Votes: 128 31.4%
  • Shuffle Racing

Votes: 11 2.7%
  • B-spec

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • GT 7: Prologue

Votes: 103 25.3%

• Total voters
Unfortunately, GT6 doesn't have that "first game on new hardware get out of jail free card", hence (at least most of) the complaints are now justified.
Neither did GT5. Many people forget that PD released GT HD Concept as well as GT5 Prologue all well before GT5 was launched roughly 4 (!) years after the PS3 launch. They had plenty of time and opportunity to get to know the hardware, as well as the public reception on the Concept and Prologue. And I'm not even mentioning all the other 1st party developers that managed to get out great (sometimes multiple) games in the same timeframe. IMO, GT5P was the most well-rounded game of them all, though lacking in amount of content of course.

That said, both GT5 and GT6 sold a lot of copies, so they're both commercial successes. I'm just thinking about how long PD can get away with releasing half-baked ideas. If they really want to pull off their 'GT as a platform' strategy, they need to please both ends of the spectrum; not just the companies providing VGTs and GPS integration features but especially the customers buying your product. If the latter go away, there will be no more companies investing in it either.

Ok. Next I predict some Senna content (cars, clothes), and maybe a south-American track. It's all going to be DLC except people who bought the Senna package will probably get it for free. Weather that "free" includes the track or not I don't know. And that will be it 'till the end (30th) of May when GT5 servers close. That will be a whole different story.

I choose gt7 prologue. Just because I feel like they just care about getting money. In gt5 their was a lot more happening. In gt6 I feel like they have left the game as is. I mean most games that have a series for instance don't leave out things from past series' Gran Turismo has done this... For instance right now I'm playing Mlb the show 14. Whatever feature that was in 13 it's in 14...

Things that are pretty important to me that we're in gt5 that are not in gt6 are- disable collision!!!! Top speed track testing course, 1/4, 1/2, & top speed testing I'm meaning. Community features , shuffle racing

Community features, Zahara de la Sierra circuit (maybe...) and a special DLC pack of Ayrton Senna's Career with some F1 cars from 80's - mid 90's, 1-2 tracks (Interlagos and maybe Imola), and some new Career races from Senna's career. The update will be released on 1st May or at the end of April... guys, cross your fingers 👍

Imola is hardly a good track to remember Senna!!!

Um yeah, I don't know why people keep suggesting Imola as part of the Senna package. How on earth would they market that in a positive way? Not to mention all the morons you would have going out and reproducing his crash then posting it on YouTube. PD are silly, they're not THAT silly.

Albeit that could happen, but you're really only looking at a singular negative side to the track.

Albeit that could happen, but you're really only looking at a singular negative side to the track.

There is nothing wrong with PD releasing the track in general, of course. Releasing it as part of a Senna package however, would be stupid. There is only really one connection between the two, and that is his tragic death. How do you release those two together with a positive spin on it?

"...and you can drive the track Senna died on"

No.

"...and you can change history, drive on the track as Senna but don't get killed"

No.

"....as Senna take to the wheel at Imola and recreate his tragic death"

No.

There is not one positive way you could spin Imola in a Senna DLC package.

There is nothing wrong with PD releasing the track in general, of course. Releasing it as part of a Senna package however, would be stupid. There is only really one connection between the two, and that is his tragic death. How do you release those two together with a positive spin on it?

No.

"...and you can change history, drive on the track as Senna but don't get killed"

No.

No.

It is the track he took his second F1 pole position and also his last one.

No.

No.

No.

You could try not mentioning the fact that he died there, and talk about how he raced there, just an idea.

What, and hope nobody notices the connection? Are you suggesting they promote the track in a Senna DLC pack and just ignore the fact it's the track that took his life?

I think you're getting a little sensitive here, don't think of negatives all the time.

Be positive.

I'm not sensitive, I just don't see any positives to releasing that track as part of a Senna anniversary pack. That's all. It'd be like releasing a Dan Wheldon tribute pack and including Las Vegas Motor Speedway. It's just all kinds of wrong.

A release of this kind is meant to celebrate the life of the person involved, not include all the components of their death and somehow promote that as a good thing.

No.

No.

No.

Agreed, it would be a huge marketing blunder no matter how they spin it. I'd still give it a slight chance of happening anyway, PD being PD, but Interlagos is a more likely bet along with a Senna kart track, real or imaginary. The Senna promo was on the box in South America, it would be ideal to include a South American track and tie it all together that way.

I definitely hope, GT6's online features will be enhanced soon. Had not played GT6 for about 2 months until last week when I played online with some friends again. It was fantastic. Single player bores me and I really wish for some new challenges (e.g. new tracks with additional A-spec events), an improved AI and most of all: enhanced online features soon.

The BMW Vision GT car will be released next as the next update was listed below 1.06

untitleddaptq.png

untitledkxps5.png

Aren't BMW showing off a concept car at the New York Auto Show? We'll probably get it this week?

The BMW Vision GT car will be released next as the next update was listed below 1.06

untitleddaptq.png

untitledkxps5.png

Aren't BMW showing off a concept car at the New York Auto Show? We'll probably get it this week?

I read somwhere they were going to show 2 concepts at the Villa d'Este Concours. I have a suspicion the BMW VGT will more likely be revealed there.

Imola is hardly a good track to remember Senna!!!

Imagine a driving test where you recreate the fatal crash...
Though that would mean that they're working on a nice crash model and some F1 cars, that would account for the time it takes, everything suddenly sound very promising.

No.

No.

No.

How would you feel about "Ayrton Senna Content plus 'An All-New Track," the all-new track being Imola but not marketed with the Senna content?

I honestly don't get this thread apart from being another avenue for discussing discontent...really, how is anyone not privy to such information supposed to have any clue as to what will be released in the next update?

As for what people want released next, the only line of discussion that really makes any sense, I'm most intrigued by Shuffle Racing (if it's what I imagine it was in GT5 and will be in GT6). I didn't indicate it in the poll, though, simply because of the non-specific nature of the polling subject.

How would you feel about "Ayrton Senna Content plus 'An All-New Track," the all-new track being Imola but not marketed with the Senna content?

I honestly don't get this thread apart from being another avenue for discussing discontent...really, how is anyone not privy to such information supposed to have any clue as to what will be released in the next update?

As for what people want released next, the only line of discussion that really makes any sense, I'm most intrigued by Shuffle Racing (if it's what I imagine it was in GT5 and will be in GT6). I didn't indicate it in the poll, though, simply because of the non-specific nature of the polling subject.

The Senna content is a great idea.

In terms of tracks, Senna was most synonymous with Monaco and Interlagos. We have Monaco, so let's hope it is Interlagos. That is a fabulous track.

I'll be happy with just an MP4/4 :)

I remember reading an article that said the Senna content will be seperated into several parts?

Driving on the track where Senna died would be sad for me, i wouldn't drive on that track too often.

Last edited:
I had no idea where Senna fatally crashed at until you said that. I just don't follow F-1 enough.... So, for me, getting a track he poll positioned on would be impressive.

That's an easy task...ayrton was the "king of pole positions" With over 60(65 i believe) pole positions in his career. Until schumi, most people didn't think this record would've been beaten by anybody.
Btw there are 4 tracks in game he pp'd, monza, suzuka, spa and silverstone
Edit
He also ran in brands hatch with a f1 car.
The two race tracks that should appear in the game are donington park(he loved it and where he did his first f1 test in a williams) and interlagos.

Last edited:
I suspect a lot of the real-life tracks in GT6 had someone died racing on it at some point of time. Same goes for most of the cars in the game (racing or non-racing cars). Driving the car's, or on the track's has nothing to do with disrespecting anyone. We can recreate real life deadly crashes in the game with the exact same car's and track's right now. I don't see anyone posting video's about it on youtube and making fun of it.

We should, and do, have respect for anyone who does anything good to people, weather they'd be famous or not. A racing driver or not. Alive or dead. You pay respect to a dead person by not talking negatively about them after they died. And only talking and showing the positive thing's they left behind. Perhaps even participate; even with the least of what you can give; physically or financially to the positive causes the dead person believed in. Or continue the positive message's they were trying to spread.

We respect all the dead Rally driver's, NASCAR driver's, F1 driver's, Drag-racing driver's and anyone who put his energy on a positive cause.

Anything related to Ayrton Senna in the game will be something positive.

I suspect a lot of the real-life tracks in GT6 had someone died racing on it at some point of time. Same goes for most of the cars in the game (racing or non-racing cars). Driving the car's, or on the track's has nothing to do with disrespecting anyone. We can recreate real life deadly crashes in the game with the exact same car's and track's right now. I don't see anyone posting video's about it on youtube and making fun of it.

We should, and do, have respect for anyone who does anything good to people, weather they'd be famous or not. A racing driver or not. Alive or dead. You pay respect to a dead person by not talking negatively about them after they died. And only talking and showing the positive thing's they left behind. Perhaps even participate; even with the least of what you can give; physically or financially to the positive causes the dead person believed in. Or continue the positive message's they were trying to spread.

We respect all the dead Rally driver's, NASCAR driver's, F1 driver's, Drag-racing driver's and anyone who put his energy on a positive cause.

Anything related to Ayrton Senna in the game will be something positive.

It is something very different though when you release a package dedicated to Senna and in that package you include the track on which he died. There would an immediate association with Senna's death. So releasing Imola together with the Senna package would be rather tactless.

It's very important that we speculate on what we think PD will do. That's the topic, not what we want to see.
I'm sure most of us will want all of the promised features as soon as possible.
And just because we don't know what PD will release doesn't stop us speculating, the forums would be very empty if everything would be based on solid facts published by PD or Sony.

Back