Possible hint to new-gen GT technologies in new VGT's trailers?

Stylel_Code

(Banned)
France
France
stylel-soheib
In the infiniti trailer we can see a lightning rendered in real time and also reflecting on the car and the landscape, I wonder, is it something we can imagine seeing in the new-gen GT?

1418998776-capture.jpg

1418998776-capture3.jpg

1418998776-capture4.jpg

1418998801-capture5.jpg

And we all remember the "foggy" nurburgring in the Nissan VGT teaser:

1418998889-capture6.jpg

What do you think?

Well, we don't really know if these trailers were actually made with GT6's engine, or an improved version that is far too powerful for the PS3 to render. But it is hard to tell, and it's not a new thing either. Dating all the way back to the Acura NSX Concept trailer, with its glimpses of the Seattle Circuit and a few extra things. Is this GT7's future? It's a tricky question to answer.

Well, Taku Imasaki did tell Jordan that GT6 would have a feature that allows you to race the tracks with real-time weather recreating real-life conditions. We have yet to see that in GT6, so maybe there is a weather update incoming and the real-time weather is part of it. Or maybe not; this is just speculation, after all. Don't wanna start the hype train yet again.

It might also be worth noting that there is a similar thick bluish fog in the game already, but it's at Apricot Ring rather than the Nürburgring.

I think those and all other GT6 trailers ( VGT, concepts and promo ) are rendered on PD developer PCs, will they be used on GT7 remains to be seen until the actual GT7 can be played. PD loves to spice up trailer videos with added effects and higher rendering quality ( resolution, aliasing, texture, fps etc )

Say what you will about PD, but with GT5 they made a beautiful game with what they had to work with. They did the same and better with GT6. Whatever the "standard" is for looks on the PS4, I expect PD to smash them with GT7.
It will have flaws and be lacking something, I'm sure. It will not be perfect. But it will be beautiful and will be the standard for PS4 games until GT8 comes around.

OP where the dubbed sounds in all of PD's trailers a hint of what was to come in GT6? They're just blowing smoke up our arses hoping this is what we think.

What about this picture...
infiniti-concept-vision-gt-5.jpg
Well it says GT6 on the pic so PD still clearly like to fool people

Edit: He cant blame translatorsan for that

Whatever the "standard" is for looks on the PS4, I expect PD to smash them with GT7.
It will have flaws and be lacking something, I'm sure. It will not be perfect. But it will be beautiful and will be the standard for PS4 games until GT8 comes around.

I don't know, I think Driveclub is going to be hard to beat and will hold that crown for a while yet, especially if GT7 is going to have double the frame rate and more cars on track to process. Some pictures of DC from Neogaf.

I don't know, I think Driveclub is going to be hard to beat and will hold that crown for a while yet, especially if GT7 is going to have double the frame rate and more cars on track to process. Some pictures of DC from Neogaf.
I don't know about that, I think GT7 will manage to look way better than DriveClub. I'm not worried about how GT7 will look. In my opinion GT6 looks better than most (if not all) of the games on PS3.

I don't know about that, I think GT7 will manage to look way better than DriveClub. I'm not worried about how GT7 will look. In my opinion GT6 looks better than most (if not all) of the games on PS3.
I don't know how PD will work with Framerates this time around, Evo locked the game at 30fps to make it as beautiful as it is, and if PD locks at 30fps many will surely be angry again.

I don't know how PD will work with Framerates this time around, Evo locked the game at 30fps to make it as beautiful as it is, and if PD locks at 30fps many will surely be angry again.
I'm sure they'll work their way around it, they have a lot more experience with all of that they'll probably be able to push the PS4 to its "limit" (until they understand the system even more to push the limits even further) just like they did with the PS3. It's probably the only area where I have complete faith in them.

I'm sure they'll work their way around it, they have a lot more experience with all of that they'll probably be able to push the PS4 to its "limit" (until they understand the system even more to push the limits even further) just like they did with the PS3. It's probably the only area where I have complete faith in them.
But still, the same technological limits that apply to other developers apply to them. It's just a matter of how they deal with them.

Is not hard to beat Driveclub in gameplay...because this game don't look 'next-gen' to me...

The renders of the Infiniti look way better than what you would find on a PS3. If these renders translate to graphics for the PS4 than I'll be satisfied.

Yeah, I had a feeling all VGT game footage and the GT6 intro is being rendered on PS4.
The videos never look "pre rendered" but in game, however the framerate is way to stable for its great image quality. The lightning etc just near confirms it for me.

Its probably closer to PD cheating and enhancing their gameplay trailers.
Cheating, like using PS4 dev kits to render the trailer. Wouldnt be the first time its done in the game industry. I remember Hideo Kojima doing that on Metal Gear Solid Special VR Missions on PS1. They used a PS2 dev kit to make the intro.

Last edited:
All of PD's trailers use their own game engine and assets. Everything looks super nice because it's pre-rendered, but it's all based on technology they have. I don't doubt this type of stuff showing up in the future.

I think it's all pre-rendered, same as the gt6 intro which has the graphical fidelity of the replays but runs at 60fps. Most of these videos use the actual models used in game but feature better reflections and lighting, kind of like the way gt6 pre-renders the photomode pictures. Saying this is "ps4 technology" is quite a stretch, i doubt pd would use the same engine, the ps4's architecture is drastically different to the ps3's.

Here's a weather shot from an upcoming PS4 game which kind of tells you that the weather effects you're seeing in the teasers and trailers are quite likely to come to GT7:

Project-Cars-1.jpg

Fog, mists, puddling, track drying realistically, raindrops, reflections etc. should all be enhanced dramatically on the PS4:

14046249592_1970e0cb3e_o.jpg

fyVj6w8.jpg

I hope they borrow the Screen-space reflection code from Evolution! I should be quite a scalable effect, so you could have a slightly blurrier looking reflection if you want to spend half as much time processing it. Because it's just a post processed effect it also saves on having to do alternative faked road reflections like upside-down geometry (like in GT4 Tsukuba wet), and it should have a very dependable processing time no matter what is on the screen.

Last edited:
I would imagine the trailers are rendered on the computers in PD's studio. Could be a possibility that it is running on a PS3 in a high quality mode and then increased in playback speed afterwards. GT5 had a "High Quality" mode within the secret menus, the game seemed visually improved but it caused things to run in slow motion, and also resulted in much bigger replay files.

Latest Posts

Back