IMG_20101129_135331.jpg

G25 w/ reverse mounted pedals & momo monte carlo steering wheel

IMG_20101129_135459.jpg

IMG_20101129_135341.jpg

To this!!
2010112105a.jpg

👍
2010112109.jpg

got any other pictures of the build? i work at home depot and REALLY considering a PVC Built frame. i have my b-pillars on my s13 240sx/silvia wrapped in the carbon vinyl. nice stuff!!!

you can PM me if you don't wanna post other pics.

just interested in how you mounted the seat and pieces under it... looks like its bolted to plywood.

I figured I'd give you guys the peak at my new setup... of course it's still under construction though...

Speakers installed:
speakersinstalled.jpg

Screen and all other equipment installed:
allequipmentinstalled.jpg

Straight on view:
straightonview.jpg

Speakers behind the screen:
speakersbehindscreen.jpg

GT5 on the screen:
GT501.jpg

GT5 being played with lights out from my view when driving.... sorry for the blurriness
GT502.jpg

I figured I'd give you guys the peak at my new setup... of course it's still under construction though...

Screen and all other equipment installed:
allequipmentinstalled.jpg

That CIH setup is awesome. BUT...

If you are using an acoustically transparent screen why bother with a standard center channel. Using a 3rd tower would be far superior.

edit/// nm I see you got them in a bundle. Those are still awesome speakers though.

Last edited:
holymoly that is awsome 👍

Thanks! 👍

That CIH setup is awesome. BUT...

If you are using an acoustically transparent screen why bother with a standard center channel. Using a 3rd tower would be far superior.

edit/// nm I see you got them in a bundle. Those are still awesome speakers though.

Hah, aye. I need to get the masks installed.... one of these weekends, lol.

I honestly never thought about using another tower as opposed to a "center" channel speaker, but yeah, it was all a set.

Thanks!

ckellyusa, thats sick. And made me interrupt a meeting with "wow". Same with the other guy and his setup with huge screen / projector.

Alot of nice riggs here, i LOVE the "childish" ones!

How do you talk your wifes into this?
I had to sttle for this thing (And we dont even live together!!):
2122jt.jpg

I think the problem you're hitting is "talk" and "Wife". Dont talk, just do. If you ask her opinion, she'll bugger things up by giving it to you.

Still a WIP, need to add center console with working handbrake and shifter.

What you don't see is a 100+ inch 1080p projector and surround sound :)

img0023vh.jpg

img0024w.jpg

Center console.

img0025dn.jpg

Last edited:
Still a WIP, need to add center console with working handbrake and shifter.

What you don't see is a 100+ inch 1080p projector and surround sound :)

img0023vh.jpg

img0024w.jpg

Center console.

img0025dn.jpg

awesome! personally, I think that puppy pillow would make me go 5X faster! :D

Great setup.

Andretti

got any other pictures of the build? i work at home depot and REALLY considering a PVC Built frame. i have my b-pillars on my s13 240sx/silvia wrapped in the carbon vinyl. nice stuff!!!

you can PM me if you don't wanna post other pics.

just interested in how you mounted the seat and pieces under it... looks like its bolted to plywood.

I'm building the same pvc cockpit based on sloweddy's tweeks to simul8rs cockpit.

I have some pics from him showing the base that the seat sits on and a material list if he doesnt get a chance to get it to you. He's been extremely helpful for me to get my cockpit up and moving towards completion. My base is already done and I have the fittings for the front part of the cockpit sitting at my feet currently. I'm only hoping to get another cut sheet for those dimensions so I can start cutting and putting the rest of it together hopefully this weekend.

Here is some shots where mine is at currently. I havent glued anything together either. I used all ABS since I liked the black and didnt want to have to mess with spray paint, though the costs did add up substantially. What you see here cost $83 (not including pipe) and I spent another $43 today getting the rest of the fittings to complete. The only thing I will do different is where his goes up at an angle, I will add a 'y' fitting on each side. This way, if I choose to add a 'tabletop' where I can set things, I wont have to tear it apart to add it. Also, I will not be gluing the end where the pedals are going to go. I will bolt them for now since I dont want to tear into my new steering pedals that are all of a week old....YET. I will eventually turn the two front elbows up and then add a short section of pipe and then add elbows again pointing towards each other. This way I can place a board on it and hang the pedals from that when I'm ready.

CarSimulator002.jpg

CarSimulator001.jpg

CarSimulator003.jpg

Andretti

Last edited:
This is my setup. Bought the TV PS3 for GT5!

Anyways, 42" Samsung HD on full pivot wall mount. Have the 360 and PS3 in the corner on the pillar. Then have my computer moniter for work.
IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

View from my Rennsport stand. have GT3 RS coming this tuesday! (Fanatec messed up my order, they sent me the 911 turbo s. If anyone is going through this as well, leave an email and be patient. Include everything in your email, cell number, invoices, etc. Really helped for me)
IMG_0737.jpg

View of wall mount extended and how it pivots both ways (HIGHLY RECCOMEND WALL MOUNTS)
IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

Then lastly the view of my 360 and PS3. How I mounted the setup. I really like the result. looks very clean and doesnt eat up my desk space.
IMG_0742.jpg

My set up. The table is wide enough to fit two wheels. Like the girl and I playing it til 1:30am last night.

(Not shown is the 5.1 Surround Sound). :)

GT5SetupMe.jpg

My setup is finally complete

Have Fat PS3 with upgraded HDD going to a Pioneer VSX-74txvi then to a JVC RS10 projector.

Picture displayed on a 2.35:1 128inch screen (PS3 only uses the 100" 16:9 inner portion). Sound goes from the Pioneer to 7 Mirage speakers and a Hsu subwoofer

I sit about 12 feet back on a home theater recliner.

This part of my setup has been completed for about 12 months. I recently added a new wheel and stand. Previously I was using an old Logitech Driving Force on my lap.

Now using a GT3RS v2 on a Rennsport stand with Clubsport Pedals

Overall I'm very pleased with my current setup. The new wheel and stand are the icing on the cake or the cherry on the Sunday

@ GTmotion

Yes I'm talking to you. Your setup looks great, but the tv seems way to high. No way you could finish a endurance race in that position without hurting your neck.
I couldn't race like that, but if your fine with it's obviously okay with me. With all that great equiptment, I find it a waste putting the tv up that high.

@ Mars Atacks

Exactly how I pictured it!

BTW, check this out, my parents playing GT5. They were having fun until they got dizzy... ha...

ParentsGT5fb.jpg

Awww... wow... that right there sums up our love for this game too in my family... that photo is beautiful... it's Christmas, you got the decorations and your parents are sitting there, together, smiling and having a good time playing some GT5 👍

Very candid moment. Good call taking out the camera there...

You must be so happy!

I wish I had a family like that. Though my cousin(he just likes using the controller vs the wheel) and my uncle(loves the wheel and manual transmission). So mine can't be that bad at all.

Back