PlayStation 4 General DiscussionPS4 

• Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 9,445 comments
nah, I haven't tried it yet. Is it like Motorstorm?

Trials is basically a freestyle motorcross game on linear obstacle courses. You don't steer the bike as such - instead, you automatically follow a set route. It's all about balance and speed.

And when in doubt, gameplay video

So, decidedly more precise than any MotorStorm :P

The DS4 hurts my thumbs when I play BF4 because I have to push the stick forward while holding L3 when sprinting, which is most of the time.

It doesn't take all that much pressure, but after an hour or two, my fingertip on the edge of the stick starts to feel bruised. It feels better if I put my thumb on the top of the stick instead of pushing from the back, but then it feels slippery and not as controllable.

I'm trying to think of ways to spread out the load so it's not all one one pressure point, so I'm going to start by trying a golf glove. :lol:

Trials is basically a freestyle motorcross game on linear obstacle courses. You don't steer the bike as such - instead, you automatically follow a set route. It's all about balance and speed.

And when in doubt, gameplay video

So, decidedly more precise than any MotorStorm :P

nah, I haven't tried it yet. Is it like Motorstorm?
it has a really good level editor too so the game basically has endless fun,

The DS4 hurts my thumbs when I play BF4 because I have to push the stick forward while holding L3 when sprinting, which is most of the time.

It doesn't take all that much pressure, but after an hour or two, my fingertip on the edge of the stick starts to feel bruised. It feels better if I put my thumb on the top of the stick instead of pushing from the back, but then it feels slippery and not as controllable.

I'm trying to think of ways to spread out the load so it's not all one one pressure point, so I'm going to start by trying a golf glove. :lol:
It hurt my hands to at first, then I bought these http://www.kontrolfreek.com/

I use the sniper one on the right stick and the close quarters one in the left. They have much better grip than the stock sticks and it seems much easier to hold the sticks forward. They really really improved the controllers. I bought them for the ps4 and Xbox one. I couldn't believe how much they helped. I wish I had found them years ago.

Hahaha... right!

Same problem here actually... kinda. And it's not the X360 controller: been playing FM since 2 was released... holding down the throttle for such long periods... now I got elbow tendonitis.. and it won't go away!!

It hurt my hands to at first, then I bought these http://www.kontrolfreek.com/

I use the sniper one on the right stick and the close quarters one in the left. They have much better grip than the stock sticks and it seems much easier to hold the sticks forward. They really really improved the controllers. I bought them for the ps4 and Xbox one. I couldn't believe how much they helped. I wish I had found them years ago.

Are there stick add-ons you can purchase for the X360, that actually increase the range of motion for analog steering?

I've got only one :lol: but yes it is 👍

Ahh.... relief! :lol::lol:

Slow internet, when you have one as slow as mine downloading 15 gb will take more than a day so you can't ask the whole house to not use the internet for the day.

I see. Can't you cancel the download by pressing the options button while in the downloads menu?

You don't have to hold the l3 button. A single click will do.

Titanfall had a perfect feature for this in the options menu. Its called "unlimited run". As soon as you press a direction, you start running. That would be a nice feature to have in BF and other FPS.

Camaroboy69 celebrates :)

Media playback for PS4 is coming soon too.

I'm skipping 3D for Oculus Rift and Project Morpheus. If I'm gonna wear something on my face it better be worth it.

List of playable games on the show floor of gamescom.

NeoGAF
PlayStation 4:
Battlefield: Hardline
Bloodborne
CounterSpy
Driveclub
Surgeon Simulator
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Alien: Isolation
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition
Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
Far Cry 4
Guns Up!
WWE 2K15
NBA 2K15
Assault Android Cactus
Pix the Cat
Nom Nom Galaxy
Nuclear Throne
Galak-Z
Project Cars
Disney Infinity 2
Hohokum
Helldivers
Destiny
Until Dawn
The Unfinished Swan
The Order: 1886
The Last of Us Remastered
Super Exploding Zoo
SingStar
Minecraft PlayStation 4 Edition
LittleBigPlanet 3
Killzone: Shadow Fall Intercept
Journey
inFamous First Light
Hustle Kings

PlayStation Vita:
Super Exploding Zoo
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Futuridium
Hatsune Miku-Projekt DIVA-F 2
Flame Over
Frozen Synapse Tactics
Final Horizon
Dragon Fin Soup
Lego Ninjago Nindroids
The Sly Trilogy
The Ratchet & Clank Trilogy
PlayStation Vita Pets
Murasaki Baby
Minecraft PS Vita Edition
Invizimals: The Alliance
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Hohokum
Freedom Wars
Entwined
Big Fest

Oh we don't have that already?, yeah that's a must have feature, hopefully we get it soon 👍
So 'must have' that you hadn't noticed yet? ;) I'm guessing that you don't have a PS4 yet. It's good however that Sony kept to their word on bringing the function to the PS4.

Oh this can be the next big outrage since Xbone tv tv epic fail announcement.
This time is for Sony.

Read here:
http://kotaku.com/playstation-now-prices-are-currently-insane-1594025919

I've always been a Sony user but this is in insult to our intelligence.
*checks article date*

You are about 1 month and something late.

I was upset at first but they reworked the prices, now games seems to be falling into a baseline from $2.99 to $19.99 for all games, is still pretty much beta either way.

I've already weighed in on the Playstation Now Beta prices...

I will not complain completely at the service. So far, the prices that we have seen have been for PS3/PSN titles, and the proof is there that they will be cheaper going from platform to platform. Also, the PS2 and PS1 prices are justified, regardless of where they will ultimately be set, because they will have trophy support and they will be enhanced for HD and DS4 control.

Another point to bring out is that Sony has done some market research because obviously there isn't an intermediate value between 4 hours (good for short stints) and 7 day (Typical Blockbuster fare) rental periods, and the 7 day rentals are in fact, if you compare value to value, more valuable for the money than they 5 day rental period that Blockbuster offered before they got bought out by Dish.

So while not everyone can beat a game in 4 hours, nor should they try, the 7 day rental period can get the job done.

Oh, one more thing, @Samus, I too think that it is silly for testers to pay for the service while it is in beta.

Another thing that I have wonderfully left out is that do you really want to be stuck with a game that you paid $60 for because you thought it was good, and it turns out it wasn't? *looking at you Aliens: Colonial Marines*

Back