Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
I assumed it would have, as the car doesn't actually exist so there'd be no other reason to really invent the car.

Deadmau5. Is. Not. A. DJ.

Anyway, yay RUF! I want actual licensed Porsches, too. :(

When I look up his name on Google, I get some information on the right side and under his name it says "DJ". So don't blame me, but blame Google and/or Wikipedia instead.
When I look at Wikipedia he has been put in the 'Canadian Live-DJ' category as well.

I'll believe you though, but since I am not into that type of music all I can go from is whatever the hell the web wants to tell me.

Edit:
According to the english Wikipedia he even won the "Best Canadian DJ" award. and other DJ awards as well.

So if he is not a DJ... I don't know what he is.

Plus he looks like a DJ here...
deadmau5_2.jpg

8450xs12_126.jpg

Last edited:
Deadmau5 is a difficult one to call. Live, he is a DJ, but he is a musician in his own right, and a lot of his stuff is fairly out there from the mainstream.

Deadmau5 is a difficult one to call. Live, he is a DJ, but he is a musician in his own right, and a lot of his stuff is fairly out there from the mainstream.

Well, that's how it was with bands like Nightwish and Within Temptation as well when they got started. A few new genres were born in over the years those days.
Back than the question was if it was rock, metal, gothic... but eventually it was dubbed Symphonic Rock I believe.

Anyway, the point is we all get (mis)labeled at some point in the mainstream information sources. So yeah, without diving into the matter most people will get it wrong as a result of that.
Maybe someone can edit the Wikipedia article(s) on him for the better?

But let's get back on topic shall we, before we have to deal with the wrath of a fellow GTP'er. :P

Not going to happen due to the EA deal. However I'm sure we can be confident that the Project Cars RUFs will be a better representation of what it's like to drive a Porsche than is available in Need For Speed ;)

Why can't they just give it up already? We all know they can't make a proper racing sim, so they can't compete with the likes of PCars, iRacing, Asetto Corsa, etc. The only competition they have when it comes to racing games is with their arcade racers.

Deadmau5 has stated in the past (and very recently as well) that he hates the term "DJ" because of all the fake DJs that get paid millions to just press play. Deadmau5 is a producer and performer. While most of his live music is produced in the studio, he does mix it live. DJs typically don't play their own songs. Deadmau5 plays his music with a few remixes here and there, but the majority (80%) of songs at his shows are his.

Why can't they just give it up already? We all know they can't make a proper racing sim, so they can't compete with the likes of PCars, iRacing, Asetto Corsa, etc. The only competition they have when it comes to racing games is with their arcade racers.

Deadmau5 has stated in the past (and very recently as well) that he hates the term "DJ" because of all the fake DJs that get paid millions to just press play. Deadmau5 is a producer and performer. While most of his live music is produced in the studio, he does mix it live. DJs typically don't play their own songs. Deadmau5 plays his music with a few remixes here and there, but the majority (80%) of songs at his shows are his.

I guess they think that exclusivity appeals to casual fans who do like Need for Speed. While the badge would he nice it won't affect the quality of the RUF Super Cup. It will probably be the first one off race I try.

Edit: The only DJ's worth listening to are/were Mike Smash, Davenport Nice and Sir Alan of Partridge. The rest are all Mike Reed/Noel Tidybeard wannabees/gonnabees.

Deadmau5. Is. Not. A. DJ.

He's been DJ'in for quite a while, He knows how to mix/beatmatch etc. Compared to David Guetta who plays Pre-Recorded Set. Js.

And on topic...

Grahically P:Cars looks beautiful.. i wonder if the physics feel good at all..

He's been DJ'in for quite a while, He knows how to mix/beatmatch etc. Compared to David Guetta who plays Pre-Recorded Set. Js.

And on topic...

Grahically P:Cars looks beautiful.. i wonder if the physics feel good at all..

Yes they do. Only the FFB was worse in the 820s build I tried by a friend. But they are working on it and I read that the FFB on the newest build is great.

Will we be able to do a certain championship in career mode over and over again? Since there are no custom seasons planned as of right now (:(), that would really be nice. However, I'd love to create my own championships, that's what I loved doing back in the days of the TOCA Race Driver games on PS2. Pick some tracks and set up a championship with the same cars time and time again. In pCARS that would be like the BMW M1 vs. the Ford Capri with the same liveries every time. Kind of like that, creating my own racing series. :lol:

And I have to say a big thank you to all WMD members who share their info with us here. 👍

Will we be able to do a certain championship in career mode over and over again? Since there are no custom seasons planned as of right now (:(), that would really be nice. However, I'd love to create my own championships, that's what I loved doing back in the days of the TOCA Race Driver games on PS2. Pick some tracks and set up a championship with the same cars time and time again. In pCARS that would be like the BMW M1 vs. the Ford Capri with the same liveries every time. Kind of like that, creating my own racing series. :lol:

And I have to say a big thank you to all WMD members who share their info with us here. 👍
At the moment you can replay seasons via contract offers or you can from national to regional to world championships.
for example
you have the british gt, if you do well you can go to the european gt, then to world gt championship.

At the moment you can replay seasons via contract offers or you can from national to regional to world championships.
for example
you have the british gt, if you do well you can go to the european gt, then to world gt championship.
Thanks. That really sounds great. 👍
But as you said "at the moment", does my idea still have a chance? Maybe if more people like it and have the same suggestion. Because creating my own racing series has always been one of my most beloved features in racing games. :)

Back