let me know if this worked for you

That's what I did before I found the "Create thumbnail" button. :lol:

Btw. was the create thumbnail button there since day one?

Good Luck with the Vettel challenge

Thanks. There is one good thing that I can`t sponge. I never tried the Vettel challenge before and today I made the trophy with Bronze... I know that I`ll never get Gold for the X2010 Prototype. But it`s good to have the trophy and a S.Vettel X2010 ticket... :lol:

Thanks. There is one good thing that I can`t sponge. I never tried the Vettel challenge before and today I made the trophy with Bronze... I know that I`ll never get Gold for the X2010 Prototype. But it`s good to have the trophy and a S.Vettel X2010 ticket... :lol:

At least you can get the X2010 Proto via sponging. :lol:

At least you can get the X2010 Proto via sponging. :lol:

I don`t know why. But it does NOT work. Even after patching the game on my "sponge PS3" it is not possible to save on USB-stick.
When I start the game with the savegame (I look at savegame in XMB and it shows me car I jumped in from the Proto.) the current car display line is empty. (I feel like thrown out of my car. :lol: ) My garage is empty, all tickets are gone... Seems that the glitch glitched me back.

It is NOT working (read above post).. sure grinding Sarthe in the Ferrari seasonal gets old in a hurry, but back in Dec-Feb, i can remember grinding an hour at indy for 1 million credits.. which was the best PD had installed in the game at that point. Don't complain/glitch, just grind, fair and square.

I could test it today and I have the same problems like Monatsende. Maybe our garages are too big for the glitch?

Hmm, wasn't there an issue early on concerning the size of the game save, where it got corrupted once it hit... Edit: 4165KB. Yes, there was! [Source]

I guess that means that if your game save is larger than 4165KB (mine is!), this glitch won't work for you.

Last edited:
Hmm, wasn't there an issue early on concerning the size of the game save, where it got corrupted once it hit... Edit: 4165KB. Yes, there was! [Source]

I guess that means that if your game save is larger than 4165KB (mine is!), this glitch won't work for you.

that´s the point. My savegame is over 6000kb and after the glitch it is 4165kb.

good call, so the glitch works only for savegames smaller than 4165kb, because the unpatched game can not handle bigger files.

Last edited:

I could have gotten you that... (with your savefile ofcourse)
I did the Vettel challenges on my second account and got silver, gold, silver within 30 minutes, so probably one hour more I have all gold again...!

You just need to hand over savefile... And I need some time :D

Back