POLL. If you want standard cars to stay, why do you want them to stay?

Why do you want standards to stay?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There are many threads about standards in GT series.
And I just wonder why GTP users want standard cars to stay.

Are you PD employee by any chance ? I heard GT7 will keep standard cars, if PD want to go that route, better include all the cars from GT1 to GT4 that are not on GT5 and GT6. Vector and Venturi for example, make them at least in standard premium like RUF, and I'll be glad.

Are you PD employee by any chance ? I heard GT7 will keep standard cars, if PD want to go that route, better include all the cars from GT1 to GT4 that are not on GT5 and GT6. Vector and Venturi for example, make them at least in standard premium like RUF, and I'll be glad.
No, I'm just a student and 17 years old.

If they remove standards they will be removing almost 80% of the cars from the game. The large car count is one of the selling points for the GT series. If they remove all the standards that would be a huge loss. Almost everyone would lose a car they enjoy.

Standards have come a LONG way since the release of GT5. A long way. I really like how well they handled standards in GT6.

Bottom line is that they really need to FINISH all the standards. Get them all up to premium quality. Removing the cars is not the correct option IMO.

Last edited:
Shouldnt lose a car it should be remodeled but if i have only a choice of a standard model i will use it , as a gran turismo vet , i learned with bumper cam in gt1 i never seen the cars i drove only in the replays.

Because I like QUANTITY.
Sure that quality also matters, but you know, fully modeling premium cars takes so long to do, and if they focus so much at quality and graphics detail we end up having much less cars. Therefore the best bet is a bit of both, standard and premiums together.
Since i dont use the overrated cockpit view, I dont care about detailed cockpits. They are not really necessary for driving the cars.

Biased poll is biased.

No excuse. Cars in GT7 need to be all Premium, even if Kaz already shamefully admitted that he will carry them on. To this point I don't care about standards. I've forced myself to stay away from them. It hurts me because there are a couple of cars that I love that are Standard. But I can't continue supporting this lack of effort by the developer.

So PD better step up to their reputation, grab all the important Standard models (200 the least. Less than that is unacceptable) and make them Premium.

No excuses. Detailed interior or no deal, PD. Put all that earned cash that we give you to work!!!

I just spend a long time car shopping at the GT6 dealership, looking and picking what Standard model to buy. They look okay for me. Besides, this being a racing simulator, if they have the car, then you can drive it around and experience how it feels like to drive the car. Don't get me wrong, I like to see them in full detail, but the developers have made so much already that I can understand why the texture updating is going slowly. Imagine having to return back to the manufacturers, send the team, and carefully measure the vehicle again. There is a giant catalogue of cars waiting to be modeled. By GT7 you would have half the car list modeled. I'd be patient, not fuss over them, and just face it.

Some people like quality, others like quantity. But you can enjoy the quality LOOKS of the premium cars, and just the FEELS of the standards.

I love how people think that standard cars are still in the game because PD is lazy.

There is a cost to upgrading the cars and I bet many people who hate standards would not be willing to give up new tracks and new cars to upgrade old cars that only a handful of people really care about. We do see them upgrading the quality of the cars, it just might not be the one YOU want, but overall are probably the more popular ones.

I loved using the Mazda 787b but I hated how it looked. Now its one of the best looking cars in the game. Am I happy they chose to upgrade that one of a 1980s random Skyline? YOU BET!

I'll bet the vast majority of the cars we drive that are in Gran Turismo are standards, not many of us can afford the old race cars and brand new supercars lol. I dunno about you guys, but I think it's a lot of fun buying your car and tuning it up to impossible specs. I would have a helluva lot less fun if my AE86 wasn't in the game, I couldn't care less if it didn't have an interior.

We could easily ditch the duplicate standard models or the alternate trim levels with little to no difference from other standards/premiums. But, there are so many really cool cars that are standard only. I love the Polo Cup and Beetle Cup cars, and those are only standard. Several older race cars are standard only ... 787B, GT RX-7 LM, etc.

I say update them to premium ...

Take away my 1983 Mitsubishi Lancer 1800GSR drift toy and I'll raise hell. If that car was premium I would be sooooo happy...It originally came out in 1980 with about 135 hp, but they added an intercooler in 1983 for 160 hp.

In 1981 there was a Lancer EX 2000 Turbo with 170 hp. Not sure why that didn't make the cut.
81-lancer-lancer.jpg

I don't use standards ever, quality > quantity every time. I don't need 1000's of cars I just want a decent selection.
Forza 5 managed to pump out a few hundred very spiffy looking cars in quite a short time, with the development cycle of GT I don't see why they can't do 1000 and still keep the ridiculous quantity.

Because 3000 GT VR-4/GTO Twin Turbo, Tommy Kaira ZZII, Cadillac Cien, Ruf RGT, Ruf CTR2, Speed 12, VW Nardo, Saleen S7, BMW M3 GTR... (continues rant into the sunset...)

Simple answer is, why should they go? Don't give me the 'more room on disk for other cars' reason either.

I think they should stay, purely because already the GT series has lost so many great cars since GT1/GT2 and they have never returned. At least if they are still in the game - in a PS2/3 standard, there's still a chance they'll eventually be tidied up - Polyphony may even hire a couple of people to just work on standard cars (if they aren't already doing so).

If memory serves me right the cars in GT4 took about a month or so to make, one + months to make one car. That is actually a long time. Effectively they'd be getting rid of someones hard work just because a handful of players are sick of looking at it, or don't want to drive it.

Then there is the other excuse. A number of standard cars are 'normal' ish cars that could be, and are, owned by a lot of people who play Gran Turismo. I know almost exactly what it is like to have your real life car removed from a GT game (the R32 Skyline GTS-4 from GT2, even though mine is a four door).

Basically, just ignore the car if you don't want to buy it - no-one is forcing you to.

Back