Project CARS - Logitech Wheels NOT Supported on PS4

• Thread starter biffdiver
  • 2,132 comments
The T100 isn't PS4 compatible, Thrustmaster only lists T80, T300RS and T500RS....

The T80 is compatible but I think it's bungee cord rather than FFB motors. Obviously bungee cord is utterly pointless especially if you already have experience of a real FFB wheel like the DFGT.

Actually the T100 is listed as compatible with the PS4 for the game.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/beyond-reality.html

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of it. Otherwise it's currently probably looking like a lot of money for a decent Thrustmaster.

A friend located this tid bit today. This is not looking good for us Logitech folks.

« Reply #1733 on: Today at 09:21:21 »

a8cp0YT.png

That was from August 3rd.

Here is a comment on Reddit from yesterday...

"I can respond as I'm the guy who wrote that tweet. There's a lot of nuance to the situation and not a lot that I can say right now, but:
1) The PS4 does have a system which checks for security chips on certain USB devices.
2) The G27 was designed years before the PS4 was announced, so there's no PS4 security chip.
3) We are investigating what we can do. We don't have a solid answer yet, so we're being as honest/open as possible: Currently the wheel doesn't work with PS4, and there will be a chip that will always prevent full functionality with the PS4."

Report to moderator
ip.gif

If the DFGT and other wheels are simply able to be used for driving in the game that will be enough for me. I don't care about full PS4 functionality if the DS4 can be used for menu navigation. Maybe the game requires the wheel to have full PS4 functionality though? (Thrustmaster exclusivity deal coming before common sense?)

I'd happily pay a separate licence fee to get the game to work with my wheel.

Actually the T100 is listed as compatible with the PS4 for the game.
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/beyond-reality.html
I had seen that but I'm pretty sure it's a typo from SMS. Thrustmaster themselves state only PS3 compatibility, and their press releases for games such as The Crew on PS4 don't mention the T100.

If the T100 was 1080 degrees I could see it using the T500 drivers. But it's 270 degrees and uses different FFB implementation.....

I'll ask on WMD forums.

I had seen that but I'm pretty sure it's a typo from SMS. Thrustmaster themselves state only PS3 compatibility, and their press releases for games such as The Crew on PS4 don't mention the T100.

If the T100 was 1080 degrees I could see it using the T500 drivers. But it's 270 degrees and uses different FFB implementation.....

I'll ask on WMD forums.

Thank you.

Mind you if it's only 270 degrees that might not be flexible enough.

There is a really good post found on the NeoGAF forum. Seems about the most thought out and complete answer to the Logitech G25/27 DFGT PS4 issue. Not saying he is completely correct but makes sense and is well thought out.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=124896335&postcount=107

Edit - Just realized this person also posted information on this forum as well regarding the issue.

Last edited:
There is a really good post found on the NeoGAF forum. Seems about the most thought out and complete answer to the Logitech G25/27 DFGT PS4 issue. Not saying he is completely correct but makes sense and is well thought out.
<..>
Edit - Just realized this person also posted information on this forum as well regarding the issue.
And received feedback from Fanatec on this page: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/will-the-logitech-wheel-work-on-ps4.275120/page-2
:)

All this is making me feel bad that I am going to buy a T300 - well not really.... but I do hope it is resolved. Competition is a good thing.. plus I almost bought a G27 earlier this year just before people found out about the lack of support on the PS4 and I would have been equally upset.

All this is making me feel bad that I am going to buy a T300 - well not really.... but I do hope it is resolved. Competition is a good thing.. plus I almost bought a G27 earlier this year just before people found out about the lack of support on the PS4 and I would have been equally upset.

Is there a confirmed £ price for the T300 and a release date ? The pedals just look awful tho.

Is there a confirmed £ price for the T300 and a release date ? The pedals just look awful tho.

The first look video from Inside Sim Racing said it was going to be $399.99 US retail :( but I am hoping to find a deal somehow.

Yes the pedals are not so great.. but I modded my DFGT pedals and learned to live with them.. the pedals with the T300 and Tx are said to be better than the DFGT pedals with the mods I did.. so maybe with a bit of work they will be good enough.. I may over time upgrade the pedals and get a shifter too.

I pre ordered PCARS but hopefully I will be able to contain myself and wait for at least some deal on the T300... like maybe if Dell decides to sell it.. I have $123 in eGift cards there that dont expire till Nov.

I think i will be doing the same and buying the T300, i have been waiting for Project Cars since it was first announced, and was absolutely gutted about Logitech not working on the Ps4, but hey life moves on, if the Thrustmaster lasts as long as i have had my Logitech, then i shall be a very happy person.

Cheapest i seen so far is £296 from HERE.

I think i will be doing the same and buying the T300, i have been waiting for Project Cars since it was first announced, and was absolutely gutted about Logitech not working on the Ps4, but hey life moves on, if the Thrustmaster lasts as long as i have had my Logitech, then i shall be a very happy person.

Cheapest i seen so far is £296 from HERE.

For an extra £40 can get the T500 but lose the xmb for a better wheel but worst pedals.

Why didn't they just release the T300 with the T500 pedals ?

The new TH8A is coming out and the T300 doesn't even have a clutch.

I expect I'll pick up a new wheel in November since my G27 may never work on PS4(it certainly won't work by November). I'll probably wait to see if I can find a deal on black Friday. I'd prefer a T500 over a T300 because of the pedals, if I can score a good deal on it.

For an extra £40 can get the T500 but lose the xmb for a better wheel but worst pedals.

Why didn't they just release the T300 with the T500 pedals ?

The new TH8A is coming out and the T300 doesn't even have a clutch.

That is interesting didn't really think of that to be honest, worth looking into, That's true they could have released the T300 with the T500 pedals.

<T100 support in pCARS on PS4>
I'll ask on WMD forums.

Well I was wrong, the T100 is confirmed supported on PC and PS4 by SMS. I'll quote you the answer which I was given by SMS directly via the WMD forum:

"The statement is correct, there is support for the T100. It is also correct that it uses a different FFB API. I cannot comment on which is better, however, or which wheel is best to purchase for use with pCARS as this is far to subjective for my experience with car sims."

i think it's wiser to wait for bigger games (in terms of brand) to come out before acquiring a new wheel. Project cars is just peanuts. Then if logitech wheels won't be supported after drive club, gt7, f1 2015...i'll see... surely i can wait a lot cause i won't buy a ps4 anyway with just project cars... and maybe on console wheel support will suck like nfs shift or codemaster games. I'll just take it easy.

Lol what? Pc surely seems to be the best racing game of the last years but it Counts nothing in terms of brand and audience compared to other titles. Only when commercial games will come out we can hope in some changes.
What does brand and audience have to do with why anyone would buy a game or not? Doesn't every new game start with a zero brand and audience at some point?

Logitech G
@djhazardous @WMDCars @realandytudor G27 requires a security chip for full functionality w/ PS4, and it does not have this chip. Sorry :(
Logi, the nuance is in the use of the word "full". It's clear that the G27 will never offer full menu support, it doesn't even have a PS button. But I think there's still a broad hope that Logitech will be supported in game in a similar manner to the T500RS.

I assume the T500 is using the same FFB drivers as the T300 and that this support is easy to provide, whereas Logitech with their Immersion licensed tech is clearly a very different driver requirement. But time will tell if Logitech and Sony have any interest in working this through. We all know Logitech has publically stepped out of the Console market, after all.

How come nobody with a Twitter account has asked Logitech about the "full" support comment yet? I dont care if I have to use my DS4 in the menus, as long as I can use my G27 on the track. Please somebody go ask for clarification whether the G27 will work ingame at some point, like the T500RS. And if not: Why the 🤬 not?

Back