Photoshopped cars.

• Thread starter sn00pie
  • 7,968 comments
AOS-
You didn't exactly show us anything outstanding or anything you challenged yourself to do for us to give you any suggestions.

Recoloring a hood, swapping wheels and removing that light signal isn't exactly the toughest thing to do.

Fair enough. I wasn't trying to push the envelope, just try my hand at basic chopping without making too many errors. What would you suggest I try to do then? I've seen Klaus' work, but I don't even know where to begin to get to that level...

Edit: and if you look closely you'll notice that the hood and black parts of the car have a carbon fiber pattern. I made an updated version with an adjusted stance, added foglights, and slightly changed grilles. Still no biggie, but just some fun.

I don't know, try adding stuff like front spoilers, grilles, swapping entire lamps.

I never bothered getting into car chopping.

Haha Klaus! You nailed it!:dopey:👍
Looks very good! Seriously the sort of alterations that people would do in real life, not overdone and not unrealistic!
Congrats again.;)
R*

Hey guys! Something new and a little more speculative from me :D

It's my rendition of what a BRZ STI could (possibly) look like. It took me approximately 6 hours in total over several days.

I believe this will be a little more to Cano's taste :P

Chop:

Uuufff you ALMOST nailed it. That thing looks like someone grabbed a BRZ STI and added a wing and lowered it on coilovers. I know sport versions look great low, but be realistic, the factory will NEVER give us such a low car. Up the thing an inch and it will be great. And as Cale said, Subaru would NEVER issue anything with such a wing. You only had to cut and paste a WRX STI wing and make it fit a bit. Yes, clunky, but it would have been accurate. With those changes, it would have been spot on. Yes, even with the over-the-top air intake in the rear quarter. That detail is superbly done.

Decided to try my hand today. Not much compared to Klaus' work, but not bad for a first timer with an hour or two to kill...

Carbon Fiber ERYTHANG. Tell me how to improve.

Very good for your first try. The Volks look awesome on that thing, just make sure next time you center them well, they are a bit off. And next time get some brakes too, lol. Take into consideration your light. We'd clearly see the brakes with some strobes popped at the car, like in the base pic.

Now, producing real-looking carbon fiber is pretty hard but it can be done. It all comes down to the wave and how you manage the black areas under the texture. Next time try to make it conform to the surface. What I mean is, for example, in the front splitter, the CF wave should look different in surfaces that have a vertical point of view, and on surfaces that have a horizontal point of view from where we are seeing the car. you'd have to make thrice the selections and paste in thrice the CF patterns, but that detail alone makes the CF pop a lot more, and make it a lot more realistic.

Choosing a base image with less drastic light will also make things a lot easier to manipulate.

Choosing a base image with less drastic light will also make things a lot easier to manipulate.

Unfortunately, it's the stronger lighting that gets our attention first when selecting a base model to chop.

My go at a BRZ Rally Car:

As you can see, it's not finished. Could someone please give me a hand with the painting? I'm having a really hard time painting it blue.

Uuufff you ALMOST nailed it. That thing looks like someone grabbed a BRZ STI and added a wing and lowered it on coilovers. I know sport versions look great low, but be realistic, the factory will NEVER give us such a low car. Up the thing an inch and it will be great. And as Cale said, Subaru would NEVER issue anything with such a wing. You only had to cut and paste a WRX STI wing and make it fit a bit. Yes, clunky, but it would have been accurate. With those changes, it would have been spot on. Yes, even with the over-the-top air intake in the rear quarter. That detail is superbly done.

Thanks for the feedback Cano (as usual)!

About the wing, funny you say Subaru would never issue anything with such a wing - my inspiration and donor was from the BRZ STi Concept:
Subaru-brz-concept-sti-la-auto-show-2011-live-7.jpg

And SVX, I wanted to paint mine blue too, but I struggled a lot with making the colour look realistic. In this case I don't think it can be done convincingly without a rebrush or cut and paste job.

You will NEVER achieve a real-looking blue colour from that intense white, give up on it and paint your wing white and off you go, SVX.

And Klaus, you said it yourself: concept! I doubt the real thing will ever have something like dat. And if it does, heck it would be weird!

SVX
My go at a BRZ Rally Car:

As you can see, it's not finished. Could someone please give me a hand with the painting? I'm having a really hard time painting it blue.
It's great! 👍 Maybe add some mudflaps.

EDIT: Here's my photoshopped BRZ.

Original:

Last edited:
^Sorry for double posting, but I added my contribution above. Just saying. :sly:

Hi guys, just a little request. Could someone make the gold cladding on my car body color, and put it on the 17in rims from the 2005-9 Legacy? Thanks.

6629923971_c116528597_o.jpg

I was wondering if anybody has photoshopped any of the FT86 or GT86 pictures to mimic the AE86 Haichi Roku from Initial D yet. If not would anyone care to try for me? As I have only found a few online, all look to be same artist and I didn't like their style.

Oh wow, its been AAGEs since I was here last , I do miss you gyus but I have been having a break for over 1 year now , but im back and hopefully better then ever but I will let you decide that ;)

Here is my latest Chop/ render/ concept I have done, let me know your thought sorry about the amount of text ^^

So, the time is here, my first render after my 1 and a half year break.

I want to first thank my amazing girlfriend for supporting me and letting me stay up late and work on this .Thank you love <3

Also thanks to every single wip watcher that has helped me without you this could not have been done.

I have been very stressed about this, if its good enough will it be to the level of the new " elite" and so on, but I cant work on it anymore, It is no more time, I promised my gf that by late wednesday it would be done, and that day is now.

I basically wanted to vision a new design for the RS4 in 2015, and show what I believe it could look like, who knows, i might be all off the chart here but it is what I try do to, I know realism is not "top" here but I really do not use any reference on any of my renders, as it takes to much time for me, and it ruins my workflow.

I also have to mention that the PSD ended up at a staggering, 1,7 GB with over 670 layers, )= i need to learn to merge stuff lol.

Also I made 3 PSDs just for this render, and I also plan to make a Sport version later this month

I also added loads of details this time, like working sensors, and window washers , and windows heating .

As always i usually brush everything from scratch it what I do best and here its the same, the wheels and interior is the only thing i copypasted here.
Background is made up from 7 different ones, and the lizzard is half brushed. ( I love him )

So without further delay, here is my entry for all star comp " late lol " , and my new RS4 Concept

Stock image

My interpetation of the new RS4 concept
Black Roof
rs4finallr.jpg

White Roof edition
rs4finallrwhiteroof.jpg

Darker White Roof Edition
rs4finallrwhiteroofdark.jpg

new color hue
rs4finallrcolour.jpg

Super HIGH BLACK ROOF res for those who wants that
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/7216/rs4finalhr.jpg

SUper HIGH WHITE ROOF
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3208/rs4finalhrwhiteroof.jpg

and ZOOM bits, for those great details.
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/7315/zoomi.jpg

Thank you all for watching.

Thanks for Gurnade for getting me the wheels, and special thanks to " ADV1 / RS Quattro wheels "

***All trademarks used on these images are the property of their respective owners.
It is just a fanart ***

It always blows my mind seeing your works, they have SO MUCH HANDMADE my head hurts. And I mean, good handmade, the only things that look chopped there are the headlamps, but the rest of the car is impressive. I cannot find any flaw besides the headlamps (not a flaw, but they don't look real) and the gradient of the shadow under the car. Aside from that, usual Glacius.

haha cano, im glad you like the headlights are my special something 100% made from scratch xD maybe thats why haha
miss u dude get online sometime ^^

So I got to do this for Autemo as a co op, It was ment as a april fool joke as well.

Mark did most of the work creating a fake website and also creating the comments and the SPYSHOTs, and imo he did a freaking exellent job.

http://www.newcarspyshots.com/bugatti-suv-spyshot-captured "

For some reaons the FB page was broken yesterday so the joke did not get spread around as we hoped.

Some might hate others might love, but thats how it is , Imo its a great design, but I wish I had more time to work on it, might do some more changes, This is not the same version as the one posted on facebook, this has more sleek roof line and new wheels, that i found out suited it better , and new headlights for a more " sport "look .
Also has some minor details added here and there.

I know I keep doing WHITE cars, but this will be my final white car for a while as I want to learn how to created black cars, as I now feel like I can master white pretty well.

So my base for this render was this Bugatti. ; as you can see the only part of the car left is the front grill and mesh, rest is brushed but wheels and background .

Base:

Bugatti Suv :
veyronsuv.jpg

HR : http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/7456/veyronsuvhr.jpg

haha cano, im glad you like the headlights are my special something 100% made from scratch xD maybe thats why haha
miss u dude get online sometime ^^

Hey, Glacius! Wow, what a blast from the paaaaaaast! Remember me, chaser_fan?! Hope all is well with you! I remember those epic PS comps we used to have... Think I was still in my twenties then!

hahaha, I never thought I'd see the three of us together posting again about photoshopped cars. What a blast from the past indeed. I of course remember the epic competitions, from robots to carbon cars.

And, Glac, I really think the previous wheels fit the Bugatti SUv way better.

Hi Guys!

We were lucky enough to make it through Round 1 of this years Autemo World Team Battle (WTB), which is quite pleasing considering it's a lot tougher to progress this year (only 3 teams make it through Round 1 rather than 6). Hopefully we can come close to making it next round too, although I think it will be a lot harder!

Our entry was a shot at a possible GT2 version of the Ferrari Berlinetta - although it it perhaps a little "cleaner" in terms of design features (aesthetics were not sacrificed for functionality in most cases). It's all topped of in a simple Autemo livery / colour scheme.

In terms of the work involved, all of the body panels, including the side skirt, front lip, canards, etc. were brushed from scratch (by me) with virtually zero reference for the paint. However, there are quite a few C&P parts such as the interior (we would like to have brushed this, but ran out of time), rims and mirrors.

I'd like to thank my team-mate J_HUI for applying some finishing touches to the chop and fixing some of my mistakes.

Without further ado, here's our entry (minus all the WTB sponsoring logos).

Base:

Chop:

^ Click for High Resolution ^​

And a WIP progression of our chop:

You'll notice that we went through a lot of different ideas! I love looking back at the first idea which is just a chopped up piece with McLaren, FT-86 and California parts stuck on it XD

Those of you that are curious of some of the other entries, Autemo have compiled a "Best of" album on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.363568163679712.74074.111371985565999&type=1

Alternatively, you can see all of the entries here:

o74yz7.jpg

Wagoneer.. for when they bring it back on the Durango platform.

.. Original but with modern 'restrictions' and framing..
modern_wagoneer_version____4_i_think_by_suzq044_chopartist-d4gtyld.jpg

Back