Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
For Consoles, at launch, No. However SMS will attempt to make a proper design creator in the future, you can on PC though via photoshop.
Thank you, a tad disappointed, but you guys have some awesome liveries on the cars so that makes up for it. Hopefully you guys can do a simple version like you said, but if not, that's okay too.

Thank you, a tad disappointed, but you guys have some awesome liveries on the cars so that makes up for it. Hopefully you guys can do a simple version like you said, but if not, that's okay too.
Not a WMD member, so don't give me credit for the Masterpieces I never made haha, if you have any other questions, feel free to check out my thread that I made as some of your answers are in there, if its not, then feel free to ask me (or anyone else for that matter).

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/cars-the-features-that-set-it-apart.310801/

A lot of the liveries are actually member designed meaning. We the community have picked the our favourites

For Consoles, at launch, No. However SMS will attempt to make a proper design creator in the future, you can on PC though via photoshop.

I believe there was talk, or at least an idea brought up, about being able to upload the livery from your PC to your account say via the projectcarsgame.com website and that it than becomes accessible on console.

Not sure at the moment what the concrete plans are though.
The biggest problem the community found was that it was unknown what Microsoft and Sony would allow in terms of 'foreign or external' files within their set of security protocols and regulations. Not allowing unchecked and external files is after all a good way to keep hackers and viruses at bay.

Though as with everything related, the WMD community has already had a debate about it. Even though I personally haven't followed all of them to the end.

I think these days you build a PC for fun or to get the components you want. If you want to save money over big box you need s lot of price research and be lucky with one of those famous micro center CPU sales (if you live in the us). It becomes easier to save money at the high end though

Wow, I have been working really hard the last few days to put together a PC with nice components and I can tell you that this has been extremely frustrating. I actually have a case (Cooler Master Wave Master TAC-T01) that has components in it, I was going to use that, the power supply and optical drives I have in there to save money, but even with that, the units that I have been pricing still come up to $1,200 - $1,600 easy. I even tried to use the same components that was in the off the shelf system that I was considering and it still comes out to more and that is the entire PC Ready to plug in and play.

I used the site http://www.logicalincrements.com but it doesn't make difference, I also used Amazon and it seems like a real hassle that is not saving me any money at all.

I'll be rather disappointed if we don't even get some of the options @HEF51 described. For a game about your own personal motorsports career, GRID set an excellent example.

I'll be rather disappointed if we don't even get some of the options @HEF51 described. For a game about your own personal motorsports career, GRID set an excellent example.

Well, all I know is that a livery editor is not in the game now. Nor do I think it will at release because of that fact, as we (SMS and WMD) are struggling for time as is to get the game polished and optimised.
Post release there are still lots of features waiting to be added and ideas to be executed. Livery editors is something I reckon could be one of them.
What I mean by saying that is that even though the game might not have everything you desire at release, it might be added afterwards. So don't get disappointed right away at release as Project CARS is definitely NOT a fire and forget title.

@LogiForce -- I understand the post-release plans; I figure one of the reasons the Wii U version was delayed was so they could stick the first batch of those features/ideas onto the disc instead of eating away space on the 8GB base Wii U. I'm just hoping a livery editor does make it into the game, especially given the touchscreen and stylus.

@LogiForce -- I understand the post-release plans; I figure one of the reasons the Wii U version was delayed was so they could stick the first batch of those features/ideas onto the disc instead of eating away space on the 8GB base Wii U. I'm just hoping a livery editor does make it into the game, especially given the touchscreen and stylus.

Never thought of that as I don't own a Wii U and have little interest in consoles this generation.
That said... that's a damn good way to make use of that feature of the Wii U though. A really cool idea 💡

Wow, I have been working really hard the last few days to put together a PC with nice components and I can tell you that this has been extremely frustrating. I actually have a case (Cooler Master Wave Master TAC-T01) that has components in it, I was going to use that, the power supply and optical drives I have in there to save money, but even with that, the units that I have been pricing still come up to $1,200 - $1,600 easy. I even tried to use the same components that was in the off the shelf system that I was considering and it still comes out to more and that is the entire PC Ready to plug in and play.

I used the site http://www.logicalincrements.com but it doesn't make difference, I also used Amazon and it seems like a real hassle that is not saving me any money at all.
First ask yourself what else would you use the PC for. Then look at bang for buck.
If your set on a certain build then take your time when building, i realised that if I gathered parts over a longer period of time It could be cheaper and so look at tons of sites as well as eBay and sites similar look on gaming forums.
Project cars is constantly being optimised so the requirement for ultra is slowly decreasing. Research cross fire and sli modes
If you looking at Intel check the for an equivalent of amd as it's cheaper

I never cared about livery creators......the in depth kind. But I do hope there's at least the same thing I wish GT had, which is basic color editing of the car's base colors. Personally that's my biggest problem with GT. To an online racer GT6 would just be infinitely more playable and fun if you could just paint every car. Because there are SO many cars in the game, but very few are actually even cars that can run together without tuning knowledge (which depends greatly on the honor-system....which I don't want to put any trust in online). Yet if we could paint Senna's Lotus, or the 787 you could have whole leagues running with single cars. You COULD do that now, but every car would be identical which is totally lame and sucks any potential fun out of it.

While it's nice PCars has multiple liveries for each car, you are inevitably going to see the identical car online because let's face it, even with 15 liveries each, there are only going to be 2-5 favorites most people will pick from. So I really do hope for basic color editing on the liveries.

I never cared about livery creators......the in depth kind. But I do hope there's at least the same thing I wish GT had, which is basic color editing of the car's base colors. Personally that's my biggest problem with GT. To an online racer GT6 would just be infinitely more playable and fun if you could just paint every car. Because there are SO many cars in the game, but very few are actually even cars that can run together without tuning knowledge (which depends greatly on the honor-system....which I don't want to put any trust in online). Yet if we could paint Senna's Lotus, or the 787 you could have whole leagues running with single cars. You COULD do that now, but every car would be identical which is totally lame and sucks any potential fun out of it.

While it's nice PCars has multiple liveries for each car, you are inevitably going to see the identical car online because let's face it, even with 15 liveries each, there are only going to be 2-5 favorites most people will pick from. So I really do hope for basic color editing on the liveries.
theres constantly new and improved version of a lot of gt3 cars and popular cars such as the lotus f1 cars

First ask yourself what else would you use the PC for. Then look at bang for buck.
If your set on a certain build then take your time when building, i realised that if I gathered parts over a longer period of time It could be cheaper and so look at tons of sites as well as eBay and sites similar look on gaming forums.
Project cars is constantly being optimised so the requirement for ultra is slowly decreasing. Research cross fire and sli modes
If you looking at Intel check the for an equivalent of amd as it's cheaper

The only thing this PC will be used for is Project Cars, Nothing else, I have several computers for other things. I have 2 PS3's and a PS4 (got it for my son), the only issue is that my G27 is not compatible with the PS4 and my son actually used the PS4 the other day, so I was thinking: Buy or Build a PC exclusively for Project Cars and use my G27. The other option was Buy another PS4 for Project Cars and be forced to buy another wheel (Thrustmaster T300RS seems to be the wheel of choice by SMS). The price difference wasn't that much: $956 for the PC and use the G27 or $800 for PS4 and Thrustmaster T300RS.
The Store Pre-built was cheaper than everything I put together with similar specs, Any advice would be welcome.

Pre-built PC Specs:
4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-4770S processor
Features an 8MB L3 cache and 3.1GHz processor speed with Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz.

12GB DDR3 memory
For multitasking power, expandable to 16GB.

Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive

2TB Serial ATA III hard drive (7200 rpm)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 graphics
Feature 3GB dedicated video memory for lush images with rich, intricate detail. HDMI output allows simple connection to an HDTV or other high-definition display (not included).

16-in-1 media reader

2 USB 3.0 and 5 USB 2.0 ports

Built-in high-speed wireless LAN (802.11ac)

Bluetooth 4.0 interface

Built-in 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN

Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit operating system preinstalled

Software package included

With Adobe Reader and more. Includes 30-day trial of Microsoft Office 2013.

Anyone know if in multiplayer (for all systems), if at the start of the race, you have to hold down the clutch and everything like you would in real life, before the lights go out? And if you do it incorrectly your car can stall?

Last edited:
Yes, you do if you have auto-clutch switched off. Otherwise, when you put the car into first gear it will start rolling forward/backward if there is a hill, then you'd have to hold the brake down.

I love how the clutch is modeled. Especially the fact that if you're rolling and pop it into 2nd or 3rd gear you can bump start your car. It's a nice extra cherry on top of the clutch model and makes it feel a lot more like a real car. :)

The only thing this PC will be used for is Project Cars, Nothing else, I have several computers for other things. I have 2 PS3's and a PS4 (got it for my son), the only issue is that my G27 is not compatible with the PS4 and my son actually used the PS4 the other day, so I was thinking: Buy or Build a PC exclusively for Project Cars and use my G27. The other option was Buy another PS4 for Project Cars and be forced to buy another wheel (Thrustmaster T300RS seems to be the wheel of choice by SMS). The price difference wasn't that much: $956 for the PC and use the G27 or $800 for PS4 and Thrustmaster T300RS.
The Store Pre-built was cheaper than everything I put together with similar specs, Any advice would be welcome.

Pre-built PC Specs:
Features an 8MB L3 cache and 3.1GHz processor speed with Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz.

12GB DDR3 memory

Feature 3GB dedicated video memory for lush images with rich, intricate detail. HDMI output allows simple connection to an HDTV or other high-definition display (not included).

16-in-1 media reader

Bluetooth 4.0 interface

I would have bought an Xeon 1231V3 instead of an I7 and would have invested the saved money in an GTX 770 Graphics card. Your I7 is not overclockable (as I know, only the K models are overclockable) and the xeon has the same power as an I7 but is not overclockable. Also if you only play on that PC you dont need an I7. And you say 12GB Ram for multitasking and say you will use that PC only for pcars.

I would have bought an Xeon 1231V3 instead of an I7 and would have invested the saved money in an GTX 770 Graphics card. Your I7 is not overclockable (as I know, only the K models are overclockable) and the xeon has the same power as an I7 but is not overclockable. Also if you only play on that PC you dont need an I7. And you say 12GB Ram for multitasking and say you will use that PC only for pcars.

Hi Sele1981,
Sorry for the confusion, I have not purchased the PC Yet, I was comparing it to prices that I got by searching on amazon to see if it would save money by building instead of buying pre-built. The quote on the memory was just the notes listed in the specs, I only included it to show that the PC was upgradable to 16GB.

Hi Sele1981,
Sorry for the confusion, I have not purchased the PC Yet, I was comparing it to prices that I got by searching on amazon to see if it would save money by building instead of buying pre-built. The quote on the memory was just the notes listed in the specs, I only included it to show that the PC was upgradable to 16GB.

Ok then 👍

Pre-built PC Specs:

12GB DDR3 memory

16-in-1 media reader

Bluetooth 4.0 interface

Have considerd looking at amd as that might be cheaper allowing for you to spend more on accessories like gaming mouse and keyboard and some good deals on steam.

By the way this weekend only assetto corsa is half price

Back