Post your latest GT5 Pics

I don't know why, but my exhaust backfires look horrible. Does anyone know why, or how to fix it? It looks like it's emitting from the rear diffuser rather than the exhaust, though it looks fine in the preview before the picture gets processed.

Either shutter speed or the blur type you're using. I'd suspect Type 2/3 will cause that issue more than 1.

Either shutter speed or the blur type you're using. I'd suspect Type 2/3 will cause that issue more than 1.
Yes. Try a faster shutter speed like 1/250 or even 1/600 (or 500? I'm not sure...) This gives less motion blur but a way sharper exhaust flame 👍

Yes. Try a faster shutter speed like 1/250 or even 1/600 (or 500? I'm not sure...) This gives less motion blur but a way sharper exhaust flame 👍
It's not the sharpness that bothers me, but rather the position of it. It seems to be fired from the rear diffuser rather than the exhaust, and this isn't the only car (my earlier MP4-12C post had similar issues).

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j266/the_showstopper_2006/SpecialStageRoute5_311_zps3aeba629.jpg

Notice how it comes from within the car, rather than the exhaust?

Also, I use the lowest shutter speed for the most blur on track. In fact, I wish I could set it even lower. I use panning mode 3 most of the time, though I've tried 1 and 2, doesn't fix the problem either.

It's not the sharpness that bothers me, but rather the position of it. It seems to be fired from the rear diffuser rather than the exhaust, and this isn't the only car (my earlier MP4-12C post had similar issues).

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j266/the_showstopper_2006/SpecialStageRoute5_311_zps3aeba629.jpg

Notice how it comes from within the car, rather than the exhaust?

Also, I use the lowest shutter speed for the most blur on track. In fact, I wish I could set it even lower. I use panning mode 3 most of the time, though I've tried 1 and 2, doesn't fix the problem either.
Thr strange position comes from the low shutter speed - Backfire does not come out straight in RL, so it is in GT5. So a low shutter speed makes more blur and that leads to strange looking flame output...

Ah, and one other thing - pictures don't alway need max blur to look fast or aggressive ;)

This is my goodbye to GT5. Will i ever play it again? Maybe. Who knows.

Goodbye GT5.jpg

Latest Posts

Back