Votes: 85 21.0%
  • Good

Votes: 165 40.8%
  • not bad

Votes: 110 27.2%
  • I've seen better set ups at walmart

Votes: 73 18.1%

• Total voters
^^^ Someday... lol... Right now I got a small house... when we move, and I have my own "office", Thats something I'm lookin at doin'... But right now Im kinda stuck cuz of space... Got my v2 pre ordered though... Love the setup man...

Some picture's of my current setup now it's finally been painted, carpeted and trimmed.
Before
http
20141106_191532_zpsb092ab28.jpg

After
20141125_120346_zps7e7c5c14.jpg

20141125_165523_zps584b76e3.jpg

20141125_165558_zps0304ad09.jpg

20141125_165611_zpsf891d0da.jpg

Excuse the mess lol

Nice Carson, Curious What Button box and gauges ?

Also Lovin the shaker ON the seat itself. None of this mount at either end of the rig and feel next to nothing business. 👍

Nice Carson, Curious What Button box and gauges ?

Also Lovin the shaker ON the seat itself. None of this mount at either end of the rig and feel next to nothing business. 👍

Thanks Nick
I don't have that problem at all lol I've a lot of shakers, 7 for the seat 2 Clarks you can see, 2 BK's and 2 Aura Pro's plus the BK Advance.
Then 1 Aura pro under my feet/Pedals then 2 BK's behind the inverted CSP V2'S.
I actually have to keep the amps turned way down or I think they'd blow, the effects are great.
It's just a button box, RMK Button box with rotary encoders

Thanks Nick
I don't have that problem at all lol I've a lot of shakers, 7 for the seat 2 Clarks you can see, 2 BK's and 2 Aura Pro's plus the BK Advance.
Then 1 Aura pro under my feet/Pedals then 2 BK's behind the inverted CSP V2'S.
I actually have to keep the amps turned way down or I think they'd blow, the effects are great.
It's just a button box, RMK Button box with rotary encoders

The MORE the Merrier. Lol

My Single gamer and 2 lfe/Mod Gamer's got nothing on all those.....lol

I don't think anyone that has motion has more than a couple of shakers though. Wish I could just make my own motion rig lol

if you built your rig, You can DIY motion. PM me and we can talk a little further if you please. :cheers:

That sounds very tempting, thanks!
This next year I'm dedicating my time and money to upgrading the house, it needs a makeover lol
I will definitely keep that in mind though, so thanks Nick!

I made a small upgrade to my rig recently. I decided I needed a set of DSD Tilton-style pedal pads. I highly recommend them. They feel nice, and I can't say enough how great the customer service is at DSD. I have great appreciation for people like Derek Speare and others who use their creativity to add to the sim-racing experience.

image.jpg

But it got me thinking...

Tilton-style pedal pads, well why not the real deal? Plus, add some custom grip tape to give it a little more character.

image.jpg

It took drilling one new hole (for the bottom bolt) on each pedal arm and tapping of the holes, but it's solid as can be. I have to say, I really like how it turned out.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I made a small upgrade to my rig recently. I decided I needed a set of DSD Tilton-style pedal pads. I highly recommend them. They feel nice, and I can't say enough how great the customer service is at DSD. I have great appreciation for people like Derek Speare and others who use their creativity to add to the sim-racing experience.

Good morning. Your rig caught my eye. I am in the market for a new rig and size will matter, your looks compact and solid. What make is it? Is is as solid as it looks?

Good morning. Your rig caught my eye. I am in the market for a new rig and size will matter, your looks compact and solid. What make is it? Is is as solid as it looks?

It's an Obutto R3volution. It's as stable and as well built as they come. The footprint of the rig itself is somewhere around 2 1/2 x 5 1/2 feet, so that's not bad if you're concerned about size. Accessories, TV/monitors, mats and whatever else will add to the overall space it takes, but that's where it kinda depends on you. Just know that it's heavy, so you won't be pulling it out of a closet to use.

There are smaller rigs, and certainly lighter ones, but it's as stable and rugged as you will find. It's a great peice of gear.

It's an Obutto R3volution. It's as stable and as well built as they come. The footprint of the rig itself is somewhere around 2 1/2 x 5 1/2 feet, so that's not bad if you're concerned about size. Accessories, TV/monitors, mats and whatever else will add to the overall space it takes, but that's where it kinda depends on you. Just know that it's heavy, so you won't be pulling it out of a closet to use.

There are smaller rigs, and certainly lighter ones, but it's as stable and rugged as you will find. It's a great peice of gear.

For reference, My 2x4 Brick Shi* house of a "deathmoble" is FAR heavier than a Stock Revolution and I can easily slide it around on 8 of these.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001W6Q4VA/?tag=gtplanet-20

61zbcFtGTxL._SL1000_.jpg

Alright, you win. That serves me right for using absolutes when saying someone "won't" be pulling it out of a closet to use. You can pull the Obutto around to your heart's content.

...oh, the internet. Sheesh.

It's an Obutto R3volution. It's as stable and as well built as they come.
If I have the money, that is what I would like to get. Truly a jack-of-all-trades simrig that can be used as a office workstation as well. ;)

For reference, My 2x4 Brick Shi* house of a "deathmoble" is FAR heavier than a Stock Revolution and I can easily slide it around on 8 of these.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001W6Q4VA/?tag=gtplanet-20

HarborFreight sells similar ones. They come in two sizes.

My 80/20 rig is pretty heavy. I scoot it around effortlessly on 10 of the little ones.
I cut rectangles out of the foam to match the rubber blocks I mounted rig on.
I installed adhesive-backed velcro to bottom of rubber blocks, and cut rectangles too.

Sliders+.jpg

Last edited:
Ya its amazing the weight u can move on these little suckers. I would venture to say my rig is in the 3-350lb range.

:eek: :eek:

Makes sense, with the motion hardware, mine is probably a little less than half that...
...but that's still heavier than most of the hollow steel tubed retail rigs on market.

It is pretty incredible how much weight you can move with them.

image.jpg

Hi all

Here is my man cave and sim room for my 2 vision racer rigs. The one on the left is GT6 and single screen rfactor. The rig on the right which is partly built is for rfactor 2 and Assetto Corsa.

I was sick of looking at all the cables and making the room messy and wanted to theme each rig so I decided to Build a box for my VR3 chrome edition with an obutto single screen stand.

What I did was run all my cables through the box and have a 8 point multi board inside it to hide everything. Theme based off the Mercedes F1 team. Still a few more stickers to put on. The rig on the right is my triple screen VR3 black edition which my next box will be themed in JPS colours. This will have the sim vibe program with buttkickers throughout so this box was a practise run for the big rig.

The box is made from MDF sheets, with bracing through the middle for supports, aluminium strips for the edging and metal caps for the corners to finish it off. I managed to get a roll of carbon fibre wrap which made it look the part. Once the cables were run through it was a matter of measuring the footprint of the rig and stand then bolt them down. Finally ran cable tidy tubing through out to finish it all off. Rig is super sturdy and with the buttkicker and sub is awesome. Logitech speakers mounted inside the box to hide them, just waiting on some speaker covers to tidy it all up. Stickers were all from ebay.

I recommend to anyone to build a box or podium as it just tidies up all the cables and can be moved if required.

Enjoy

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg
Various photos of my box build and man cave

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my ghetto sim racing rig. Gets the job done though and is surprisingly comfortable. Wheel stand made entirely out of drumkit hardware.

MCNAGTROC - BEAUTIFUL CAR!... lol... Anyways... I just got permission from the wife to take over the guest room, and I'm tryin' to make it a Gaming/Office area... And Im tryin' to take into account everyones setups, for ideas... Still no room for motion, even though Nick's setup looks VERY tempting, the wife would kill me... lol... I really like everyones setups, some Professional, and some not so professional, yet creative and cool... Its just amazing what SimRacing, does to people... lol... It's a wonderful hobby to have... Anyways, just my 2 cents... Once I get things figured out, I'll post update pics... You guys are a great inspiration!...

Back