Problem updating to 1.13?

North Korea
With Kim Jong Un
After my other PS3 stopped reading discs, I found a fat PS3 (model CECH-K01), and I converted all my data to there. However, when it installs, it always starts to 890 minutes, then briefly goes down to 830, then up to 1,010. This was all in a 5 minute period. Any fix?

After my other PS3 stopped reading discs, I found a fat PS3 (model CECH-K01), and I converted all my data to there. However, when it installs, it always starts to 890 minutes, then briefly goes down to 830, then up to 1,010. This was all in a 5 minute period. Any fix?
I think that is normal to do that when it is installing the updates. Did it install the updates ok ?.

UPDATE: Yes, I know that happens all the time, but I endlessly get this message: "An error occurred during installation". Any way to fix this?

I have the same problem over here... I bought a new ps3 + GT6. I tried to instal the game + Updates but after a few hours, every time again, it will give "an error occurrend during installation". I downloaded all updates and tried it 20 times now. (everytime it is installing for around 1 hour before the failure... frustrating!). I tried to delete the whole game file, but still the same problem.

hopefully someone can help me!

Solution to install updates :

1) Download and install updates 1.01 through 1.07 like normal.
2) Once the game begins downloading 1.08, cancel the update process and let the game boot up.
3) After the game has done the internal install and you are at the main menu (GT Home), quit the game and download and install 1.08.
4) Once the game begins downloading 1.09, cancel the update process and let the game boot up.
5) After the game has done the internal install and you are at the main menu (GT Home), quit the game and download and install 1.09.
6) Once the game begins downloading 1.10, cancel the update process and let the game boot up.
7) After the game has done the internal install and you are at the main menu (GT Home), quit the game and download and install 1.10.
8) For any additional updates, just keep repeating the process.

Thanks for the quick response!

So first i have to delete the whole game. Install it and when i start the game i follow your steps? (Or do i have to delete the updates seperatly from another folder or so? Don't exactly know stuff about that.)

Thanks and this weekend i will come here if it worked out!

UPDATE 2: Apparently, @Zlork's method did not work. Almost immediately after trying to install 1.07, it still reads the message "An error occurred during installation". I really want to get back to GT6, but everything seems to fail. Remember, I am running a CECH-K01 model from August 2008.

UPDATE 2: Apparently, @Zlork's method did not work. Almost immediately after trying to install 1.07, it still reads the message "An error occurred during installation". I really want to get back to GT6, but everything seems to fail. Remember, I am running a CECH-K01 model from August 2008.

It's actually my method that he got from here - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/707208-gran-turismo-6/69750046 ;)

It should be noted that the method doesn't work 100% of the time, especially with older models such as your own.

How much free space do you have on your HDD?

do i have to delete the updates seperatly from another folder

Nope! Just delete the GT6 file from your Game Data folder. 👍

52 GB/74 GB

Hmm, even though 22 GB should be enough (my Game Data file is currently ~16 GB), the in-game update mechanism is extremely flawed; and probably thinks that there is not enough space to unpack the downloaded update data.

I would try deleting anything you don't need to see if that fixes the problem.

Hmm, even though 22 GB should be enough (my Game Data file is currently ~16 GB), the in-game update mechanism is extremely flawed; and probably thinks that there is not enough space to unpack the downloaded update data.

I would try deleting anything you don't need to see if that fixes the problem.
After deleting pretty much everything but GT6 and GTA 5 game saves, it is now 55/74. Is this enough? I really want to go back to GT6, but both of my PS3's have issues with GT6. Any more solutions?

EDIT: I am now restoring my PS3 (full format) and I will do another edit after the time has passed.

EDIT 2: After format, it is now 64/74.

Last edited:
Sorry for double post, but an update (to the thread of course). I tried using ethernet like some people have said, but did not help. I am to the point where I am giving up GT6 and waiting for GT7 to come out. Any more solutions that I can try?

Sorry for double post, but an update (to the thread of course). I tried using ethernet like some people have said, but did not help. I am to the point where I am giving up GT6 and waiting for GT7 to come out. Any more solutions that I can try?
I think it is your fat PS3 (model CECH-K01) is your problem. Go out and buy a second hand PS3 slim or get your other PS3 fix.

Same problem here with a slim ps3 and a brand new 500gb hdd. The disk only has v4.65 firmware update. i'll try @Zlork's method today, but i'm really tired... I have a Blue Ray Disc version of the game.

I hope you are teach, I just did everything the video did ... but again it froze on the final bit, 8 hours of nursing and ejecting disks, turning the internet off (Sorry if you were using it.) playing the game (Honda FIT... really!)

Best of luck to anyone stuck with a ps3 unwilling to update. Ol' Painless knows what she likes; and the v1.14 patch of GT6 isn't one of them it seems.

This was my 3rd time downloading, second time i didn't have issues installing all the updates in 1 go, was about 10 updates that time. This time to be sure and make it more convenient i did this method and no issues.

Back