Power limiter

DAGO-CHOPPERS619 & RAIDERZ-GURL-98
They need to take this out of the game ASAP!

racing online. we had a room 400 hp, so on the 3rd race, we get ready to start and a bentley rc shows up to race. WTF

online will turn into arcade mode, unless the host watch's everybody's cars.

it's gonna ruin online racing. when you can now race your x1 at 765 hp.

what a bunch of poo

:grumpy:

Has anyone found out what the power limiter does to the engine? Does it decrease power evenly? Or does it decrease power at higher revs? Or limit the rev range?

It changes the curve by putting a line over it. Ie you have a 1000hp car and you set it to 50% will give you 500hp from where you hit at 500hp before to redline. So it will drive more like 600-700hp car even though it is limited to 500hp. However the new performance points system takes into account the whole power curve, so it will be rated like a 600-700hp car. I don't know how exactly right they get it, but PD atleast thought about that.

I really think this needs a hotfix. It needs to be capped at 5%, not 50%. That would make it a useful addition rather than a cheat button.

Greater torque has been confirmed when using power limiter. For example, to stay within the range 355hp/1150kg it is possible to slap on everything and then limit the power to 355 - torque 20-30 Nm higher than before.

I really think this needs a hotfix. It needs to be capped at 5%, not 50%. That would make it a useful addition rather than a cheat button.
Maybe just capped online. Im going to use this to lower my lmp cars power to what they actually have in real life for offline

Yup, there is enough controls for the host now to take out any one who wants to join with an unfair advantage.

HP - Check
Weight - Check
PP - Check
Tires - Check

With PP and HP alone I don't think there will be any issues now.

I cringed when I saw this feature. I knew what it meant for online multiplayer. PD needs to disable this feature for online play. (I'm sure they will within the next few weeks when they realize just how crazy a feature it is when you put it in the hands of kids.)

New room names "yadayada No Power Limiters!"

Yup, there is enough controls for the host now to take out any one who wants to join with an unfair advantage.

HP - Check
Weight - Check
PP - Check
Tires - Check

With PP and HP alone I don't think there will be any issues now.

But PP goes down when HP goes down: hopefully it still considers aerodynamics, steering /cornering characteristics, etc but if it doesn't...

Yeah, but does it change the shape of the power and/or the torque curve, or does it just lower the curve evenly?
A post, from elsewhere...

Think of it as a really precise ECU controller. You lower the power percentage, and it slides the torque curve to the left.

For example, here is my 3000GT VR-4 as it is at 100%:

And here it is when I give it the torque curve of a diesel by whacking it down to 50%:

Basically, it is the most powerful engine tuning option we've ever had in the series by far. And, for the purposes of how I tend to tune my cars (in an extremely OCD-like fashion where all power numbers have to be divisible by five and have an emphasis on torque), PD just gave me Christmas in February. Literally, just by doing that, GT5 became a game that I will likely never stop playing.

But PP goes down when HP goes down: hopefully it still considers aerodynamics, steering /cornering characteristics, etc but if it doesn't...

Tune that crap better, even it out. I think that is fair. In real racing HP isn't everything. I've seen cars with over 300 HP to the other get whooped because the less powered car was tuned better.

Also Yes PP goes down when HP goes down but tires and areo make it go back up. You could dumb your X2010 up to make it fit within the specs of the room but it is going to drive like crap if you do.

Also I rarely race online with cars over 500HP, it takes most of the fun out of it.

This is just bad. It means I can bring my Audi R10 TDI to 350hp races.
So from having to use hp restrictions in online races we go to being forced to use pp restrictions, just because hp restrictions are now useless. And to make matters worse pp restrictions are unpredictable mess that can also be influenced by power limiter.

I m a host every day! i kick all unfair drivers, no problem at all. just join to good host games. I even dont qualify to race, all I do is checing all players who I dont know to drive safe and clean and use cars for particular race! PD had great work on this pach! but still online needs more restrictions! like drivetrain (FF,FR,RR,MR,4WD) and year of the cars. so we can set oldschool race and new type of motorsports etc. but for now its just awesome! keep up great updates!

Its not only power limiter, now we also have Ballast! This will completely change how online is played. Old hp/weight restrictions that we came to love and understand are completely dead and useless now.

Its not only power limiter, now we also have Ballast! This will completely change how online is played. Old hp/weight restrictions that we came to love and understand are completely dead and useless now.

BUT we wanted PP SOOOOO BADLY!

this is great. no more jeez i'm 1 kg off, thanks.

There is nothing wrong with PP or balast and power limiter in itself, BUT they HAVE TO BE OPTIONAL, host must have control whether he allows them or not.

Just set the PP, should fix the issue. If they make the car lighter (or heavier), they will have to change something else as well.

Optional would be nice, but you can't stop people with weight reductions, engine upgrades, suspension upgrades, or turbos from entering either.

Combo of PP and HP should set most races to a fair point. 500 HP with 600 PP rating, should limit the races to a fair set. (I am still learning about the PP)

If you have a high powered car to kill the PP you would need to set the drag really high so it would be slow accelerating (or weight will slow it down).

Power limiter of 50% is just ridiculous. 0-5% would be easily enough to fill the purpose of the limiter which is fitting your slightly overpowered car to the regulations of the online room/race series/time trial. Now you can just make a car overpowered, de-tune it to fit the regulations and get a perfect power output.... Needs a fix as soon as possible as it will ruin pretty much every open lobby and time trial.

And while they're at it, they should make a fix to allow simultaneous use of pp, bhp and weight restrictions.

Power limiter of 50% is just ridiculous. 0-5% would be easily enough to fill the purpose of the limiter which is fitting your slightly overpowered car to the regulations of the online room/race series/time trial. Now you can just make a car overpowered, de-tune it to fit the regulations and get a perfect power output.... Needs a fix as soon as possible as it will ruin pretty much every open lobby and time trial.

But from the pictures I've seen your car will hit a dead spot allowing for cars with a better tune to out beat you since you will hit your power to torque optimized area too soon and you will just putter along until it is gear shift time. Maybe if this game had drag racing that would be killer for turns and uphills and downhills along with having people get in the way it doesn't seem like it will make that much of a different and might actually hurt you.

Tommy_861
I have to say lowering the HP in a car is strange. I just dropped the HP in my Miata to compete with my cousins Peugeot 206 and it feels like there's a dead spot in the engine when you hit the limit. Very weird. Also it didn't seem fair, while our PP matched, his power to weight was better than mine.

^^^ that is what will happen if you lower your HP too much

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back