The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
Haven't posted on here in years, so I apologize if this question is in the wrong place.
I've noticed that you can repaint some of the VGT cars, but if you paint them, is there any way to recover the original paint color(s), since you don't receive a paint chip?

Haven't posted on here in years, so I apologize if this question is in the wrong place.
I've noticed that you can repaint some of the VGT cars, but if you paint them, is there any way to recover the original paint color(s), since you don't receive a paint chip?
Sadly you can't recover the original paint. The only thing you'd be able to do is buy the car again with the original paint.

https://www.gtplanet.net/alfa-romeo-apparently-withdraws-from-vision-gt-project/

tumblr_ne2rqh8ZFD1so29l3o1_500.gif

Does anyone know yet whether any of the VIZIV colors are available upon purchase? Oh yeah, since nobody's mentioned it (that I've seen), I thought I'd state that this one appears to be the first that allows a wheel style change.

Not a VGT but a beautiful design by Infinity for their Sinaptiq Concept.
I love to see what they are able to do! Like a beautiful and class Red Bull X :bowdown:

1416163579-s0-l-a-design-challenge-infiniti-presente-synaptiq-337554.jpg

1416163582-s0-l-a-design-challenge-infiniti-presente-synaptiq-337548.jpg

1416163584-s0-l-a-design-challenge-infiniti-presente-synaptiq-337545.jpg

1416163584-s0-l-a-design-challenge-infiniti-presente-synaptiq-337544.jpg

1416163580-infiniti-synaptiq-001-970x548-c.jpg

1416163578-infiniti-synaptiq-2.jpg
I just saw this on a Top Gear article. I wonder why this is not a Vision GT candidate!
This could have been awesome....

Okay, so on the subject of things that aren't VGT's, the Citroen GT .... Think I'm going to start doing some comparitive runs with it against the other VGT's. It's not a VGT by name, but clearly in concept, and if the Laser powered chappy counts as a car at all, then I think I can let the Citroen count as a Vision Gran Turismo.

Okay, so on the subject of things that aren't VGT's, the Citroen GT .... Think I'm going to start doing some comparitive runs with it against the other VGT's. It's not a VGT by name, but clearly in concept, and if the Laser powered chappy counts as a car at all, then I think I can let the Citroen count as a Vision Gran Turismo.

Well, the GT is not a VGT by name, but the concept stays more or less the same. It is a concept car developed in collaboration with PD for Gran Turismo, a futuristic take on the Gran Turismo (the car class) car. It's the perfomance that I wonder about. The Citröen doesn't hit 600 pp, does it?

Ah yeah, I checked. The concept version hits 688 pp, the quote on quote "road-going" version hits 574. The race car is between both at 626 pp. So does this mean that the GT could beat most of the VGT cars?
Potentially, a big plus being the fact that all versions can be tuned. Mind you, the "road car" can be upgraded a fair bit, and can hit 600pp with just 600hp (MP4 only musters 581pp with that much power, due primarily to the lack of adjustable downforce).

Ah yeah, I checked. The concept version hits 688 pp, the quote on quote "road-going" version hits 574. The race car is between both at 626 pp. So does this mean that the GT could beat most of the VGT cars?

I haven't tested the Race Car yet, but so far it seems the concept and the road car are not on the pace of the VGT's.

edit: Gave the CGT Race Car a quick blast around Brands GP earlier, and it's on a pace with the BMW and the like, but still behind the other VGT race-car, the FT-1.

Last edited:
I finally voted :) is there a threshold where the mods will sticky it?

I have no clue. I guess importance/significance is the the only reason why. Maybe the VGT concept or VGT release history isn`t worth to be a sticky thread. At least I proved to update my threads constantly.

What makes me perplex is: One out of four doesn`t care. :(

INFINITI VGT TEASED

"New concept art for the INFINITI CONCEPT Vision Gran Turismo has been released.

Stay tuned for more updates including the official unveiling coming soon!"

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_1135714.html

i1L38DwILV0N6EE.jpg

i1Rr2xVXm4y99cc.jpg

Hey, it's Infiniti! And their car already looks better than the Nissan 2020, despite the fact that Infiniti used the same mould as most of the other brands (2 door GT car with a spoiler). Can't wait to see the finished product...

This is unexpected, I was sure that Alpine would have been next. I wonder if it'll come with the 2X in the next update?

This is unexpected, I was sure that Alpine would have been next. I wonder if it'll come with the 2X in the next update?

Join the group, I myself was expecting Alpine to reveal their VGT car before Infiniti. :odd: As for the second question, tough guess, since by that logic the Subaru and the 2X should've been the pair of VGTs released on the latest update. Two VGT's on one update wouldn't hurt though.

Also, isn't it ironic we were speaking of Infiniti's L.A. concept and now they are releasing their car after GM? Too bad it isn't a similar car, but what can you do.

It looks okay, we need more VGT's that rival each other directly for good VGT racing! And please... no more holding down buttons to get boost from the Hybrid... my thumbs aren't long enough to hit R2 on my wheel whilst driving properly with two hands... the Nissan 2020 is a pain in the ass!

edit:

Great News... we have a release date!!!

10845934_10154883146650048_1978630971020045543_n.png

SOON! :D :lol:

It looks okay, we need more VGT's that rival each other directly for good VGT racing! And please... no more holding down buttons to get boost from the Hybrid... my thumbs aren't long enough to hit R2 on my wheel whilst driving properly with two hands... the Nissan 2020 is a pain in the ass!

Wait, you have to do that to get power from the Nissan's hybrid system? I thought it was one of those "push accel and you get power" systems...

Also, I kinda wonder how will Infiniti's grille fit on this, I fear that the front end may also go the Nissan way and look out of place. But I guess having equal perfomance to other VGT's is good. And there's another question too; will it use a unique sound like the Viziv and the 2X?

Wait, you have to do that to get power from the Nissan's hybrid system? I thought it was one of those "push accel and you get power" systems...

There is a boost in power if you hit whatever button is mapped for Nitro. IIRC you have to be at max throttle for it to work, It's most noticeable in simple straightline acceleration above about 90mph. It drains the battery quicker though, mashing boost all the time is only possible for 2-4 laps of a standard length circuit, depending on the straights.

There is a boost in power if you hit whatever button is mapped for Nitro. IIRC you have to be at max throttle for it to work, It's most noticeable in simple straightline acceleration above about 90mph. It drains the battery quicker though, mashing boost all the time is only possible for 2-4 laps of a standard length circuit, depending on the straights.

Aah, so that's it. Thanks for clarifying. :)👍 I guess pad users have less problems with button mapping on these situations, at least that's what I think. My Nitro button is R1, and both R2 and L2 are my gear change buttons, so my fingers can cover up all those.

Back