Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
You could also drive the Ruf CTR to get your boxer-six fix between GT3 races (note: the CTR might be a DLC car).

$400.00 Console + $60.00 Game + $340.00 Headset + $300.00 Wheel = $1,100.00 in total... Ill pass haha.

I hope it is all that cheap - $1,100 for VR, FFB wheel, sim racing in my home at the quality level Project CARS is supposed to provide... I have spent more than that in the past just building a gaming pc.

any chance of a flat-6 sound mod?
Why would you want a flat 6 sound for a v8?

Also could a WMD member ask if they are changing formula a engine spec to v12 to match the engine sound? I was talking about this a little while ago in the car list thread about this, and it Would be nicer to keep the v12 sound and switch the spec to v12.

Last edited:
I didn’t think starting a new thread for my post was appropriate. Sorry if that’s a problem. I have to two questions for the PC version if it not to much trouble and if it’s allowed to be discussed. I understand if some or all information can’t be discussed.

1. I see the minimum and recommended PC specifications have been posted on the official site and here. While I know this isn’t final, like most of the game, what visual settings can be used if you meet the recommended specs? Simply put: Low, Medium, High, Very High or Good, Better Best.

2. Do you need to be connected to anything else other than the Project CARS servers like Steam? What I mean is, for example Farming Simulator 2013 can be played completely offline in career mode (aside from multiplayer) after it’s been activated. I’m a local (solo) player myself so the less connections the better. If I understand correctly, if you can’t connect to Steam you can’t play even offline/solo player.

Thanks in advance.

Would post this in the Video thread, however this video contains just some basic information about the menus (With commentary).

An excellent run through...I'd highly recommend this to anyone interested in this game.

2. Do you need to be connected to anything else other than the Project CARS servers like Steam? What I mean is, for example Farming Simulator 2013 can be played completely offline in career mode (aside from multiplayer) after it’s been activated. I’m a local (solo) player myself so the less connections the better. If I understand correctly, if you can’t connect to Steam you can’t play even offline/solo player.

Thanks in advance.

I guess this is only because its in Alpha stage? Because I can play Assetto Corsa in Steam Offline mode. At least hotlapping and race weekend with AI.

I didn’t think starting a new thread for my post was appropriate. Sorry if that’s a problem. I have to two questions for the PC version if it not to much trouble and if it’s allowed to be discussed. I understand if some or all information can’t be discussed.

1. I see the minimum and recommended PC specifications have been posted on the official site and here. While I know this isn’t final, like most of the game, what visual settings can be used if you meet the recommended specs? Simply put: Low, Medium, High, Very High or Good, Better Best.

Thanks in advance.

Ok, quick answers:

1. If you hit the recommended specs, you should be able to run the game at very high settings, you would probably have to forego the DS9X AA setting, but on my PC (i5 3570K OC to 4GHz, 7950 OC to 1050MHz) I can run everything at high or ultra at DS2X at 40fps (bearing in mind there is a 20% performance increase due and ATi optimisation as well).

2. The current need for always on conection is to validate the project so that there is no illegal use of the game (ie those without licenses playing the game). This is likely to change on release, but don't quote me on that.

Oh dissapointing. But they can use the same track even if is not licensed? I mean they cant be sued only because they dont use the real name?

I just played a bit AC online (have no pCars access). Just 1 race. And it was just a 10 car race. And even that was enough. 6 out of 10 drivers were morons. I don´t know why people whine that there will be "only" 16-20 cars on consoles in pCars. It is more then enough I think. Unless you meet with other SIM fans, there is no chance to make a quick clean online race. I heared iRacing has some rating system for your driver profile. I wish and want SMS can implement such a feature too!?

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.
If your PC is minimum specs put it all on low then increase the settings my laptop has everything low bar track
And it's fine on solo and low number grids

I heared iRacing has some rating system for your driver profile. I wish and want SMS can implement such a feature too!?

Yes, iRacing does have a rating system for the drivers, it's based on how safely you drive. It increases with every corner you take perfectly (0.2iR per corner, and 1 or 2 for a clean lap, and decreases with every incident you have (be it collision, spin or going off the track). As far as I'm aware, pCARS is going to have it (in fact, some of the achievements/trophies are connected to it), but the coding has not yet been implemented into it. As always, don't take what I'm saying as gospel, it may not make it into release, it ma be part of an update.

As far as I'm aware, pCARS is going to have it (in fact, some of the achievements/trophies are connected to it), but the coding has not yet been implemented into it.

Interesting thing is, in three months we have November. And yet I read this. The car is in pre alpha stage. The track is unfinished. There is a lot of things to do till release. I wonder how they will finish everything in that short time. Because in 2 months it has to become gold. Or I fear a delay to 2015.

Interesting thing is, in three months we have November. And yet I read this. The car is in pre alpha stage. The track is unfinished. There is a lot of things to do till release. I wonder how they will finish everything in that short time. Because in 2 months it has to become gold. Or I fear a delay to 2015.

Just because the coding has not been implemented, doesn't mean the coding hasn't been done. All the back work has been done, it's just there is no GUI or recording system in place for it yet.

I just played a bit AC online (have no pCars access). Just 1 race. And it was just a 10 car race. And even that was enough. 6 out of 10 drivers were morons. I don´t know why people whine that there will be "only" 16-20 cars on consoles in pCars. It is more then enough I think. Unless you meet with other SIM fans, there is no chance to make a quick clean online race. I heared iRacing has some rating system for your driver profile. I wish and want SMS can implement such a feature too!?

You ought to learn the difference between whining and complaining. 16 cars is nothing on the larger tracks. And is once again a poor number all things considered.

Just because the coding has not been implemented, doesn't mean the coding hasn't been done. All the back work has been done, it's just there is no GUI or recording system in place for it yet.

My post was not only specificly about that iRacing rating system implementation. I still read so many times that SMS has a lot of stuff to do. Placeholders, Alpha stage and and and... Just wondering, 3 months to go... We will see...

I know, but I don't think there is anything to fear. There may not be enough time to program in everything little thing we would like, but there will be most of the features implemented on release, and the rest shortly afterwards.

Back