The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
Although this "articulated design" sounds like a cool idea, it also sounds like it would be disastrous trying to take it around a tight course (Like Cote De Azure)

0SUbj9BXJOc.jpg

If the final car we're getting really is articulated, then that's really cool to have in a GT game.

I always excited for this VGT.

My interpretation of what is a VGT Car.

To me I think a VGT is different for each Brand. Some it's a platform to showcase a concept car, others it may be to showcase a concept idea, and others to to try things they normally wouldn't. The point is I see its different for each Brand & PD was very smart to leave a lot of room for interpretation by the Brands. No 2 VGT are about the exact same thing, but they all are a medium to try new things, test out ideas in a comprehensive interactive venue that has never before been available to them, or to us as consumers.

VGT is brilliant and the most innovative concept to come to racing video games I've seen so far.

I really hope at least one of the Vision GT cars looks really articulated like the Alpine's concept. I doubt It will happen but just imagine the visual quality of GT6 and the crazy design of the car combined, and to take a picture in game? Pretty amazing sight.

In that case it has no place here.

Well, on some websites speaking about this car, I often read "in the same vein as the VGT concept cars...." But that is just speculation, as always..

Just to show what the young Infinity designers can do.

Sorry

Well, on some websites speaking about this car, I often read "in the same vein as the VGT concept cars...." But that is just speculation, as always..

Just to show what the young Infinity designers can do.

Sorry
Hold on, Infiniti is working on a VGT car. They're on the list, and the lead designer from the Nissan Concept 2020 mentioned that they are indeed working on it and that it will be very different from the Nissan. But I doubt it's this car.

Hold on, Infiniti is working on a VGT car. They're on the list, and the lead designer from the Nissan Concept 2020 mentioned that they are indeed working on it and that it will be very different from the Nissan. But I doubt it's this car.
It's not. That's an LA Design challenge car, not a VGT.

Both the Subaru and Chaparral are on the GT website, so I take them as confirmed. The Alpine I don't know about but there was a lot of talk about it recently,
They indeed are confirmed, but we're only sure of the approximate release of one of them (The GM/Chappy).

There was discussion on a possible design for the Daihatsu VGT a ways back and I knew I saw something that represented a direction they could go with it, but I couldn't remember where I saw it or what it was. So here it is:

Mitsubishi-iMiEV-Pikes-Peak-1.jpg

Now that's obviously indicated as a Mitsubishi, but a Mitsubishi kei car with a clear line toward something with a bit of performance.

The VIZIV VGT starts with Sports Soft tires, and yes, dirt and snow tires are available. Here goes the new age of Mitsubishi Vs. Subaru! :D

I'm quite liking the Viziv, haven't tried it on better tyres yet to compare it to the other VGT's, but it's numbers suggest it should be faster than it is... It's lack of forward traction out of bends really hurts it, though you can nail the power really early without fear of spinning... though it will plough a bit.

Back