Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
And to think there's still another 5 months of development time :drool:

5 months for practicing Mr Miyagi's teachings...

tumblr_libz9bxbfQ1qcvxceo1_500.gif

200x200px-ZC-9547fa4d_7a366ffa85_1368447213_wax-on-wax-off-karate-kid.gif

Last edited:
Credit where credit is due, Ed Mas outdid himself with this trailer - probably the best racing game trailer I ever saw for any game! :bowdown:
Indeed. Someone congratulate him for a very well done trailer, actually the music gave me a certain Shift 2 vibe.

Dayum, now that's a trailer:bowdown::drool::eek::eek::eek: I love the music too and I'm really happy PCars has more of a classical music or orchestral vibe, rather than the typical metal or techno feel.

Don't forget this in all the excitement fellas:

question:
does the wind have an impact on car's handling? like pulling one direction or slowing your car when going against it?

would be amazing!

AMD with new Beta drivers brings optimization for Project cars. Would be nice to know how the performance has changed?!

Highlights of AMD Catalyst 14.9.2 Windows® Beta Driver Performance Improvements

• Mantle API activated for ultimate performance in Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth
  • Dual Graphics optimizations for KritiKa and SheDiaoZero
  • Project Cars profile update

AMD with new Beta drivers brings optimization for Project cars. Would be nice to know how the performance has changed?!
I had a look it seemed to run better, as I've mated to keep the same fps (45ish) but I've upped a few settings. For my machine everyone ultras a bit too much but I've upped the shadow quality, smaa and environment detail. At the start of races and a few tracks it does drop below 30fps but a lot less than it used to.
The ai now are extremely quick now. I was at 95 previously and would qualify in top 5 but now that setting means I'm 3 secs off pace. So eventually found my setting which is 75 to 85 depending on the track.

I had a look it seemed to run better, as I've mated to keep the same fps (45ish) but I've upped a few settings. For my machine everyone ultras a bit too much but I've upped the shadow quality, smaa and environment detail. At the start of races and a few tracks it does drop below 30fps but a lot less than it used to.
The ai now are extremely quick now. I was at 95 previously and would qualify in top 5 but now that setting means I'm 3 secs off pace. So eventually found my setting which is 75 to 85 depending on the track.
Which GPU and CPU is that with?

Have you tried DS2X? I find that it looks and performs better than SMAA on my rig (I'm also using an AMD GPU).
I haven't I will try it though
Does the frame rate short cut still work with the -gld setting

Last edited:
I got to play Project CARS in person at MCM Comic Con London this weekend.
They had the PS4 version on display and yes, it was running on a PS4 console (most likely a Dev kit) and not a PC+pad.

Graphically it looked pretty good; lots of detail and the lighting was impressive.
There were some instances of slight blurriness, probably added to keep the framerate fresh.
You had several camera options to choose from, including 3 types of cockpit view.

The Demos on display were GTs at Silverstone, LMPs at Silverstone and LMPs at Dubai.
All Demo rigs had AI on Easy and all Assists locked on.

Despite being reined in by Assists, I had a good impression of how the controller felt.
Triggers in particular were very responsive and the steering was acceptable.

The AI, (ignoring difficulty) clearly needs refining as it would bunch up a lot on slower corners and not really be aware of you on track.

In terms of handling, the game felt good. Obviously I couldn't get a true impression because of Assists but from what I played it felt solid.

Overall this game reminded me a lot of Forza 4 in terms of how it felt to drive and race.
I'm pleased to see how the game is coming along and come March it should be a decent package.

One last note was that the Demos were still showing "November 2014" as the release date, which would mean the build was at least 2 weeks old.

I had an elongated go yesterday, given I had nothing to do, and I thought I'd try the career mode. Very good fun, the kart tracks are challenging, but what struck me was how good the pad controls have become. In the space of a week, the controls have gone from a handful to awesome, with the controls allowing you to steer in some slip add push hard, but also keeping it reasonable and easy down the straights. Have to admit, there are a few things I'd to have had implemented before release, but it's finally coming together as the game I'd always envisioned it being.

...One last note was that the Demos were still showing "November 2014" as the release date, which would mean the build was at least 2 weeks old.
Yeah, those demo builds seem to be quite old, more than a coupe of weeks too. I think it may be because they have to be certified by the 1st party, a process which is slow.

I got to play Project CARS in person at MCM Comic Con London this weekend.
They had the PS4 version on display and yes, it was running on a PS4 console (most likely a Dev kit) and not a PC+pad.

Graphically it looked pretty good; lots of detail and the lighting was impressive.
There were some instances of slight blurriness, probably added to keep the framerate fresh.
You had several camera options to choose from, including 3 types of cockpit view.

The Demos on display were GTs at Silverstone, LMPs at Silverstone and LMPs at Dubai.
All Demo rigs had AI on Easy and all Assists locked on.

Despite being reined in by Assists, I had a good impression of how the controller felt.
Triggers in particular were very responsive and the steering was acceptable.

The AI, (ignoring difficulty) clearly needs refining as it would bunch up a lot on slower corners and not really be aware of you on track.

In terms of handling, the game felt good. Obviously I couldn't get a true impression because of Assists but from what I played it felt solid.

Overall this game reminded me a lot of Forza 4 in terms of how it felt to drive and race.
I'm pleased to see how the game is coming along and come March it should be a decent package.

One last note was that the Demos were still showing "November 2014" as the release date, which would mean the build was at least 2 weeks old.
In the last 3 weeks the ai have come massively.

Yeah, those demo builds seem to be quite old, more than a coupe of weeks too. I think it may be because they have to be certified by the 1st party, a process which is slow.
I love the way that a build from only a few weeks ago is considered "quite old", it shows the amazing progress SMS are making.

I love the way that a build from only a few weeks ago is considered "quite old", it shows the amazing progress SMS are making.
builds age quickly especially with three or four new builds each week. For example build 826 was released on the 10/10/14. build 836 was released on the 24/10/14. Thats 10 conventional working days with 10 patches of varying sizes.
these patches do vary in size but on average there about 200mb with alot tweaks. 4 weeks or more is surprisingly old.

builds age quickly especially with three or four new builds each week. For example build 826 was released on the 10/10/14. build 836 was released on the 24/10/14. Thats 10 conventional working days with 10 patches of varying sizes.
these patches do vary in size but on average there about 200mb with alot tweaks. 4 weeks or more is surprisingly old.
Stop it, I can only love pcars so much before I go insane.

Back