Photomode Weekly Showcase (read the rules!)

• Thread starter leeislee
  • 290 comments
England
Liverpool
leeislee
showcasebanner.png

Have you noticed that people post great photos, whether they're action, artistic, edited shots or whatever and quickly, they're swamped by loads of other pictures in the various threads and before you know it, your prized picture is buried and lost?

Why not just put the picture in a gallery then?
Well, i've also noticed that many people visit the same galleries over and over and tend to miss out on the hidden gems that lurk beneath the galleries and threads and i'd like to think that everyone should be seen.

So, i thought it'd be a good idea to have a thread that can't get swamped, a place where your amazing photo will sit proudly for people to see and they can then have a look in your gallery...think of it as an advertisment for you work.

Now to keep it fair for everyone here are some rules:

• Only ONE picture per week.
  • Please add a text link to your gallery (if you have one) beneath your picture.
  • Please add the week number and date to your post so we can clearly see that the weekly rule is followed.
The dilema to this format means that you'll have to post something you think is worthy of your weekly share.

Do you post your latest picture?
Do you post your newest mod?
Do you post your all time best photo?
Do you post your best edit?

Choose wisely because you only have one share a week!

Of course, you can post as many times in this thread as you like but only 1 of your pictures per week.

I hope this thread will uncover those hidden gems for us all to lust over!

Have fun
👍

Last edited:
Yet another good idea Lee, and I'm sure it will be a highly appreciated addition. I'm voting for making this a sticky. 👍

I'd say this is my best GT5 photo edit to date.

I'll have a rummage around my flickr account later on and see if there might be something worth adding in the future. Unfortunately I never got around to making a gallery here at GTPlanet.

*Week 1 13/3-13

^ you're right of course, the digest of the week thread is a great thread but I wanted to create a thread with a one picture a week limit.

That said, I doubt this thread will be as popular though so this weekly showcase could get soon forgotten.

Great shot by the way! 👍

Nice idea for a thread Lee - you've come up with some cracking ideas just recently.

👍

I haven't had chance to shoot anything in ages, so here's my little addition...

Storm over La Sarthe by Miklad, on Flickr

week: 1 // 13 mar 2013

I just had to use a 'Vette shot for this ....even an oldie.

My shot will link you to my "Archaeological" gallery that hasn't been updated since the stone age :dopey:

WEEK 1
14 - 03 - 13

From my newest 458 set

Click the picture to go to my gallery :)

Week #1 // 14th March 2013

Last edited:
I'm quite happy with this shot at the moment:

Week 1, 17/3/2013

Last edited:
WEEK 1 - March 17.
My most popular shot in quite some time + there're only around 40 minutes 'till the end of week 1,
so there's not a lot of time to choose.:D

The link to my gallery is in the sig, just in case.:)

Sorry I should have been more clear, the weekly count is based on the number of your share. If you post a pic today it will be week 1 and if you post a pick in 10 weeks it'll be week 2 if that makes sense.

But I guess you can do it however you want. I don't mind

Back