Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
Question I saw that the 24hour le man was going to be included will this just be 1 class or all 3 also will I be able to save my race at any time? as I don't think I could sit for a full 24hours :P.

For those of you who are interested in pre-ordering. I was able to do so at Gamestop here in the states. I hadn't seen anything announced from SMS or the Project CARS website about pre-ordering, but I was pleasantly surprised I was able to do so.

What is the min and recommended spec for the game on PC?
MINIMUM SPEC
CPU – 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400, 3.0 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 940
GRAPHICS – nVidia GTX 260, ATI Radeon HD 5770
MEMORY – 4Gb RAM, 1Gb VRAM

RECOMMENDED SPEC
CPU – 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 3700, 4.0 GHz AMD FX-8350
GRAPHICS – nVidia GT600 series, AMD Radeon HD7000 series
MEMORY – 8Gb RAM, 2Gb VRAM

What is the min and recommended spec for the game on PC?
MINIMUM SPEC
CPU – 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400, 3.0 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 940
GRAPHICS – nVidia GTX 260, ATI Radeon HD 5770
MEMORY – 4Gb RAM, 1Gb VRAM

RECOMMENDED SPEC
CPU – 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 3700, 4.0 GHz AMD FX-8350
GRAPHICS – nVidia GT600 series, AMD Radeon HD7000 series
MEMORY – 8Gb RAM, 2Gb VRAM
Recommended specs are basically high end

The builds they are showing at gaming conferences will murder this game. People sadly just aren't seeing the sim physics with videos like this

The builds they are showing at gaming conferences will murder this game. People sadly just aren't seeing the sim physics with videos like this

I was going to post that but the reactions in the comments was so irksome, I couldn't bring myself to do it. :irked:

The sheer ignorance...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I was going to post that but the reactions in the comments was so irksome, I couldn't bring myself to do it. :irked:

The sheer ignorance...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

That's just it, they aren't on sim forums following the game, they just see videos on big gaming sites and the video sadly does not do the game justice.

Well, watching that video, I also would think this game is a new Need for Speed Underground or so... How the hell can he pass all cars so easily by bumping them out? And the phsysics? Are they there? So forgiving this car? I must agree with some comments on YouTube. No assist can help to fly with the car through corners.

Maybe SMS tasted some blood and after all that media attention, they think this game could get more than a "sim" and they hope to make more sales with an more arcadeish game?

Maybe SMS tasted some blood and after all that media attention, they think this game could get more than a "sim" and they hope to make more sales with an more arcadeish game?

I think it's name is: options.

Among the things you can do with "options" are;
Set the skill level for AI.
Set the damage level.
Set the assists.

:)

Edit: Tree'd, or ninjaed or whatever it's called:)

Last edited:
Honestly, is SMS is going to bypass their game as a sim, why demo it as arcade? It just turns people off.
To make it easier to drive, in a game show atmosphere, with a stick, where you can barely hear the car? All game show videos look the same regardless of the game, it's par for the course. YouTube comments are nothing but comic relief, no one takes them seriously. It's just [insert driving game here] fanboys out to trash the new kid on the block for fear they might have to admit they aren't playing the greatest game in the world.

Last edited:
The builds they are showing at gaming conferences will murder this game.

I completely agree, with SMS making the setting on this level of Arcade, they just completely lost a giant potental fan base who were interested and/or looking forward to it. Still seeing a lot of "Forget this, was planning on buying it, guess Im buying Horizon 2 instead" comments... I can't believe they thought it would work. Lets just hope people are pointing this out on the WMD forums. This is my honest opinion, SMS blew it at E3 by hiding it in an area with limited access. And they blew it at Comic con with the ridiculous arcadish handling.

Last edited:
I completely agree, with SMS making the setting on this level of Arcade, they just completely lost a giant potental fan base who were interested and/or looking forward to it. Still seeing a lot of "Forget this, was planning on buying it, guess Im buying Horizon 2 instead" comments... I can't believe they thought it would work. Lets just hope people are pointing this out on the WMD forums. This is my honest opinion, SMS blew it at E3 by hiding it in an area with limited access. And they blew it at Comic con with the ridiculous arcadish handling.

Dont worry, people at WMD are not amused and asking for a more representative demo at Gamescom.

Your comment about SMS blowing it at E3 is moot though, if you think about it for two seonds you might realize that SMS is in no position to tell Sony how to show the game at their booth. It was the space and setup Sony gave them and they had to either live with it or have no demo on the floor at all.

It's all about promoting their game, nothing get's murdered by eye catching arcade like videos or gameplay footage at game shows.
IMHO, people who comment like "... I buy Forza Horizon 2 instead" should even get a lifetime ban relating to any sim, past, present and future titles.:P
By the way, SMS already have an arcade racing game in the making, World of Speed - a free to play PC title (currently in beta stage).

Have not seen this asked yet (likely has but could not find it)

Is there any plans to have an app for cell phones or ps vita to display the dash (gear, rpm, shift light, etc)

Seen it done on pc sims with cell phones.. would be awesome to have the vita display used for this on the ps4 version.

Edit - did a proper search online and found there is a cell phone app for the pc version out there..

Last edited:
Last edited:
Isn't it the same outdated and bugged build that Sony used at E3? Or only an identical car/track setup? It never showed the interior cam, which would have revealed if it had the bugged steering animation.

Isn't it the same outdated and bugged build that Sony used at E3? Or only an identical car/track setup? It never showed the interior cam, which would have revealed the horrid steering animation.
I think it was different, I believe the setting they had at E3 was either on the "REAL" setting or on the "ACTION" setting. The Comic Con setting is clearly on Arcade.

Ugh. :yuck:

NEVER using Arcade setting even if I'm curious, because as great a sim as it looks, it looks awful as an Arcade game.

Back