Pokémon Games Discussion Thread (Gotta Discuss 'Em All!)

Pokémon Origins tells the story of the first Pokémon games, Red and Blue.

AGB
In celebration of the worldwide October 12 launch of the newest Pokémon video games, Pokémon X and Pokémon Y for the Nintendo 3DS, an animated adventure that takes a look at a classic era of Pokémon—Pokémon Origins—begins November 15 only on Pokémon TV. Pokémon Origins tells the story of the very first Pokémon video games, Pokémon Red Version and Pokémon Blue Version, including the first steps of our hero Red as he sets off from Professor Oak’s laboratory. As he explores the Kanto region, he’ll encounter Team Rocket, battle his rival, and challenge the Pokémon League. Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue launched in North America in September 1998.

RESHIRAM5
Why only play Pokemon just for a type. I really want a Normal and Ghost Pokemon but I'll still play Pokemon even if they don't have the type.

Because it is a new game, right?

I just want to expect some things on it but if it doesn't have the type I'm expecting, then I'll see first if I'm going to play it. Nuff said.

Honestly, I'm jealous of them. Being serious about this, the stores messed up and there is nothing that can be done about it now. It seems to me that Nintendo can do one of three things in this case. The first is change the release date to an earlier date, which is unlikely. The second is just to have a massive, official information reveal this weekend or next week and show the rest of the game, which is probably what they were planning in the first place. The third is just let the people who have it leak information with no legal issues, which is my preferred course of action.

Last edited:
After seeing the concept of Meowstic, I reckon the 2 Nidoran should be considered the same Pokemom just evolve differently due to gender (Like Burmy).

Guess I won't expect a story like in Black and White :(.

Aside from that, this game looks awesome.

Full Kalos pokedex with pictures. All it's missing is any event legendaries, which would bring the total to just over 70.

H2fGobS.jpg

Ok, so what is the difference between the versions?

Like game-wise. Various Pokemon's or things in-game???

From the looks of it, I might go with the X version, but i'm not sure yet.

The only difference is a few version exclusive pokemon. You can just trade for the others if you want them anyway.

Also, a few Pokemon have different Mega Evolutions based on the game. For example, Mega Charizard in Pokemon X is a Dragon/Fire type while in Pokemon Y he is a Fire/Flying. Mega Mewtwo is also different in both versions. Just something else to consider.

But if you trade a Pokemon while it's holding a version exclusive mega stone to the other version. Then that guy has both Mega Evolutions.

Example: Trading a Charmander with Charizardnite X to Pokemon Y.

I'm getting X though, so I can't give you Y exclusive mega stones.

But if you trade a Pokemon while it's holding a version exclusive mega stone to the other version. Then that guy has both Mega Evolutions.

Example: Trading a Charmander with Charizardnite X to Pokemon Y.

I'm getting X though, so I can't give you Y exclusive mega stones.

But they don't actually Mega-evolve until the first turn of a battle. So it could still turn out that there's only one Charizardnite, and it evolves into X or Y based on which game you're playing it in.

I think they announced that there are 2 mega evolve items (???nite X and ???nite Y) so it would be possible to give someone the other mega-stone.

If it is like what you are saying then I think that is a bad idea, tbh :indiff:.

I'm not much of a competitive battler but I do enjoy a battle :). My team would likely be:
Jolteon
Greninja
Venusaur (Would pick squirtle but I want variety).
Talonflame
Tyrantrum
Xerneas (I always have the main legendary on my team (except in HG, I kinda failed to catch Ho-oh))

I believe the items you're talking about are Mewtonite X and Mewtonite Y. They turn Mewtwo into Mega Mewtwo X or Mega Mewtwo Y depending on the version you have.

Last edited:
Nick Skyline
I believe the items you're talking about are Mewtonite X and Mewtonite Y. They turn Mewtwo into Mega Mewtwo X or Mega Mewtwo Y depending on the version you have.

What's their difference?

There is also 2 different Mega Charizard Evolutions.

...but isn't possible to give Mewtwonite X two some one who has Pokemon Y and vise versa?

I'll transfer over all my pokemon from White 2 and make multiple teams. Having one team only is just asking to be beaten, especially if it has no cohesion.

Granted, I'll have to wait until Pokemon bank is released.

I only have 1 team per game but I train different Pokemon seperatly too. All my teams from other games are now in Black 2 (including my Black 2 team) ready to be shipped.

I haven't played Pokemon Black and White before. Might be good games but I need an Acekard for that.

Back