PS3 General Discussion

This isn't a thread for you to vent.
He's continuing the discussion that you and I were having with him from page 462 and onwards about his PS3 not working very well, which is why he was seeking help with transferring his data from his limping PS3, (which we now know may only last an hour before shutting down) and a new PS3. He's still on-topic.

Just now I was trying to play GT5 on my PS3, but when the game was loading, there was a message saying that there wasn't enough HDD space on my PS3, and at least 1 MB of free space was required. But I checked my PS3, and it said there's at least 31 MB of free space left. How can I solve this problem and get the game running again? :confused:

Hey guys I need help... I bought some DLC for NFS Rivals and all of them are stuck at 84% and won't move, it will increase time in seconds and won't go to 100% and install. I don't want to reset my hard drive and have everything deleted on my PS3... I need help

Just now I was trying to play GT5 on my PS3, but when the game was loading, there was a message saying that there wasn't enough HDD space on my PS3, and at least 1 MB of free space was required. But I checked my PS3, and it said there's at least 31 MB of free space left. How can I solve this problem and get the game running again? :confused:

Delete a save game or game data to allow the game to install whatever it needs. Look for a game you haven't played in a long time under the game data folder and delete it.

Hey guys I need help... I bought some DLC for NFS Rivals and all of them are stuck at 84% and won't move, it will increase time in seconds and won't go to 100% and install. I don't want to reset my hard drive and have everything deleted on my PS3... I need help

Have you tried resetting your router? Have you tried deleting the game data and reinstalling?

Delete a save game or game data to allow the game to install whatever it needs. Look for a game you haven't played in a long time under the game data folder and delete it.

I'm afraid I can't delete any game folders, considering my PS3 is a borrowed one...
Is there any way to permanently delete the GT5 backup folder? Every time I try to delete it, it will be re-created automatically in a few minutes. :banghead:
Deleting it will free up at least 3-4 MB of space in the HDD, which I believe is enough. And I know I don't need a backup in my PS3, as I've already got one in my USB.

What happens when you delete a game file in Game Data Utility? I just deleted the GT5 file in Game Data Utility, and although the saved user data was still present in Saved Data Utility, the game won't run properly anymore, saying that it was 'accessing game data'...

What happens when you delete a game file in Game Data Utility? I just deleted the GT5 file in Game Data Utility, and although the saved user data was still present in Saved Data Utility, the game won't run properly anymore, saying that it was 'accessing game data'...
You uninstalled the game, like in a PC. Now it has to install again in order to play it.

You uninstalled the game, like in a PC. Now it has to install again in order to play it.
So all I can do now is to allow the game to reinstall itself, and once the game finishes 'accessing game data' and installing, everything will return to normal?

So all I can do now is to allow the game to reinstall itself, and once the game finishes 'accessing game data' and installing, everything will return to normal?
I don't remember how the installation goes, but it should do that. You'll also have to update the game in order to get all the Spec 2 features.

Another question: Is it necessary for a game folder in Game Data Utility to be the same or even more updated (i.e. having a later version) than the game folder in Saved Data Utility in order for the game to be able to run properly?

Last edited:
Another question: Is it necessary for a game folder in Game Data Utility to be the same or even more updated (i.e. having a later version) than the game folder in Saved Data Utility in order for the game to be able to run properly?
That depends on the game. I don't think GT5 needs the latest version, but DLC cars won't work properly if not on the right version (like the money glitch on GT6).

Also, can I reinstall Playstation Store once it's been deleted? And will deleting it free up the space that it and its updates have been occupying?

So, I deleted the Playstation Store, and I deleted most of the saved user data (even stuff that didn't belong to me), but I still couldn't free up enough space for GT5 to download the latest update. Is there any way to let GT5 download the update without having to delete anything? I have already tried every method I can think of, and I don't want to start playing the game from scratch again, as that would make no fun... :(

So, I deleted the Playstation Store, and I deleted most of the saved user data (even stuff that didn't belong to me), but I still couldn't free up enough space for GT5 to download the latest update. Is there any way to let GT5 download the update without having to delete anything? I have already tried every method I can think of, and I don't want to start playing the game from scratch again, as that would make no fun... :(
Deleting save data doesn't that much of an effect, it's too small. Is there any other installed data you can remove?

Deleting save data doesn't that much of an effect, it's too small. Is there any other installed data you can remove?
I'm afraid there's nothing else I can delete in the Game Data Utility. Most of the game folders there are occasionally used by my sisters, and the untouched ones belong to the person who lent the PS3 to me, so I don't dare to delete any of them.

I'm afraid there's nothing else I can delete in the Game Data Utility. Most of the game folders there are occasionally used by my sisters, and the untouched ones belong to the person who lent the PS3 to me, so I don't dare to delete any of them.
Without the space, the update can't be installed. Sorry.

Back