Votes: 85 21.0%
  • Good

Votes: 165 40.8%
  • not bad

Votes: 110 27.2%
  • I've seen better set ups at walmart

Votes: 73 18.1%

• Total voters
Thanks guys. Had to modify the keyboard tray a because otherwise the wheel wouldn't go all the way up. Couple blocks of wood and some gaffa tape and she was sorted. Trying to think of a more permanent solution though as I'm constantly retaping. :lol:

Wow, I thought I was the only one that still had a launch PS3! LOL! I have a 60 GB launch PS3 (it cost $600), which I upgraded years later to a 320 GB hard drive. Its still kicking, despite being used for several hours each week since December 2006, when I bought it. How often nowadays do we get 5 years or more out of our electronics?

Wow, I thought I was the only one that still had a launch PS3! LOL! I have a 60 GB launch PS3 (it cost $600), which I upgraded years later to a 320 GB hard drive. Its still kicking, despite being used for several hours each week since December 2006, when I bought it. How often nowadays do we get 5 years or more out of our electronics?

I still have a launch ps3 as well.

Here is my set up guys. The computer on the desk behind the right display is my gaming PC and it has a Core i5 2500K CPU and dual PNY overclocked 560ti GPUs in SLI. I get playable FPS in triple screen 5760 X 1080 resolution even in Project CARS and certainly iRacing. I also have the extra PS3s and Xbox 360s and so I run triple screen GT5 and Forza 4.

0042ha.jpg

By zero7159 at 2012-03-04

0052n.jpg

By zero7159 at 2012-03-04

Nice setup.

But dude, you can afford that sweet gaming PC and the CSR-Elite and Clubsport pedals and 3 PS3's and 3 Xbox's, but not 2 more monitors like the center one? Come on man !! :)

Sweet setup nonetheless :)

Nice setup.

But dude, you can afford that sweet gaming PC and the CSR-Elite and Clubsport pedals and 3 PS3's and 3 Xbox's, but not 2 more monitors like the center one? Come on man !! :)

Sweet setup nonetheless :)

Good question brother. I could afford to buy two extra Sony HDTVs, assuming I could find the same ones, but I cannot fit on that desk three 32 inch HDTVs. It just would not work with the aquarium on the right. As it is, about 10% of the screen of the 24 inch Dell on the right is cut off. The other option is to just buy three monitors or HDTVs of the same size, for example, three Asus 24 inch monitors which I can get from newegg.com for $200 or less each, but then I have three displays that go to waste and sit in the garage collecting dust. I also like having the big center, particularly for TV watching and non-triple screen gaming.

Since I took the pictures, I have elevated the left and right displays, such that the pictures line up from edge to edge. I am still working on getting the field of view right in Forza and GT5. The field of view adjustments in those games are much more cumbersome than on the PC.

Overall, I remain thrilled with my set up. Triple screens are the only way to go!!!

That is quite a nice setup. I like your leather seat that you have there...

Yea, pulled it from a junkyard. I didnt want to spend any money on racing style seat only for me to play racing games with.

Yea, pulled it from a junkyard. I didnt want to spend any money on racing style seat only for me to play racing games with.

If I'm quite honest it looks exactly like my seat, but mines not leather, and it's black.

Love this thread. Here's my setup.

1st.diamondplate+020.JPG

PS3 -> GT5, NFS:Hot Pursuit, F1 2010-11
PC -> F1 2012, Richard Burns Rally, Dirt, iRacing

Last edited:

I still have a launch ps3 as well.

Nice. Mines older than most, as a result of my PS2 being stolen about a month before PS3 was released in Japan. I had so much stuff for my PS2 the insurance covered the cost of a new PS3, so I found a place that would ship them over from Japan (cant even remember the name now) and its been going ever since. The only thing that still bothers me is O to select, still gets me when some games reverse it and others dont.

DSCF0407.jpg

DSCF0416.jpg

This is my first post here, but I finally bribed the wife into letting me build a sim race setup in our basement two months ago. It consists of a CSR Wheel with CSR Elite pedals and shifters, GTR GT frame, on a C4 Corvette Seat (because the stock racing seat did not, how you say, fit my 6'6" 290 lb. frame). I've got it hooked up to a Buttkicker Gamer with a 42" Sony LCD TV.

I just built a "shifter tunnel" for myself out of MDF and a whole lot of carbon fiber and red vinyl with 50 lbs of weight to keep it from moving. Right now, I'm running GT5 and Forza 4 but not PC sims yet as my wireless router signal isn't the best in the basement even with a repeater.

I intend on getting an armrest pad and cutting a hole in the shifter tunnel for a glovebox to store controllers, etc. I also plan on getting some more shakers mounted in the shifter tunnel, under the wheel itself and under the pedals.

Excuse the bad quality, they're from my phone. Pretty simple setup for me, lack of funds prevents me from improving it further at the moment :lol:

Setup1.jpg

Everything set up.

Setup2.jpg

My DFGT w/ Wheel Stand Pro. Sturdy as anything, one of the best purchases I've made.

Setup3.jpg

Behind the wheel.

Setup4.jpg

Pedals under the desk, cluttered with my amp and various things in the box. The WSP can fold up under here obviously so I can sit at my desk as normal.

Last edited:
Excuse the bad quality, they're from my phone. Pretty simple setup for me, lack of funds prevents me from improving it further at the moment :lol:

568961744.jpg

Everything set up.

568961603.jpg

My DFGT w/ Wheel Stand Pro. Sturdy as anything, one of the best purchases I've made.

568961473.jpg

Behind the wheel.

568961263.jpg

Pedals under the desk, cluttered with my amp and various things in the box. The WSP can fold up under here obviously so I can sit at my desk as normal.

I can't see the photos. Are you sure you entered the correct image URL when posting your image?

Sure I'll redo them on photobucket then 👍

EDIT: Edited into my previous post, should work now.

Works now. Nice simple setup, reminds me of my first wheel stand type setup. If you get addicted, especially to PC sim racing, your setup will only get more complex and more expensive as time goes on.

Works now. Nice simple setup, reminds me of my first wheel stand type setup. If you get addicted, especially to PC sim racing, your setup will only get more complex and more expensive as time goes on.

Cheers man 👍

I did try iRacing but it's just too expensive for a 14 year old guy with no real form of income. I'll probably try get back into it in a few years time; the new Fanatec wheel with the proposed adjustable rims is also something I'd like to save up for.

Cheers man 👍

I did try iRacing but it's just too expensive for a 14 year old guy with no real form of income. I'll probably try get back into it in a few years time; the new Fanatec wheel with the proposed adjustable rims is also something I'd like to save up for.

I also like your set up, nice and simple. It's also probably more study than my full blown rig, which shakes like mad. Look at my onboard YouTube videos of me drifting :scared: . But under normal driving conditions, it doesn't really shake that much at all.

I also like your set up, nice and simple. It's also probably more study than my full blown rig, which shakes like mad. Look at my onboard YouTube videos of me drifting :scared: . But under normal driving conditions, it doesn't really shake that much at all.

Yeah it's nice as I can get it out of the way easily if needed. Honestly, if you need a sturdy stand, google 'Wheel Stand Pro'. They're getting on for £100 but they're extremely sturdy, I get no shaking or movement at all 👍

Yeah it's nice as I can get it out of the way easily if needed. Honestly, if you need a sturdy stand, google 'Wheel Stand Pro'. They're getting on for £100 but they're extremely sturdy, I get no shaking or movement at all 👍

Nice set up. Mines pretty similar but with a Fanatec Rennsport V2 stand.

Only because I use a fixed chair which is higher than the WSP extends too. 👍

Nice set up. Mines pretty similar but with a Fanatec Rennsport V2 stand.

Only because I use a fixed chair which is higher than the WSP extends too. 👍

Cheers man. Yeah, I got the WSP because I was worried about the adjustability of the Rennsport. Just need a proper seat now; did a 600 mile race for the GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup tonight in that office chair in the picture :ouch:

Cheers man. Yeah, I got the WSP because I was worried about the adjustability of the Rennsport. Just need a proper seat now; did a 600 mile race for the GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup tonight in that office chair in the picture :ouch:

Meh? I already posted my set up on this thread, but the bracket supporting my seat is broken. And it broke in the middle of a endurance race
Face_Palm_by_Mirz123.gif
. The rig is still use-able though:

008.jpg

007.jpg

006-1.jpg

This bolt that you see here is the only thing holding the seat up...

009.jpg

005.jpg

001-1.jpg

My old rig, VERY unstable, badly painted, there was holes everywhere, no finishing coat and I used old rotten wood from my garage (didn't know that at the time)

My new rig!

008.jpg

007.jpg

013.jpg

017.jpg

I love my fast track sim shoes :)

This new rig is built like a rock, no wobble at all and on top of that it is less wide and a bit shorter then my old rig, and it looks better overall. :)

Back