Pontiac Fiero

• Thread starter Dr1ft3d
  • 19 comments
upload pics through imageshack or tinypic...
and yes we have another fiero owner on the forum

And if you take the link of the pics and put them between images tags you get this ;):
scaled.php

I've always had a soft spot for these cars. Needs lowered bit and a proper duck tail spoiler to bring out all of the 80s glory!

Never understood why people liked these things. It's great that you have it but I always considered it one of the little rotboxes on the side of the road. It's in great shape though, nice find!

Possibly because it's a weird little mid-engined car. Sort of like the Toyota MR2 in the sense that it's like a Ferrari but cheaper and not made by Ferrari.

Will.i.am had one because he couldn't afford a Ferrari.

It is definitely a tidy example for its age. I hope you have as much fun in it as I do in my MR2.

I've always liked them because they are so different from just about everything else in it's price range except for the MR2. Both are interesting and fun, but the MR2 is lighter, faster, and more reliable. Doesn't mean that they aren't fun and IMO good looking.

YES A FIERO! :lol: Be careful and always keep an eye on your oil as well as for any leaks near the manifold, that is one way the can catch fire. Pontiac added a shield I think on the later 87-88 models to prevent this. Also if it ever runs really hot almost to the danger side, for one check the coolant pipes that run along under the car under the doors. Technicians can tend to carelessly put the contact pads from the lifts on to the pipes and kink or crush them.

My grandma owns an 88 Formula notch V6 model and she lets me drive it. She even said she would hand it down to me when she can't handle it anymore, but she is still holding it. :lol:

So far the little thing is holding up good. Found a valve cover ghasket leak a few weeks after buying it and it has a HUGE turning radius. Definitely turns heads though.

I only noticed the last two days trying to keep up with my friend's mustang. Taking a few turns faster then normal driving or pulling into walmart and gun it wile turning. Straight ahead I go.

Dr1ft3d
I only noticed the last two days trying to keep up with my friend's mustang. Taking a few turns faster then normal driving or pulling into walmart and gun it wile turning. Straight ahead I go.

Your 84 is going to handle worse than Flamrdogg's 88, the 88s have different suspension thats thats better than any of the previous years.

Last edited:
88 is when the went with the 3 link suspension. Not only that, they the 84 is wayyyy different than the 88 in terms of suspension and engine cradle.

Back