Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,443 comments
Economicly not viable for the insurance.

What is the car worth Vs How much in repairs...

Repairs could well be over 3k I think. New Hood, New bumper, maybe fenders, headlights probably clips broken off, and if it's xenon, it's over 1k just for that... + respray .... and knowing MB prices :ouch:

Sorry bud. But at least you are okay ;)

20150115_081953.jpg

20150115_082029.jpg

Don't worry. No one was injured. I have no one to blame except myself. I will bring Aviendha back to life, even if in another reincarnation. But she's staying off the tarmac and staying on gravel and rally crossing only.

I now have this as a daily driver. I plan to bring him, Gareth, back to his beautiful, errr, handsome, original stock self.
20150122_134915.jpg

20150122_134938.jpg

View attachment 296917

View attachment 296918

Don't worry. No one was injured. I have no one to blame except myself. I will bring Aviendha back to life, even if in another reincarnation. But she's staying off the tarmac and staying on gravel and rally crossing only.

I now have this as a daily driver. I plan to bring him, Gareth, back to his beautiful, errr, handsome, original stock self.
View attachment 296921

View attachment 296922

I was lucky to only tap a pole in the Legend the other day. I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you stuck to the Subaru name. :cheers:

Today I made some (non-race inspired) cosmetic enhancements. All easily reversible so if I ever change my mind I can just peel off whatever I don't want.

First item on the list, upgrading my courtesy lights so they actually illuminate things. It's hooked straight into the courtesy light power, so they shut off/stay on when they should.
10957745_961614213850056_4318494619378962364_n.jpg
10940617_961614130516731_5209906785139907000_n.jpg

Not so impressive in a well-lit garage, but they actually work really well at night.

10857843_961614333850044_8263544131890942792_n.jpg

Some 3M carbon fiber wrap on the dash, because I just like the way it catches light, and some matte black around the shift boot(sans the buttons). The rest will be left silver because the steering wheel is far too involved, and the AC vents and door handles provide good contrast.

And finally,
10420095_961614360516708_2493809528624888316_n.jpg

White plastidip on the wheels with a few coats of gloss.

I'm gonna have to remember to get 4 cans next time. 3 cans did it for the Dart, but I forgot just how much surface area these rims have. Gotta say, even with a couple thing spots, I really love the white on blue look. Besides, my primary reason for getting the plastidip in the first place was to protect the wheels from the salt and crap on the roads during the winter.

Today I made some (non-race inspired) cosmetic enhancements. All easily reversible so if I ever change my mind I can just peel off whatever I don't want.

First item on the list, upgrading my courtesy lights so they actually illuminate things. It's hooked straight into the courtesy light power, so they shut off/stay on when they should.
View attachment 299233 View attachment 299232
Not so impressive in a well-lit garage, but they actually work really well at night.

View attachment 299231
Some 3M carbon fiber wrap on the dash, because I just like the way it catches light, and some matte black around the shift boot(sans the buttons). The rest will be left silver because the steering wheel is far too involved, and the AC vents and door handles provide good contrast.

And finally,
View attachment 299230
White plastidip on the wheels with a few coats of gloss.

I'm gonna have to remember to get 4 cans next time. 3 cans did it for the Dart, but I forgot just how much surface area these rims have. Gotta say, even with a couple thing spots, I really love the white on blue look. Besides, my primary reason for getting the plastidip in the first place was to protect the wheels from the salt and crap on the roads during the winter.
The very first time plastidip has ever looked decent on a car.

Ouch, that looks pretty bad! What happened?
I was driving to school. This car was in the middle of the road. I turn away in an attempt to not crash. The other car then tried to turn away but ended up turning the same way I did. I turn the other way and so did the other car. Then the crash happened. Basically, instead of turning opposite directions, we turned in the same direction by mistake.

I was driving to school. This car was in the middle of the road. I turn away in an attempt to not crash. The other car then tried to turn away but ended up turning the same way I did. I turn the other way and so did the other car. Then the crash happened. Basically, instead of turning opposite directions, we turned in the same direction by mistake.

Damn, that sucks. Sorry about your car. :(

January
Pls stahp
Uve taken enuf cars with u!! !

Glad you're OK L.L., that certainly looked bad. Any guesses on speed? any idea whose at fault?
Speed was about 20 MPH/31 KmH. Honestly, it felt like we both did wrong. But none of it would have happened if the other guy stayed on the other side of the road.

Back