PlayStation 4 General DiscussionPS4 

• Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 9,445 comments
I'm into sim racing as well, but I also lived PS1, PS2 and PS3 era. Actually after so many years LOL at the age of 30 there are less chances I can be impressed by a shooters like Destiny, Killzone, Battlefield etc.. because I did that already 10 years ago with Quake III Arena, Unreal Tournament and had my amazing run with fast paced multiplayers shooters. If I was 16 I would probably swearing about Killzone, COD, *insert random modern fps here* but now I'm 30 and they just don't click with me anymore... because I did that stuff already.
Same situation here, i really need to find games that are evolving and can mix action with tranquility, not constant explosions everywhere. For example whereas i used to adore GTA, i enjoyed playing the latest installment and it looks like the dream version of Grand theft i fantasized about as a youngster, but i don't feel the same level of involvement anymore due to the 'been there done that factor', and also because i'm getting older and my imagination is less involved.

Now I'm hungry of single player catching stories, I started playing RPG's, Kingdom Of Amalur is great, Dark Souls 2 is in my buy list, but I'm kind of shocked no one tried something remotely similar to Metal Gear Solid, well Splinter Cell maybe, but that's it.. correct me if I'm wrong. Tried Assassin Creed, not for me, I would prefer something military related but not an fps.
I greatly enjoyed 'Brothers in Arms Hell's highway' because you had to command your squad and place them strategically so you could plan your attack beforehand + i love the atmosphere of WW2 games in general (shame the focus nowadays seems to be more on futuristic shooters). Apart from that Heavy Rain was also a gem that i experienced to the fullest like i would a game back when i was younger as it was that original. Besides that it's strictly racing games nowadays.

Hello all

I need some advice with my PS4.
I've had several PS3's over the last few years and I literally haven't used them for anything else other than GT5/6 or watching a DVD, I'm simply not interested in other games.

My wife bought me a PS4 for Christmas thinking that GT6 would be compatible (along with my G27), so you can imagine my disappointment when I realised that my PS4 was not compatible with either. Someone may be able to correct me here.

So what do I do?
Sell the PS4 or just wait until GT6/7 is compatible with it?
It's been sitting there in it's box for the past 6 months doing nothing apart from annoy my wife after all the trouble she went to.

Hello all

I've had several PS3's over the last few years and I literally haven't used them for anything else other than GT5/6 or watching a DVD, I'm simply not interested in other games.

My wife bought me a PS4 for Christmas thinking that GT6 would be compatible (along with my G27), so you can imagine my disappointment when I realised that my PS4 was not compatible with either. Someone may be able to correct me here.

So what do I do?
It's been sitting there in it's box for the past 6 months doing nothing apart from annoy my wife after all the trouble she went to.

No PS3 disk based games are compatible with the PS4 because they use different architecture. Neither will PSN bought PS3 games work either. However Sony are working on getting PS3 games to play on PS4 using the Playstation Now service which will stream these titles over the internet. Currently there is no firm launch date and you would probably have to buy them all over again.

There have been a few remastered titles like Tomb Raider jumping over to PS4 so it's possible GT6 could be remastered as a PS4 title but knowing how long it takes PD to do stuff it will be years.

The G27 might eventually become compatible.

I would say just get out a PS3 and start playing GT6 now while it's still fresh.

No PS3 disk based games are compatible with the PS4 because they use different architecture. Neither will PSN bought PS3 games work either. However Sony are working on getting PS3 games to play on PS4 using the Playstation Now service which will stream these titles over the internet. Currently there is no firm launch date and you would probably have to buy them all over again.

There have been a few remastered titles like Tomb Raider jumping over to PS4 so it's possible GT6 could be remastered as a PS4 title but knowing how long it takes PD to do stuff it will be years.

The G27 might eventually become compatible.

I would say just get out a PS3 and start playing GT6 now while it's still fresh.

Hi Robin

I am indeed using my PS3 to play GT6, but was wondering whether I should sell the PS4 or hold tight?
Looks like there will be a PS4 version of GT6 next year, but we all know what PD are like with their release dates.

Hi Robin

I am indeed using my PS3 to play GT6, but was wondering whether I should sell the PS4 or hold tight?
Looks like there will be a PS4 version of GT6 next year, but we all know what PD are like with their release dates.

I think there would be little point in selling the PS4 because you would be lucky to get near retail price back for it and there will eventually be good games out on it like Project Cars which might interest you. You would probably buying the console again anyway so I would hold on to see what's coming. There might be more info on GT7 at Tokyo games show in a few months.

Hello all

So what do I do?
If you are not going to use it, sell it. I am sure it annoys her more that you are NOT using it. Sell it, get her something nice, and yourself something nice. Then you will both be happy and someone will get a nice new PS4. :)

Hello all

So what do I do?

Never buy a console if you plan on using it for one game.Project CARS and DriveClub are being released soon have a look at it, till then you have GTA V and the Last of us Remastered, arguably 2 of the best games the previous generation, suggest you get them.

Be grateful that your wife bought you a PS4, all I got were socks and jumpers!

As others have said, the games that interest You (and I) will be coming soon, I'd hold on if I were you... and buy the Mrs some flowers or something :cool:

Thanks for your responses chaps. I think I may hold on to it, as I'll only end up buying another when GT6/7 is released.
Pete, I am a lucky chap, but I guess that's why I asked her to marry me :)

Maybe too late now to sell it but if I could get £300 for PS4 unopened with receipt and £150 for the G27 you could then get a Thrustmaster wheel set and cheaper PS4 later on.

Who knows though, Logitech might come good and games might start coming soon to PS4.

Maybe too late now to sell it but if I could get £300 for PS4 unopened with receipt and £150 for the G27 you could then get a Thrustmaster wheel set and cheaper PS4 later on.

Who knows though, Logitech might come good and games might start coming soon to PS4.

Very interesting Chromatic. I think the Thrustmaster is a better wheel, but it has one flaw that kills it for me, the static paddles. Or have they changed this on the new version? It's also quite a bit heavier than G27, so when I fixed it to my Playseat Evolution, it seemed to wobble the stand all over the place. Definitely need a stiffer rig for the Thrustmaster...ooh err, that sounds filthy!

One further point, if I may add, is that the PS4 actually processes space even better than the PS3. Right now I have used up about half of my hard disk just in games, but on the other hand, I can stream all of my movies and TV shows that I had originally purchased off my PS3 to the PS4 (by way of Video Unlimited). It saves a ton of space so that I can focus on the main point on why I bought the PS4 in the first place, the games.

Same situation here, i really need to find games that are evolving and can mix action with tranquility, not constant explosions everywhere. For example whereas i used to adore GTA, i enjoyed playing the latest installment and it looks like the dream version of Grand theft i fantasized about as a youngster, but i don't feel the same level of involvement anymore due to the 'been there done that factor', and also because i'm getting older and my imagination is less involved.

I greatly enjoyed 'Brothers in Arms Hell's highway' because you had to command your squad and place them strategically so you could plan your attack beforehand + i love the atmosphere of WW2 games in general (shame the focus nowadays seems to be more on futuristic shooters). Apart from that Heavy Rain was also a gem that i experienced to the fullest like i would a game back when i was younger as it was that original. Besides that it's strictly racing games nowadays.

I can totally relate to this. I'm in my 30s now, and playing these action, RPG and adventure games in general ain't what it used to be. If I were maybe 20 or under 25, I might have enjoyed them immensely. I have such a big back log to get through because of this reason.

Cars always keep me going. They just make me HAPPY! So 95% of my playtime: driving games and sims.

Who knows, I might move on from gaming altogether one day. Been at it since I was 5.

Getting real tired of the no pause button for downloads, how hard can it be 🤬 ?

While it's not the same, I've noticed that if you turn the system off when downloading, the download will resume where it left off next time.

While it's not the same, I've noticed that if you turn the system off when downloading, the download will resume where it left off next time.
Even better, throw it into standby mode. It will continue to download while it is powered down.

I've tried the disconnect the internet thing and it worked, it's not ideal but it's something.

Even better, throw it into standby mode. It will continue to download while it is powered down.

Sadly, my wife has a nasty habit of unplugging things that aren't in use. No standby mode for me.

I've tried the disconnect the internet thing and it worked, it's not ideal but it's something.

It's good that you found a workaround, no matter how inconvenient it is. May I just ask, why would you want to pause a download in the first place? I'm not trying to be awkward, I just can't think of a reason why I'd do it.

Sadly, my wife has a nasty habit of unplugging things that aren't in use. No standby mode for me.

It's good that you found a workaround, no matter how inconvenient it is. May I just ask, why would you want to pause a download in the first place? I'm not trying to be awkward, I just can't think of a reason why I'd do it.

:lol::lol:

You get points for asking!

Now that 3d has been officially announced for the X1 August update, it wont be long before it is also out on the PS4. 👍 So much for 3d being dead. :sly:

Slow internet, when you have one as slow as mine downloading 15 gb will take more than a day so you can't ask the whole house to not use the internet for the day.

Have you tried trials fusion? I love it its so much fun especially trying to beat your mates.

nah, I haven't tried it yet. Is it like Motorstorm?

Well, that's too bad. I find myself generally losing interest in gaming as well.

Though don't you want to wait and see how DC, PCARS and GT7 turn out?

initially, I had interest in Driveclub but then it got delayed, now I have no interest at all. GT7 and PCARS, we have to wait and see :cheers:

Back