Please let us paint the R8 Gordini! (and other un-paintable cars)

PD is just clueless, that's all. Meanwhile T10 has allowed (afaik) every car to be paintable since the beginning. If or when PD does implement a livery editor we obviously won't be able to modify racing cars like you can in Forza, which is probably one of the biggest reasons people want it, to recreate existing liveries.

We don't have a livery editor because there are people that will put penises and other garbage on a car for everyone to see. It doesn't take much imagination to see why we don't have one.

How specifically has that theory been debunked? Just because other game have/lack it doesn't prove/disprove any theory.

Look, there are many systems in other games to prevent such content from being viewable and they work very well. I have however, seen a game just not care at all.

PD is just clueless, that's all. Meanwhile T10 has allowed (afaik) every car to be paintable since the beginning. If or when PD does implement a livery editor we obviously won't be able to modify racing cars like you can in Forza, which is probably one of the biggest reasons people want it, to recreate existing liveries.
I agree with you Conquerer - It is very important that we have an livery editor: So we can paint every single car in the game, recreate the legendary liveries and create our own liveries. Best post of the thread! 👍

What an shame. 👎

I have painted the Silverado in green in GT5.

I miss mine from GT5 painted full gloss black with matching wheels. It was a beast for cruising because nobody say all 950bhp of it coming...

Yeah... great idea for PD to not allow the 90% of players that actually want to design something because of the 10% that will draw penises.

There's always that one guy who'll drive around in a fluorescent pink VW Beetle adorned with questionable graphics and sporting the license plate "PECKER1" on the back :dopey:

There's always that one guy who'll drive around in a fluorescent pink VW Beetle adorned with questionable graphics and sporting the license plate "PECKER1" on the back :dopey:

💡 You can solve that by allowing a player to report another for having such graphics. The (Obscene graphics) report will be sent to PD with a photo/s that the game will take of the reported car. If it's true then the user with the obscene graphics gets punished. And any fake reports will get the user warned, and punished if repeated. 💡

💡 You can solve that by allowing a player to report another for having such graphics. The (Obscene graphics) report will be sent to PD with a photo/s that the game will take of the reported car. If it's true then the user with the obscene graphics gets punished. And any fake reports will get the user warned, and punished if repeated. 💡
Can't have that. Too simple and would work, not PD's philosophy ;)

Yeah... great idea for PD to not allow the 90% of players that actually want to design something because of the 10% that will draw penises.

Well we do know Kaz is a bit arrogant, and he doesn't want his "perfect" game getting ass'd up by kids that feel the need to be kids. It's probably not the main reason, but I bet it's on the list of reasons why we don't have it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a livery editor so I cna make my MINI looks closer to my real one.

Well we do know Kaz is a bit arrogant, and he doesn't want his "perfect" game getting ass'd up by kids that feel the need to be kids. It's probably not the main reason, but I bet it's on the list of reasons why we don't have it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a livery editor so I cna make my MINI looks closer to my real one.

I like that you put "perfect" between quotation marks, because it's exactly how I feel about this game. Kaz should realize that perfection is not determined by what the user do with the editor, but rather, the tools the livery editor gives to the player.

It could be a 3D representation of the car that reaches PD, or else, 5 pictures of the car: front, back, side and side, roof.

But yeah, it would be easier for PD to say "we don't want people drawing penises" instead of implementing something useful into the game. Which is funny, since at least they would have said something on the subject, which they haven't.

Unfortunately one thing I realized is that PD wouldn't even notice these things unless they were brought to them on a silver plater. Let's take the modded cars for example (not trying to go off track here).

Back in GT5 and GT6 players could use their modded cars both online and offline. Sure you could report players and on occasion I did have to report the ever present gold fiat 500 with the stance of a freaking LMP car but even people who I know got reported multiple times showed up in online rooms with the same cars. So if that didn't get PD to stop the modding what did?

One word. Seasonals. Everything was fine and dandy up until people started using their modded cars for Seasonals and that's when PD took wind of what was happening and stopped it. I wrote all of that to say that it seems like PD doesn't really have much of a "player support" team at least to me.

They should let us paint the Jaguar XJ220 Race car, that would look great in British Racing Green.

I also miss being able to paint the Alfa TZ2.
Not only that but the Audi R18 would look amazing in other colours.

I also don't understand why the R8 LMS is unpaintable if it doesn't even have a livery. :irked:

I liked painting the Range Stormer grey in GT5. Because it had those crystal look rear lights with clear lenses, the whole car looked bizarrely monochrome when painted grey, which I thought looked really neat. As an added bonus, even the green Land Rover badge turns grey when painted as well.

PD have said on some occasion that they support this philosophy that one guy is responsible for one whole car (as in opposed to specialized people for specific tasks in car modeling). If that is true, then I guess there's just some guys that don't do a very good job, if they make a car model that cannot be painted, or where some decals vanish after applying paint, whereas on other cars this is beautifully solved.

You could also argue that QA isn't doing much of a job at PD in that respect either.

Back