POLL: Would You Like The Option Of Changeable Race Numbers For All Cars?

• Thread starter VBR
  • 42 comments

Would You Like The Option Of Changeable Racing Numbers For All Cars?

• Total voters
A 'Racing Number' on a Road car would just look silly :P

Can you imagine a bare road car with Racing Numbers plastered over it(?) :lol:

Yes, I can.

404017_10151176203653092_384803613_n.jpg

I was the driver... :dopey:

That same number plate's going on my Impreza wagon this year.

:-/

This topic died almost two years ago now.

While I'm bothering with a reply:
livery editor > race numbers for all cars > GT5

Tell that to the OP, since he just posted a link to this thread...

The option wouldn't hurt. If I wanted the car to stay representative of a certain team, I just wouldn't change the number. On fictional racecars like the NSX-R Prototype or the Ford GT Spec II LM Racecar, it would be kinda cool to change the number.

Edit, I didn't realize this was a two year old rehashed topic, lol.

XS
The option wouldn't hurt. If I wanted the car to stay representative of a certain team, I just wouldn't change the number. On fictional racecars like the NSX-R Prototype or the Ford GT Spec II LM Racecar, it would be kinda cool to change the number.

Plus, street cars converted to race cars...

404017_10151176203653092_384803613_n.jpg

I was the driver... :dopey:

That same number plate's going on my Impreza wagon this year.

This is what RM's are.

Quote from earlier in the thread. My Hyundai Accent had a number plate, but, wasn't heavily modified - or even at all.

Again, street cars modified into race cars don't even have to be modified in terms of performance. It's easy; put it on a closed circuit, with a number, and a class/grouping, and it's in a race.

I took my Accent autocrossing. That's a race against the clock, with other cars in my class, and numbers. It was a car I used in a race. It was a racing car. Not heavily modified, it was entirely stock. But, that just makes my point more valid.

It doesn't have to be made out of carbon fiber, have a rollcage, and have Formula 1 aerodynamics to be a racing car. That's where the words "purpose built" come into play.

A 'Racing Number' on a Road car would just look silly :P

Can you imagine a bare road car with Racing Numbers plastered over it(?) :lol:

So I'm guessing you've never seen the Civic RM, or the Elise 96 RM then? Many of the RM cars are quite "bare".

:P

VBR
So I'm guessing you've never seen the Civic RM, or the Elise 96 RM then? Many of the RM cars are quite "bare".

:P

Or any racing car that isn't much more than the road car with a gutted interior, for that matter.

The difference between the Monte Carlo winning Mini Coopers from the 1960s is that they added one more fog light and painted numbers on the doors.

The difference between the Monte Carlo winning Mini Coopers from the 1960s is that they added one more fog light and painted numbers on the doors.

I think they did a bit more than that, though the rest of the differences likely weren't noticeable from the outside.

sparkytooth, you have #55, I'll have #51, and someone else can have #69.

Update 1.10 in GT6:

"More Car Number Customization Options

More cars have been made compatible with the [Driver Number] feature in the [Garage]. There is also an increased selection of [Base] sheet designs on which the numbers can be displayed."

It only took them three & a half years to implement! ;)

Thanks PD. :cheers:

Back